Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 01-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Deactivated Account

what is the fascination with lucid dreaming ?

I must be missing out on something, what is the fascination of lucid dreaming ?

Why do people want to do this ? what is the purpose ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 01-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Neville

Hello Dream Angel

It's a free holiday to anywhere. with the added bonus of time travel.

Some of them can be educational and precognitive too.

You can also see and speak to loved ones and pets that have finished their time in a physical body.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:39 PM
northstar

oh my yes neville... and fight fire breathing dragons... run barefoot with the wolves.... and flyyyyy... its another lifetime within a lifetime... an adventure within the adventure... at lucid you get to participate rather than just be a bean bag bouncing around in your subconscious...

this was my first significant lucid dream... (you can skip this part if you like)

i was in the mountains and i came upon a place where everyone was camping... they were running about like crazy, missing each other by inches... but i also noticed... they all thought they were alone in the dream... this is the dream pool...

i wondered over to a house and went in, then thought 'oh my, this is private property' and rushed out... there was a spirit sitting on the ground outside and he looked up and said 'this is my place'... and motioned to the whole dreamscape...

i looked over the scene of hurried dreamers and said 'its kinda'... and i stopped... i was going to say 'crowded'... but i paused and said 'noisy... isnt it'... well he just jumped up and stood before me with a huge beaming spirit smile just radiating out from him... i thought he was going to kiss me... and i awoke... it may not seem like much, but i had just made my first 'conscious' thought/decision in a dream...

and the rest, as they say... is history...
Old 01-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Hello Dream Angel

It's a free holiday to anywhere. with the added bonus of time travel.

Some of them can be educational and precognitive too.

You can also see and speak to loved ones and pets that have finished their time in a physical body.

hi Neville,

Those all sound like most interesting benefits . I need to learn how to do this then. I do believe that I have been missing out on this lucid dreaming !

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 01-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Deactivated Account

Thank you northstar for sharing your first lucid dream.

I like that ~ " an adventure within the adventure " .

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 11-06-2011, 10:50 PM
surrendertotheflow

my question is how do you know you are having a lucid dream? I have had many dreams where I felt like I was watching a movie, and none of the characters were known to me.... Or there have been times where I was in my dream, and I KNEW I was dreaming but couldn't wake up.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:52 PM
surrendertotheflow

okay wait, I just read another thread that explained. Boy, I think I used to have these ALL the time when I was younger. I may even do it now, i just haven't been remembering all that well.

Makes me wish I could remember those dreams where I knew I was dreaming lol. I had a lot of them.

What about that feeling like you are going to roll or fall right off the bed, and you wake up in shock realizing you weren't even moving.... is that significant at all? anyone know what I mean?
Old 11-06-2011, 11:35 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by surrendertotheflow
my question is how do you know you are having a lucid dream? .

I think it is when you are dreaming and you change something in the dream, you can interact in your dream. Correct me someone, if I have this wrong

Expect Miracles !

Old 26-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Cal

Quote:
I must be missing out on something, what is the fascination of lucid dreaming ?

Why do people want to do this ? what is the purpose ?

Hi Dream Angel. I can share my perspective on this but first I would like to point out I don't claim to be an expert on lucid dreaming. However, I have had many lucid dream experiences, enough to obtain a perspective on it based on my experiences, which may be limited to some and more than others.

My fascination began somewhere around the late 80's to early 90's, when I saw a news show about it, covering some studies at a university. I went on to read a couple books about it, which intensified my fascination so much that I actually became somewhat obsessed with practicing it nearly daily for many months. I even purchased a sleep mask device with sensors that detected REM state and triggered blinking red LEDs. That, along with other learned techniques, sent signals or queues that help me recognize that I was dreaming within a dream. So in essence I learned to recognize that I was dreaming within a dream and became lucid (aware that I was dreaming within the dream). I've also had, although more rarely, expereinces of entering the dreamstate consciously, directly from a meditative state.

Sometimes I would simply marvel at how 'real' and vivid everything was and experimented with sensations like touch, smell, taste, vision, etc. Sometimes I would fly, travel underwater, through walls, and in space. Sometimes I 'controlled' the dreamscape and witnessed my ability to create or manifest. Sometimes simply I went along with the story line without imposing my will to alter, modify or direct. I ended up doing this more as my experiences grew in number, so more of a witnessing so to speak.

I can't really say why I was so fascinated with lucid dreaming at first. It was more like a drive, something that I felt that I had to do once I was aware of it. After many, many lucid dreams over a long period I sort of lost interest because I felt like I already learned what I needed to learn most from those experiences. I learned that I was a creator so to speak, or a co-creator more specifically - that we all are but that many do it unconsciously. I learned that the waking 'world' followed similar creation or manifestation principles but with rules or limitations of space and time. My experiences were integrated into my belief system.

Hope this helps. Have a nice day,

Cal
Old 26-06-2011, 02:13 PM
Deactivated Account

For me personally, knowning you are dreaming whilst mid dream and being able to control things are not the same.

Lucid is about being clear minded, the known you are dreaming whilst in there. Sure you might be able to choose which direction you walk in, but ACTUALLY changing your dream or being able to fly does not come hand in hand with this.

It can take a while to understand that things like gravity doesnt exist. As you are lucid your logic mind struggles to accept this non-logic world and it can take awhile to over come it.