Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 28-05-2014, 12:27 AM
Experiencer
Oopsie, that is an old thread. I wonder, how things unfolded for girlsearching?
Old 28-05-2014, 02:07 AM
Knower

Love is an emotional thing. You don't need be physically attracted to someone to love them. If you think you need a physical attraction to love them then you don't really love them. Physical attraction is a physical thing.
Old 28-05-2014, 02:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfirst
Oopsie, that is an old thread. I wonder, how things unfolded for girlsearching?
Yesterday is 'old'??
Old 28-05-2014, 04:30 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
can you not be physically attracted to your significant but still be in Love ?.

Please clarify...do you equate "physical attraction" with "sexual attraction"? Reason being, someone may not be "physically attractive" or may be just "average" by societal standards of physical beauty but could be definitely sexually attractive to one due to many other reasons.

These kind of unions are not as uncommon as you think. A spark is a spark and I would think love connections are based on something deeper than physical beauty, but then again many do have physical standards of beauty a potential partner must meet before they consider a love connection. Quite a quandry! Great question for discussion!
Old 30-05-2014, 12:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZen
Please clarify...do you equate "physical attraction" with "sexual attraction"? Reason being, someone may not be "physically attractive" or may be just "average" by societal standards of physical beauty but could be definitely sexually attractive to one due to many other reasons.

These kind of unions are not as uncommon as you think. A spark is a spark and I would think love connections are based on something deeper than physical beauty, but then again many do have physical standards of beauty a potential partner must meet before they consider a love connection. Quite a quandry! Great question for discussion!

That's the thing I don't find this guy sexually attractive but that dosen't mean in the long run I could right. ?
Old 30-05-2014, 05:29 PM
Experiencer

Yes, physical attraction can develop where it wasn't obvious before. For me, often a dream about a casual acquaintance will trigger attraction that I wasn't aware of before. Maybe, you could try asking for a dream about him, before you fall asleep, and see what develops. One thing that you could do that doesn't risk hurting a nice guy, is to try fantasizing about him in that way, and see how it feels. If it doesn't work, no harm has been done!
Old 30-05-2014, 08:21 PM
Experiencer
i reckon love is both physical and emotional feeling
lack of one will result in an incomplete relationship
one thing people brought up though
that sometimes the attraction could be there
you eaither didn't get to experince it yet
or it simply hasn't been triggered
Old 05-06-2014, 10:55 PM
Lakshmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
I was just carious because there is this guy that I have been texting. I don't find his looks to be attractive to me but he is nice. I met him when I was going to school in millwaukee Wisconsin, to this alternative college program. I haven't seen him in person since we both graduated from the program. My family thinks that I don't really like him and they never met him before so they are skeptical. In a relationship does it have to be one sided in order for it to work ? . I can learn to look past his outer appearence as long as he treats me right.

I would appreciate any advice.

It's more than appearance (to me) -- it's energy. I believe our souls zap us with chemistry when we meet someone who can be a mate and when that energy isn't there (to me) that shows friendship energy rather than lovers and maybe that is the message.

You haven't met in person yet though, so maybe it's too early to tell...

If you have lots in common and feel drawn to him, why not meet and see what happens in person?

One thing I will say though, if you are concerned about the lack of attraction now that may be a big factor in the long run -- I talked myself out of thinking the lack of attraction in one relationship was important to me because I felt so much love and care for him, and it ended up really being something I missed and I ended things so I could have more energy and passion. I wish I would have known that would end up being important to me before I went so deep into the relationship.

Hope this helps!
Old 05-06-2014, 11:14 PM
Ascender
Yes from experience you can. Although probably i was suppressing it before that is why i didnt find him sexually attractive. Eversince i found him physically attractive, objectively speaking he is a very handsome man, he is really my type to begin with but probably because i was privy to some information and due to our situation then i suppressed the sexual attraction. I even said there was no "spark" between us but upon learning i do really love him with all my heart and soul, what happened was not just spark but fireworks! Lol

Maybe love triggers it? But i know the difference now between love and lust. Lust eventually wears off, love stays the same. Now to me he is the most sexually, physicalky, mentally, emotionally and physically attractive guy i have ever met.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:05 AM
Octy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfirst
Hmm, I am not so sure, that physical attraction is not important. Our bodies are very spiritual and register everything, that goes on all levels -emotional, spiritual and, of course, physical. I believe, there is a reason, why we are attracted physically to certain people and not the others -and that has nothing to do with beauty standards..
You could try Focusing exercise, and see, if you can get answers from your body directly.
Maybe you could be good friends with him instead of partners?

I found this interesting. Also Lakshmi's response regarding energy.
I have been drawn to someone's energy and been physically attracted to someone who was outside of the square box - in more ways than one. I have not been physically attracted to any other being on the same level. Not even my soul mate in the same manner. Although I have gone beyond appearances with my SM, with that said, I'm still 'in love' with him (even though every cell of my body was attracted to this other person) - and I'm not talking about 'affair' material. I'm talking about something that is completely off the scales.

So yes, you can be attracted to someone that you wouldn't ordinarily class as attractive.