Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 18-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X
Belief= I don't know but I think I know~!

Made me laugh.

Speaking with a big time Catholic friend - I said that line - "Belief=I don't know."

He thought for 2 seconds and smiled with his pipe - and raised an eyebrow nodding...as if saying - and he was proud of it ----must have come from that line -
blessed are those that believe and have not seen ---well, yeah, ok they are blessed ---but
I'd rather have been Peter, James or John that were invited to "see" the Tranfiguration!!!

Seeing, experiencing is way better, imo.
Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-07-2011, 02:02 AM
Racer X

blessed are those that believe and have not seen

Yes.....but that does not mean to be satisfied with that~

"Seek and Yea Shall find, and Keep seeking UNTIL you FIND"
-The Gospel Of Thomas

That , of course starts with belief but ends in knowing~!

Yes, Miss Hepburn, I am well versed in the programmed mind of the Catholic as well as the Lutheran and damn near every other "belief" system as well. Too bad EGO takes over and robs them of their heritage."

Old 22-07-2011, 03:21 AM
Racer,

xxoo

Miss Hepburn

Btw, bec I did tough love with my Catholic friend - not answering 3 emails - he apologized to me by phone for his sarcastic, fear based remarks and is now sending me verses filled with love instead of his usual wrathful, punishing verses from the OT.

He's a criminal attorney that looks like Ernest Hemingway. It's hard for him to be "soft".
But he IS softening and being more heart-based- me rejecting him was the shock he needed.

I had had it, was all. I'm currently dropping some friends that are not "Holy Company"..I'm asking myself, "Why?", why do I hang with these people.
Seems my tolerance of people that are "stuck" is growing thin.
It's strange to watch this in me.

Rambling...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-07-2011, 04:03 AM
mattie

Useful Groups For Many

Some of these types of groups can be very useful transitions for those who are moving from organized religion to less structured ways of thinking about spirituality. Some embrace new concepts quickly while others need to ease into them. Let them move at their own pace. These may be a bit too structured for some, but that's OK as attendance is optional.

Always remember that others’ journey can sometimes seem odd to us, but there are many pathways that are equally valid. We have our hands full in managing our own journey!
Old 22-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I had had it, was all. I'm currently dropping some friends that are not "Holy Company"..I'm asking myself, "Why?", why do I hang with these people.
Seems my tolerance of people that are "stuck" is growing thin.
It's strange to watch this in me.

Gotcha...

Xan

Old 16-08-2011, 07:40 AM
Seeker

I'm studying it now. I went to a few group meetings. They didn't do too much for me, I think it depends on your way of learning. I do like the course. It helps you to free yourself of beliefs.
Old 16-08-2011, 08:01 AM
Master
My husband and I ran an ACIM group. Like any other, it is another tool to allow one the opportunity to 'find' oneself. The text is never meant to lead one any particular way and says so.

When one truly understands the meanings behind the words, then one has chosen to embark upon on their own journey in their own unique way.
Old 16-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Master
This from the teachers manual has been coming up lately again:

"Teach only love, for that is what you are."

Xan

Old 31-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Racer X

Lesson 243 ~ Today I will judge nothing that occurs.

I will be honest with myself today. I will not think that I already know what must remain beyond my present grasp. I will not think I understand the whole from bits of my perception, which are all that I can see. Today I recognize that this is so. And so I am relieved of judgments that I cannot make. Thus do I free myself and what I look upon, to be in peace as God created us.
Father, today I leave creation free to be itself. I honor all its parts, in which I am included. We are one because each part contains Your memory, and truth must shine in all of us as one.