Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 07-09-2015, 04:36 PM
Pathfinder

Keep astral projecting while lucid dreaming

So this is the second time I have been able to astral project but I'm dreaming so I have no conscious control. It usually happens early in the morning too

This time I could feel my self trying to separate but it was too difficult and I ended up falling back into my body and into a dream

It's frustrating because I know astral is possible but I can never seem to do it consciously
I've tried ever method out there and it seems I either end up lucid dreaming about it or just falling asleep

Any advice or ideas?
Old 07-09-2015, 08:12 PM
Pathfinder

You have to describe more precisely what you experience. Any details of your experiences?

There is a theory which I hold, too. There are states of out-of-body-experiences which are mixed with dream-states. So, not every OBE is a totally conscious experience. I had the most fascinating OBEs and was not conscious, rather conscious in another state of conscience. And there are kinds of OBEs in which your mind is still a bit "asleep", so everything you sense outside is woven into your own world of thoughts. These OBEs are dream-overlayed. But this is in fact not a problem. Especially in barely conscious OBEs you can learn a lot about yourself, for it will be impulses from your subconscious which lead your way here. It can be very interesting.
The eraly morning is the best time for OBEs. To reach a more conscious state, you can use methods which make you switch between awakened state and sleep state. E.g. you can concentrate on the blackness before your eyes (with eyes closed) and stay alert while doing this. Or you repeat a short sentence until your body falls asleep. Or you concentrate on the streaming of the blood through every part of the body.

How did you do it until now? Did it just happen spontaneously? Which methods did you use?

You say, you just dream after trying to go out. Are you sure it is dreaming? E.g: when you have dreams in which you are flying, well, this is an OBE, too. It is just dream-overlayed. Or it can happen you have the feeling you are seperating from the body and after this you "dream".
Can you describe more detailedly how you feel and what happens when you are trying to separate? Are there any feelings, things you see, hear etc.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:19 PM
Pathfinder

Ok so for this most recent one I felt very heavy. Like as my body was trying to separate I felt weighted down
I know I eventually was able to stand up and I did these weak jumping jacks then laid on the floor
It was as if my astral dream body was thinking it wasn't projecting and was trying different methods to project
I do also remember getting up again and lying back on my bed
The whole experience was very tiring and heavy
Old 08-09-2015, 06:39 AM
Master

You seem to lack confidence. When I think I am not able to do something I am not able to. When I think I can do it, I can. At times I am able to succeed but I am not that confident. When that happens it is harder to do. The more confident you are the easier it is to do things.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:58 PM
Pathfinder

LeoAngel,

you write:
Ok so for this most recent one I felt very heavy. Like as my body was trying to separate I felt weighted down
This is quite normal. When you come out into the layer which is nearest to the material or earthly layer, you feel heavy. It is because your astral body is still "soaked" with the etheric energy (ether, fluid, prana, od, whatever - in literature you find many terms for this matter or energy which is a kind of matter between the material and the astral matter). The etheric energy is your vital energy, which flows through your body. When you separate from the material body, a part of this matter comes with the astral body, and because of this the astral body is heavier. The etheric energy which goes with the astral body is connected to the physical body through the silver cord. When you go from the etheric state into the astral state, the etheric energy is drawn back to the physical body and your astral body is freed from it. When you succeed to come out of the etheric state, you will be able to fly and you will feel light. You will even see more and things will get more bright and coloured.
So it seems you have been in the etheric state and you actually succeeded to go out of the body! Because you write:
I know I eventually was able to stand up and I did these weak jumping jacks then laid on the floor
It was as if my astral dream body was thinking it wasn't projecting and was trying different methods to project
I do also remember getting up again and lying back on my bed

You say you were able to stand up and jumped weakly, and then get back into bed. Well, it seems you did all this with your etheric "body" (which is the astral body + the etheric matter). How did you see your surroundings in this state? Was it dark and grey or what?
And by the way, it is possible to go out of the body by "falling through the floor".

The whole experience was very tiring and heavy
I know this. Etheric states sometimes feel very heavy and it is sometimes hard to separate from the body, because the etheric matter still holds tight to the physical. It sometimes felt like I was trying to get out of a swamp or slimy mass.

Well, if you succeed to get into this state next time, try to go around a bit more. Go through the door or something, out into the open. Lets see what happens. There are two main things: if you are in the etheric state and go around, you will at some distance from the physical body get drawn back by the silver cord toghether with the etheric mass, OR you will be in the pure astral state. Just try out how far you can walk. And one thing more: it is especially in the beginning very important to write down all your experiences, in every detail - what has happened, how it came, what you felt, saw, heard etc. It will be your basics later and you will be able to recognize the different states and what effects they have.
Old 08-09-2015, 05:03 PM
Pathfinder

Ah, and what you forgot: which methods do you use to come into this state usually? Or does it just happen spontaneously?
Old 09-09-2015, 01:24 AM
Pathfinder

So the methods I first were using were right before bed. I would relax my body then feel my heartbeat and feel the heartbeat in my hands, feet and whole body.
Then I began to concentrate on the visual sight- looking at my closed eyelids, then switch to listening, then switch again to my physical body. This was to help my concentration level.
Then I would picture myself getting up and walking across my room. Feeling the carpet under my feet and touching objects i know very well like my dresser or closet.

I do want to say that I again did the lucid AP.. AGAIN

It was early morning.. I woke up. Focusing on ap.
Then i went into a dream state.
I clearly remember looking off the side of my bed and seeing my dog..
I know it really wasn't my dog because my door is closed and she sleeps with my mom.
BUT what is interesting is that the concentration on my dog was enough that i was able to roll my body out again- heavily and walk to my living room.

Everything was dim vision because it was night.
I remember walking towards the family room trying to figure out of I was aping so I sort of jumped in the air and was able to glide through the air where I landed back on the ground. I then asked for my spirit guides- but none came
So I attempted to walk out to my backyard and I felt myself being stopped by the back door. I pressed my head against the glass and tried to figure how to get out.. THEN i pretended to open the door and was able to get out.

Now this is where I think I went into a dream state and lost my ability to keep consciously in control. Because i was soaring up and looked down at my horse corral and all the gates were open. I panicked thinking my horse was loose but then I found her and floated down to her where i hugged her... BUT then I awoke in my body on my bed and was unable to AP again.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:25 AM
Pathfinder

One more thing --- it seems like a majority of this feels dream like... is that how astral travle feels? Sort of like a dream? But i can remember most of it and sort of have control... It's gaining complete conscious control that is hard
Old 09-09-2015, 01:29 AM
Pathfinder

ONE more thing.

Why is it whenever I ask for my spirit guides they don't show up? Actually no one shows up.
I don't see any other entities or anything.

Am I not out long enough or am i not ready for it yet?
Old 09-09-2015, 05:25 PM
Pathfinder

Okay, lets see.

So the methods I first were using were right before bed.
Inducing OBEs before going to bed works, but it is better to do this in the early morning, when you had some sleep but are still a bit tired. That's the best time to induce an OBE. Because you are more alert, more watchful and concentrated. In the evening you are tired, and it is not so advisable to have an OBE when being tired. This is because the state in which you get out depends on the physical state, too. So when you're tired, the OBEs will be rather heavy, tiring, and with little consciousness. In the morning you are mostly far more conscious.

I would relax my body then feel my heartbeat and feel the heartbeat in my hands, feet and whole body.
Then I began to concentrate on the visual sight- looking at my closed eyelids, then switch to listening, then switch again to my physical body. This was to help my concentration level.
Then I would picture myself getting up and walking across my room. Feeling the carpet under my feet and touching objects i know very well like my dresser or closet.

Well, this sounds like a good method. You have mixed up several methods, but if this works for you, it is good. I myself mostly just use a simple method like listening to the heartbeat, then I will fall asleep, and then I will awake some minutes later in the etheric state and get out of the body. Are you going directly into the state where you can come out or are you falling asleep for some minutes before? (I ask this just because I am interested :-))

BUT what is interesting is that the concentration on my dog was enough that i was able to roll my body out again- heavily and walk to my living room.

Yeah that's great! You see, when you are focusing on something your concentration is growing, too.

Everything was dim vision because it was night.
Well, shortly after going out of the body it is normal that everything is like “night-sight”. When you are getting out of the window or a door, it often happens that suddendly the vision is clear and everything is bright and coloured like in daylight.

So I attempted to walk out to my backyard and I felt myself being stopped by the back door. I pressed my head against the glass and tried to figure how to get out.. THEN i pretended to open the door and was able to get out.
Taht's great! In the astral layers, even near to the physical world, the astral matter reacts easily to your thoughts and feelings. This is why you can change things with just thinking/ imagining. If you just imagine you are able to go right through the wall, you will be able to do it (but also depending on the state in which you are). As you see: you PRETENDED to open the door and suddendly it was possible to open it. This is how it works. The first time I did this, I was standing before a closed glass door, and it seemed solid, and I just thought: “But I think it is possible to go through the matter!” And then I could glide right through the glass :-)

Now this is where I think I went into a dream state and lost my ability to keep consciously in control. Because i was soaring up and looked down at my horse corral and all the gates were open. I panicked thinking my horse was loose but then I found her and floated down to her where i hugged her... BUT then I awoke in my body on my bed and was unable to AP again
It happens quite often that you are conscious firstly, and then you lose concentration and consciousness and the surroundings get more dream-like. The more you concentrate on something, like the ground over that you walk, or some surroundings and details, the easier it is to hold up the consciousness.
But it is not “a dream”. You cannot expect that in the first astral layers everything looks like in the physical. It does not! It mostly is a vague copy of the physical surroundings, but the farther you go away from your physical body, the more your surroundings are changing. So, this means: not everytime when the surroundings do not look exactly like the physical it has to be a dream or more dream-like. This is not true! Even in a fully conscious OBE surroundings can be quite different. E.g. you said you saw your dog but in the physical he was in another room. So this means: it can just be that your dogs astral was in your room. And it could be that your horse's astral is running free. You said you hugged her – did you feel anything when you did this? It seems that the meeting has caused you to get drawn back - this happens quite often, too. Maybe the meeting has stirred you so much.
It is VERY important in the astral to SENSE other creatures, beings, humans etc. You always should try to sense how the creatures are which you meet: are they friendly towards you or not, are they in a bad mood, just how they feel like etc. (called vibrancy, or vibration). It is very easy, you just have to concentrate a bit on them and you will sense how they are. This sensation ist the MOST IMPORTANT thing. Not seeing! Do never trust in what you see, always sense what is behind! It's just a normal sensation of the astral body which you should always use, not only with creatures and humans but also with surroundings (how does the place feel like etc).

One more thing --- it seems like a majority of this feels dream like... is that how astral travle feels? Sort of like a dream? But i can remember most of it and sort of have control... It's gaining complete conscious control that is hard

What do you mean with “dream-like”, do you mean that the surroundings are not exactly like in the physical, do you mean the consciousness?
It can be, as I said, that you are fully conscious but the surroundings are different and seem strange. It just because the astral matter is easily formed by thoughts, and especially by the subconscious. The astral surroundings are not like the physical world, not a ground to live on, but it mainly is a communication element. It means, what you SEE depends on your state, mood, condition, your world of thoughts and feelings, your view to see the world. Other people will see it in a different way. But you can always SENSE what is true.
And yes, complete consciousness is hard. The longer you are out of the body, the more you lose consciousness. But gradually it is easier and you can always concentrate on something, especially details, which will keep you more conscious.

ONE more thing.
Why is it whenever I ask for my spirit guides they don't show up? Actually no one shows up.
I don't see any other entities or anything.
Am I not out long enough or am i not ready for it yet?

Well, I cannot say why they don't show up - it's not that they just always come when you call them It can even be that they are actually there, but invisible. You never know. But don't worry about that now. You will meet other persons soon enough. If you are so eager to meet your spirit guides or however you call them, just “ask with your heart” if there is someone who guards you and if this one could show up because you want to meet him/ her. Just try asking and wait if something happens. But whatever happens, never forget the "sensing and not seeing"-thing.

I hope I am not writing too much, but I think this is getting quite interesting and I hope you will be able to explore more things :-)