Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 19-03-2014, 04:26 AM
Deactivated Account

Fear of death off and on

This has bothered me for sometime. Just recently it has been intermittent. But when I was younger like around 13-15. I was afraid of dying. I don't know if this is because of a past life. But recently that fear has started coming up in the last 6 years. I've been through a lot of **** perhaps that's part of it? But I'm spiritually stronger then I have ever been.
Old 19-03-2014, 04:52 AM
livingkarma

Consider this, our reflexes are automatic causing us to react in a split second to danger ...
In extreme adverse conditions, the brain's chemistry changes to survival mode cuasing us to behave like animals to protect ourself ...
We will fight to the best of our ability to prevent injury or death ...
In death, our consciousness changes from human to spirit ...
All human fears are removed ...

I've contemplated this subject for years, however, it was not till my husband's death that I overcame the fear of my death ...
My fear is the death of my children & the grief I will experience from it ...

The reason for it is an easy one, its the fear of life ...
If you look at the many threads or even read just the titles, you'll notice they have one thing in common ...
They're all about day to day living ...
Getting from one day to the next, working through problems, depression, fear of entities, illness, disease, difficulty moving forward, finding love, letting go, financial issues, getting along w/family, so on & so forth ...
The what if's, confusion, inability to make decisions ...
Needing/wanting to control people or the future, change our past for a better outcome ...
They all speak of the fear of life ...
The unknown of our future ...
Hope this helps ...
Old 26-03-2014, 06:07 AM
sanatanam

Not knowing who we are

In Srimad Bhagavatam there is a text that says "Fear arises because of secondary interests". Secondary interests are selfish interests that ignore the existence of God. The fear is also due to the ignorance of what we actually are. Once we realize that we are meant to serve the supreme person, and that everything including our very own selves belong to him, death is only a transition for the better.
Old 26-03-2014, 06:35 AM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanatanam
In Srimad Bhagavatam there is a text that says "Fear arises because of secondary interests". Secondary interests are selfish interests that ignore the existence of God. The fear is also due to the ignorance of what we actually are. Once we realize that we are meant to serve the supreme person, and that everything including our very own selves belong to him, death is only a transition for the better.

OMG! That sounds like shame is used as a whip to beat on people for chosing to be a human w/emotions & feelings ...
Scarey!
If this is the case, I would've refused to incarnate to stay w/God instead of wasting time learning how to be a human being as well as learning from human experiences ...
No offense to you, but that is just not my belief ...