Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 21-11-2017, 07:09 PM
Lepus

Lightbulb The Health Benefits of Sungazing

Hello,

Here are the health benefits by sungazing during sunrise and/or sunset:

Quote:
Boosts production of melatonin and serotonin. Research shows sungazing stimulates the pineal gland as the direct sunlight hits the eye, moves through retinal-hypothalamic tract, and then hits the brain. This stimulates the pineal gland, also known as the “master gland”. This boosts the secretion of melatonin and serotonin, our “feel-good” hormones.
Increased energy levels. Modern day sungazers say the practice has boosted their vitality. This is probably related to the secretion of the aforementioned hormones.
Increases the actual size of the pineal gland. Not only can this practice boost hormone levels, it has also been shown to increase the size of the pineal gland. Normally, as we age, the pineal gland shrinks. However, brain scans of a long-term practitioner of sungazing show that this 70 year-old man has a gland three times as big as a normal man.
Promotes weight loss. One of the historical theories for sun gazing was that the body and mind could be nourished by the sun, reducing the need for food. Similarly, some modern day sungazers say they have lost excess weight, and some even report a total loss of the desire and need to eat.

It's an interesting practice by simply gazing at the sun every ten seconds during sunrise and/or sunset adding ten more seconds every passing days will promote the aforementioned benefits. What got my attention is that there are reports of individuals who sungaze that have no desire to eat any food. I wonder if that's true.

The Health Benefits of Sungazing - Global Healing Center

Lepus
Old 21-11-2017, 07:57 PM
Master

Be careful! It's abnormal to look directly to the Sun, and it causes irreversible damage to your eyes. I've watched a real case documentary on this (it might be on youtube too), and the gazer eventually got irreversible burns on his retinas. The benefits were mostly wishful thinking. You can meditate much safer in the dark.
Old 21-11-2017, 08:33 PM
Master
i wear a hat or a cap

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 23-11-2017, 03:05 AM
Lepus

Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Be careful! It's abnormal to look directly to the Sun, and it causes irreversible damage to your eyes. I've watched a real case documentary on this (it might be on youtube too), and the gazer eventually got irreversible burns on his retinas. The benefits were mostly wishful thinking. You can meditate much safer in the dark.

I would like to know about this documentary you're referring to. Please provide the link or title of the video.

Lepus
Old 23-11-2017, 03:48 AM
Lepus

Hello,

Yes, starring at the sun at any time will cause severe damage to your eyes, but not before sunrise or after sunset when the sun is between the earth's horizon. This is when the UV ray light isn't strong enough to cause blindness. There are videos on YouTube on how to properly sungaze.

Lepus
Old 23-11-2017, 05:00 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepus
Hello,

I would like to know about this documentary you're referring to. Please provide the link or title of the video.

Lepus
It was on TV. I don't have a link.

A quick search yielded a documentary "Eat The Sun", but I'm not sure this is the one I watched. The director wrote:
The fact that you could permanently damage your eyes seemed of little or no concern for most of these believers. When we took Mason for an extensive eye exam and they found a burn in the center of his retinas, he was disheartened and discouraged and he stopped sungazing. Why he ultimately decided to continue sungazing to reach HRM’s goal of 44 minutes and risk even further eye damage was testament that he was after something bigger than the physical.

Between Mason’s internal struggles, HRM's demise and the discovery of an organized Christian-based religion that believes that Jesus was a sungazer, I became convinced that there was indeed a story to tell.
Old 21-03-2018, 08:43 PM
Experiencer
please be careful, most people do not know but the damage you do to your retina will not necessarily be felt imediatly... as strange as this may sound, but it may take up to 15-20 years for the damage to be visible...

was a study done years ago... in a town where people were able to watch the eclipse... people stared at the Sun Eclipse through smoked glass.... kids too. All were alright... and 18 years later a very big majority of those people have serious eye problems.

yes, sun gazing is about sunset or sunrise.... but STILL! it is the frickin sun! there is a lot of metaphysical and occult and whatever things for you to experiment, but I urge you to protect one of life's most precious things we have, our eyes!
Old 25-11-2019, 05:08 AM
Newbie ;)

Hello there ,

Thank you for your advice.
Old 29-01-2020, 04:04 PM
Newbie ;)

hey

thanks soo much

I appreciate