Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 13-01-2011, 07:40 AM
Master
what does Judaism teach about Responsibility?

A curious problem needs to be solved.

How is it that we as people can be responsible if we are not our own Gods?

If God is God - over us - then how can we learn that we are responsible beings.

What role does responsibility play in Judaism? To what extent are people considered RESPONSIBLE?

The I AM philosophy teaches us that we are all masters of our own destiny. That we are all God within.

How does that relate to a God who is the overlord? To a God who is responsible for everything?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 21-01-2011, 03:34 AM
Marah-Rut

Hashem blessed us with free will... making us responsible for our actions- it is up to each one of us, individually, to live by the laws of Hashem - we make this life holier, the world holier, when we do so.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Conaeolos

How is it that we as people can be responsible if we are not our own Gods?
In the daily ebb of things is not the first step in taking responsibility often being humble enough to admit we have erred?

If God is God - over us - then how can we learn that we are responsible beings.
In trusting that our gift is not greater than all the other gifted of God's creation.

What role does responsibility play in Judaism?
Central, judaism is a covenant with God "to be good, even as I am" but to not be so arrogant as to think "he should be good, even as we are".

To what extent are people considered RESPONSIBLE?
Such universal judgements are for God's eyes alone, which are shadowed in mystery, as to how much I dare judge anyone responsible, in faith and humility I try with the help of my community and tradition to deeply contemplate what is best and fair.

The I AM philosophy teaches us that we are all masters of our own destiny. That we are all God within.
Such imho is short sighted for I am but a fleck of dust upon whirlwind and it is only through that which is greater than myself that I can echo an eternity.

How does that relate to a God who is the overlord? To a God who is responsible for everything?
Responsibility is in the eye of judge. I dare not judge God for he is my breath. What grasp does the finite have on the eternal?
Old 14-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Master
Thankyou for your thoughtful answers.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 17-02-2011, 03:09 AM
A Glass named Esther

Honza,

Also keep in mind that while G-d is the Master of All, he has invited us to be partners with Him for His creation. Therefore, He has given us responsibility for our own actions with our ability to choose between good and evil.

Conaeolos,

Indeed, G-d is the true Judge!

-esther