Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 27-03-2013, 04:46 PM
Master
There's a tendency, particularly in 1st world countries, to believe everything 'officialdom' says. We begin learning in 1st Grade that our elders are experts, always right and always informed. That they care about us and have our best interests at heart.
Our societies prop up this myth with signs everywhere to protect us "Watch Your Step, Warning - High Powered Lines, Sharp Curve, Open Manhole!, Watch Your Head - Low Ceiling, 30 mph curve ahead, Don't Operate in Bathtub, Moving Parts" and so on.
We don't have to think anymore for our own safety - we just have to read. Signs are everywhere.
We have been taught to Not think for ourselves - just to Obey.
This sets very fertile ground indeed for controlling a population.

Like you I've noticed also how many people die right after retirement, been puzzling over it or years. Knew one person who had a heart attack cutting his grass one week after his retirement party. Have numerous other stories too. Enough to recognize a distinct pattern, though I've yet to figure out how the timing is working out so distinctly.
Do we believe as a society that we are no longer of value when we're not in the workforce? The spiritually awakened would say that we create a world based on our belief systems, both on an individual level and a societal level.
Or is it more man made chemical based, or have we found triggers in the DNA sequence - an OFF button?
It would be very interesting indeed to see some stats on what percentage of the country dies within 5 years of retirement.

Planned obsolescence is something we live with in all our consumer goods...the little part that's not replaceable that's engineered to stop working at a certain point. The plastic which fails after a predetermined point, the change of technology that makes everything before it obsolete, and so on....have we clever humans figured out through food supply how to make planned obsolescence viable and applicable for humans?
It would seem so: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?t...or_uid=3951953

Okay, gonna quite now - scared myself. 'Was wondering where it was all heading, why planned obsolescence of humans was important to lock down and perfect and who would do the manual labor and dirty work in the world when all the 'undesirables and costly' were discreetly removed and found this (this from educated people who feel building nuclear plants on fault lines is a good idea):
In February of 2012 the first Global Future 2045 Congress was held in Moscow:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=01hbkh4hXEk
Old 28-03-2013, 04:28 AM
Master

Thanks for the resources, StephenK.

I do think I need to get wheat out of my diet, and the gluten-free stuff, too, it seems.

I did something similar to the dietary approach you mentioned a while back and it really seemed to help me feel better in many ways. I think I have metabolic syndrome/borderline diabetes, so I feel a lot better when I don't have many refined carbs anyway. The only difference was that I didn't have as much fat and had more protein. Sometimes that puts a strain on the kidneys, I suppose. I really felt more clear-headed, more calm and better in all kinds of subtle ways when I was on that kind of diet.
Old 28-03-2013, 04:33 AM
Master

It is disturbing to think that the elite of our society could be spreading so much disinformation and encouraging this kind of pollution and adulteration of our food. But considering the irresponsibility of so many different public policies (like CrystalSong said, for example, building nucelar plants on fault lines. ) it is not that hard to believe. And really, many of the policy makers depend on someone else to advise and interpret the reports and such for them. So it is not like they necessarily really understand the details of it all. They just trust what someone else tells them, the simplified interpretation they are given. There's so many places where misinformation, bending the truth, or outright lies could occur. Not even to speak of all the self-regulation among industries and the fact that the industires, government and academics fund each other so often and tend to come from the same social circles.

We really need to inform ourselves and take our health and our diet into our own hands. If I could, I would grow my food myself. I guess that's the safest way.
Old 28-03-2013, 09:57 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
There's a tendency, particularly in 1st world countries, to believe everything 'officialdom' says. We begin learning in 1st Grade that our elders are experts, always right and always informed. That they care about us and have our best interests at heart.
Our societies prop up this myth with signs everywhere to protect us "Watch Your Step, Warning - High Powered Lines, Sharp Curve, Open Manhole!, Watch Your Head - Low Ceiling, 30 mph curve ahead, Don't Operate in Bathtub, Moving Parts" and so on.
We don't have to think anymore for our own safety - we just have to read. Signs are everywhere.
We have been taught to Not think for ourselves - just to Obey.
This sets very fertile ground indeed for controlling a population.
Type "eugenics" into google and you will find that this ground is well tilled... There have been quite a few people both concerned that this is going on, as well a quite a few folks who are pushing it along as a good thing... The US government was openly involved in eugenics in the early part of last century... So our government historically doesn't have a problem with the concept.... There are tons of links on the subject but here's a good primer as to what generally took place... the whole page is worth reading but I'll leave you with this teaser...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics_in_the_United_States
Influence on Nazi Germany
After the eugenics movement was well established in the United States, it spread to Germany. California eugenicists began producing literature promoting eugenics and sterilization and sending it overseas to German scientists and medical professionals.[62] By 1933, California had subjected more people to forceful sterilization than all other U.S. states combined. The forced sterilization program engineered by the Nazis was partly inspired by California's.[7]
Old 28-03-2013, 10:47 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa
The only difference was that I didn't have as much fat and had more protein. Sometimes that puts a strain on the kidneys, I suppose. I really felt more clear-headed, more calm and better in all kinds of subtle ways when I was on that kind of diet.
<...>
We really need to inform ourselves and take our health and our diet into our own hands. If I could, I would grow my food myself. I guess that's the safest way.

The emphasis should be less on protein and more on healthy fats.... here's my favorite quote from my favorite couple of authors:

http://perfecthealthdiet.com/the-diet/
By weight, the diet works out to about 3/4 plant foods, 1/4 animal foods. By calories, it works out to about 600 carb calories, primarily from starches; around 300 protein calories; and fats supply a majority (50-60%) of daily calories.

and here's part of what he and his wife consider to be healthy fats:

Low omega-6 fats and oils from animal or tropical plant sources, to taste. Good sources include:
  • butter, sour cream, beef tallow, duck fat;
  • coconut milk or oil
  • palm oil, palm kernel oil, olive oil, avocado oil, macadamia nut butter, almond butter, cashew butter
The entire page is well worth the read, as well as their book.... it's all based on the science of what's been recently found about our ancestral exposure to nutrition...

It's also helpful to keep in mind that our body goes through different cycles when we start repairing it with good food.... our blood takes about 3-4 months to replace itself... so when we alter our nutrition for the better we begin building these new cells with much better materials...

And here's a series of interesting links about the time scale involved in this process of "replacing":

On average a properly nourished human body will produce (roughly) 20,000 red blood cells a second, so 1,200,000 a minute and 72 million an hour,
http://wiki.answers.comhttp://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_long_does_it_take_the_body_to_replace_the_bloo d_given_as_a_blood_donor

Each kind of tissue has its own turnover time, depending in part on the workload endured by its cells. The cells lining the stomach, as mentioned, last only five days. The red blood cells, bruised and battered after traveling nearly 1,000 miles through the maze of the body's circulatory system, last only 120 days or so on average before being dispatched to their graveyard in the spleen.
The epidermis, or surface layer of the skin, is recycled every two weeks or so. The reason for the quick replacement is that "this is the body's saran wrap, and it can be easily damaged by scratching, solvents, wear and tear," said Elaine Fuchs, an expert on the skin's stem cells at the Rockefeller University.
More at:
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/02/science/02cell.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

We can get some instant results by removing some of the immediate digestive and blood sugar pressures, but replacing our body takes time. So coming off a poor nutritional exposure for years, it may take a couple of years of healthy replacing to see optimum results as the norm...

But my goodness, what a wonderful journey worth taking!! :^)
Old 02-04-2013, 12:22 AM
Master

Thanks for the information. It is very interesting. I may have to try this sometime.