Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 22-02-2012, 06:55 AM
MorningMist

Twin Flame: Illusion or Real?

Hello wise ones. I'm new here and apologize in advance for the length of this.

I have some questions regarding TF's that I hope those with more experience and knowledge in the matter might be able to help me understand. I'm confused by the TF experience (if indeed, that's what it was), trying very hard to accept the seemingly prolonged breakup we're going through, and stop running away from the pain.

I've not experienced this intense, 'real' energy connection with another human being before (I have with animals, though, both domestic and wild), certainly not with anyone in the 'soul mate' category, past or present, though I'm not exactly a novice in matters of the heart.

This is decidedly unchartered waters for me.

He and I didn't share the 'synchronicity' of 11:11 that so many seem to view as 'proof positive' of a TF union. Our only synchronicity, in that respect, being that he was born on the 5th day of the third month, and I was born on the 5th day of the fifth month.

Nor were either of us entangled in other relationships when we met. We live in separate States. We've had dreams about each other, heard each other call our names at random times (not over the phone) and could tangibly feel and know what the other was thinking and feeling whenever we weren't in contact.

From the moment we met, he uttered words that had never before been spoken to me: “You are the other half of my soul”.

Our meeting kicked off a series of intensely vivid dreams, mostly of me working as a shaman, transforming into animals (I knew nothing of shamans, either, when the dreams began and had to do some research into the subject).

Despite him being Y-Gen (23) and me a Baby Boomer (shocking, isn't it?), he's a great deal more 'mature' than I am, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually. At times, I could almost swear he's thrice my age.

He's forgotten more schools of spirituality and religious thought, global politics, economics and world history, than I will ever care to know in my entire lifetime (having digested all of Tolstoy's published works before he was 10 years old).

He's also fluent in half a dozen languages, and is a lone, practising Druid, with a heart to help a hurting world, one person at a time.

I, on the other hand, would sooner escape this world (indeed, I live a hermit's life, 'far from the madding crowd') than try to help what seems beyond help. I feel the weight of negatives in the world, the negatives of people's thinking processes, too intensely when I'm near crowds of people; it was dragging me down so such an extent, that I fled to deep countryside to live.

We're startling alike, yet more different than two people could possibly be.

Squabbling erupted. Or rather, 'baulking'. I did a lot of baulking. His patience with said 'baulking' was nothing short of miraculous, as he tried so very hard to teach me and help me heal myself, whilst I worked so very hard at vehemently rejecting it all, for fear of the 'real' me being exposed.

Inevitably, it spelled the beginning of the end. I failed to see the bigger picture...and believe I broke his heart in the process. My ego got in the way of something so amazing, so 'sacred', even as I was shocked by it's venom and ferocity. It was like watching a movie about someone else.

I seemed ill-prepared to stand in front of a long-locked door and watch it being opened by someone else – at which point, a closet full of fears and insecurities (some of which I wasn't aware existed) came tumbling out, all but burying me beneath them.

Ego immediately began doing what ego does best: defending, protecting and justifying every last one of them, like a lion with her cubs. Pretty ugly stuff.

Things cooled rapidly between us after that (over the past 12 months) and he's since moved in with a female friend (soul mate?). Our contact is almost non-existent now. He told me once that he would sooner cut me loose than hurt me, and that's what he's done. He said he felt that reaching out to me was only causing me more pain, and he couldn't live with that.

Our 'link', that ability to 'feel' each other, is fading rapidly (for both of us) and I can't begin to describe how distressing that is, never having experienced it before. I don't know whether he's also finding it distressing, I only know that he recently said that, like me, he's losing the ability to see or feel me as well he used to.

It's like watching a heart monitor slow to a flat-line.

For the first time in my life, I'm doing my best not to run away from soul-destroying pain, but I truly don't know whether it's the result of an infantile part of me desperately fighting what the ego sees as 'rejection', or whether it's my Higher Self trying to tell me that riding through the pain is actually the quickest – and most healing - way over the 'mountain'.

My questions are: When TF's break up, is it because they weren't genuinely TF's to begin with?

Why would two halves of the same soul unite when one is so severely underdeveloped?

From my limited understanding, TF's tend only to come together when they're both ready and perhaps only have a few minor hiccups to work through before they achieve their combined 'destiny' in the world? (which seemed to adequately explain to me why TF unions are considered so 'rare', because so few are at, or close to, the same level as each other).

I want to understand this. I don't know whether, as Florence Scovel Shinn wrote in her book 'Your Word is Your Wand' (recently given to me), we were merely 'signs of land' for each other, and not the actual 'land' itself, or whether we were, indeed, Twin Flames, but knowing me, I've got a-hold of the wrong end of the stick.

Normally, I'd listen to my 'gut' and heart, but as this is a situation I've no experience with, confusion seems to be drowning them out. Also, there's a genuine fear of deluding myself.

I would dearly appreciate the opinions and thoughts of others who are experienced and knowledgeable in this matter than I am...and apologize again for this being so long.

Thank you so much for your patience if you've read this far.

MorningMist
Old 22-02-2012, 07:43 AM
Master
Hey Morning Mist...

I might say I'm experienced in these matters... because I experienced matters that come into the experiential field of twin flames... but what I think is actually more pertinent is what the overall 'teaching' of the twin flame 'might' be about and more importantly; how the teaching engages us in doing the work we need to do as individuals.

This experience has given you, without a shadow of a doubt by the words within your writings, all the things you need to let go of and work through.

The simple fact you engaged in the possibility of a love so high should be enough to convince you that the work needs to be done...

I've glimpsed the higher me and her together up there and I gotta tell you, meeting her here matters less and less all the time... because what's up there... this is just pale in comparison.

Be well and go easy on yourself... find that love inside and float away on it
Old 22-02-2012, 08:22 AM
MorningMist

Thank you so much for that brilliant, logical insight!

Work it is, then....minus the TF (pauses for quick sob).

:)
Old 22-02-2012, 09:13 AM
soul whisperer

MorningMist, I'm going thru a similar situation as yourself right now and I would equally love to hear the answers to the questions you ask... no-one can really say if our soul connections are in fact twin flames, or not... i guess we will only really know this on the other side or a deep knowing within us... a lot of pain seems to go hand in hand with these connections and, I am told, it is part of the process... a process that is meant to heal and help us grow... I am still in the midst of a lot of pain and trying, like yourself, to make sense of this, if I ever will... please pm me if you need to talk more...
Old 22-02-2012, 10:17 AM
MorningMist

I'm so sorry you're suffering this kind of pain too, SoulWhisperer *hug*

It's difficult not to crumble under the weight of such pain, because it's not remotely the same kind of pain we've experienced with the ending of other relationships.

This pain cuts far deeper, and, I'd venture so far as to say, it leaves one feeling as though their very air supply has been cut off (at least, in my case).

But knowing that others have gone through it, and survived, chides me into finding my own 'intestinal fortitude'.

I found Mr Interesting's comment to be so obvious and logical as to border on being profound (for me). Although it doesn't ease the pain, it does point me in the direction of what to focus on to perhaps start repairing myself.

It's just perhaps a little difficult when you're missing your 'mirror' and wondering if you will ever be reunited again.
Old 22-02-2012, 10:50 AM
soul whisperer

saw this quote this morning that might help:
"Before we can let go of anything, we first have to ACKNOWLEDGE its presence. Once we have done this we then need to OWN it, even if it is very painful to do so. When we own our pain or fears we are then able to LET GO and we are free. This is how we become whole again." - Jacqueline Cullen

which means to me that it's pointless trying to ignore our pain and 'get rid of it', so to speak...we need to acknowledge it, accept it for what it is, EMBRACE it even, because that's what is helping us define ourselves at the moment...the fact that we can and do feel so much love and the 'apparent' loss of it (i say 'apparent' because it's never really lost..we are still connected with our soul connections and the love never dies) is what is causing us the pain...not having them physically in our lives... and learning to let go of the need to have them presently with us because the love we think they gave us was already in us...what I think he brought out in me was already there...that's what we need to work on and directing that love to ourselves....
much love to you MM
Old 22-02-2012, 11:29 AM
Loving_Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul whisperer
saw this quote this morning that might help:
"Before we can let go of anything, we first have to ACKNOWLEDGE its presence. Once we have done this we then need to OWN it, even if it is very painful to do so. When we own our pain or fears we are then able to LET GO and we are free. This is how we become whole again." - Jacqueline Cullen

which means to me that it's pointless trying to ignore our pain and 'get rid of it', so to speak...we need to acknowledge it, accept it for what it is, EMBRACE it even, because that's what is helping us define ourselves at the moment...the fact that we can and do feel so much love and the 'apparent' loss of it (i say 'apparent' because it's never really lost..we are still connected with our soul connections and the love never dies) is what is causing us the pain...not having them physically in our lives... and learning to let go of the need to have them presently with us because the love we think they gave us was already in us...what I think he brought out in me was already there...that's what we need to work on and directing that love to ourselves....
much love to you MM

I like this SW xxxxx
Old 22-02-2012, 11:53 AM
MorningMist

Ditto :)
Hugs
Old 25-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Master
Yesterday was quite funny as I ended up at a table in a pub, midday, with two others involved in the twin flame thing and as I sat there and the realisation of this, that the three of us were all involved in twin flame scenarios, but at totally different points of enactment, I just thought it was beautiful.

One was, and is, so entangled he was unable to see a way out, his hope told him there was, but the reality was just more entanglement... while the other chap, we were all guys, was seeing his own entanglement reflected in greater depth. Neither of then knew the concept but were realising it existed in their shared experiences.

I sat there almost chuckling to myself, waiting for the opportunity to let them know what the 'entanglement' was called, but was reluctant to explain the meaning.

From within the entanglement it seems the only thing in life worth living up to, all else pales in comparison with the possibility of depth offered, but from outside, but still within, untangling is the only viable option.

Lets say you have two balls connected by string and you hang them by the centre of the string. They will tangle, untangle and then tangle the other way.... on and on and on.

But what if the two balls stretch to each end? The see the string and the point from whence they hung is no longer in control... They see each other, from a distance, but the nature of the string comes into play....

Entangled? untangle or entangle further.
Old 25-02-2012, 09:24 PM
imabeliever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Interesting
Yesterday was quite funny as I ended up at a table in a pub, midday, with two others involved in the twin flame thing and as I sat there and the realisation of this, that the three of us were all involved in twin flame scenarios, but at totally different points of enactment, I just thought it was beautiful.

One was, and is, so entangled he was unable to see a way out, his hope told him there was, but the reality was just more entanglement... while the other chap, we were all guys, was seeing his own entanglement reflected in greater depth. Neither of then knew the concept but were realising it existed in their shared experiences.

I sat there almost chuckling to myself, waiting for the opportunity to let them know what the 'entanglement' was called, but was reluctant to explain the meaning.

From within the entanglement it seems the only thing in life worth living up to, all else pales in comparison with the possibility of depth offered, but from outside, but still within, untangling is the only viable option.

Lets say you have two balls connected by string and you hang them by the centre of the string. They will tangle, untangle and then tangle the other way.... on and on and on.

But what if the two balls stretch to each end? The see the string and the point from whence they hung is no longer in control... They see each other, from a distance, but the nature of the string comes into play....

Entangled? untangle or entangle further.

This is Awesome!!!! Love the Clarity it gives me