Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 29-05-2017, 10:01 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner2013
Hi Awareness,

I'm a big fan of yours, as you know. So glad to see you are posting here about this, as I know I had asked you some questions about LOA in the channeling forum.

As I read your above quote, I thought about people who have narcissistic personality disorder. They have inauthentic, inflated views of self that do not translate into reality. I believe you hit the nail on the head when you wrote that 'no one receives or manifests anything because of the words they use" because a NPD person can say "I'm awesome, I'm great" all day long, but because those words are covering up a fragile, insecure mentality, their affirmations don't work. Because, in actuality, they themselves don't believe the words.

Thanks again for posting about this.

I am a big fan of yours as well, dear Sojourner2013. You are very welcome. Yes, in that sense, it can be seen that the affirmation (repeating the words) doesn't work, yet the real affirmation is of the heart, in this case meaning one's core self-perception. (However, the soul's eternal affirmation, which some people perceive as being "I AM," is at the core of self-perception.)

Narcissism is actually a manifestation of low self-esteem that masquerades as "greatness," as you wisely understand.
Old 29-05-2017, 10:18 PM
Deactivated Account
Believe it or not, those who are labeled or seen as having NPD actually have a large degree of belief in their own distorted ideas about greatness. So, in that sense, the affirming or thinking, "I'm awesome, I'm great" is really working, simply because the person himself/herself has a very different idea of greatness than that of the Higher Self, which sees greatness in terms of love, equality and oneness among all beings.

In other words, if one mistakenly perceives his own arrogance for greatness, then his self-affirming of that perception is working 100%. . .for in keeping that attitude and belief he will perpetuate his own "greatness," you see.