Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 03-08-2015, 06:34 AM
SarahL

'Loosing' crystals.

Hi Guys,

I am new to the crystal world and have been using over the last couple of months. So I put them out for the full moon 31/7, about 26 small crystals. 5 my daughters, the rest mine. So in the morning I looked out of the window and the towel I had them on was messed up and looks like not many crystals were there, when I went out my 2 bracelets were there and about 6 crystals, then I found 4 on the grass (they were on an outside table) we have a bunch of crows around and I think they got into them!!!! Prob in there nests! About 16 are missing.I was devastated initially.
What are your thoughts on this? I have friends with more experience with crystals than me, and they are perplexed. I understand if you loose crystals their work is done and you no longer need them, but I technically didn't loose them. Then 2 days later I randomly found 1 sitting in the grass I had already searched. Any thoughts would be appreciated , thanks!!
Old 03-08-2015, 09:01 AM
Master
99%+ of the time a person lost or misplaced the crystals like any other object, or they were stolen by a person or animal. But there is definitely a very small probably less than 1% of instances where neither of those logical answers are applicable, and so in those remote cases we have no choice but to think outside of the box. I can speak from personal experience of losing about a dozen or so crystals that once you store your crystals somewhere safe and don't leave them sitting around on a table, floor, etc. they typically stop disappearing. So either cardboard has some magical multi-dimensional shielding properties or people are just clumsy and lose things, obviously it's usually far more likely the latter of the two.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:34 AM
Master
Wow, that is an unpleasant surprise! Can understand you're not happy.
In the 5-6 years that I've been working with crystals, I've lost 2 tumbles, one a very rare one, so I wasn't happy either.
I also accept that I apparently don't need them (anymore), but still...
Maybe you can connect with the spirit of crows and ask them to return them to you? Aren't they pranksters, maybe they will return them. I'd definitely keep an eye out for them in the garden. And think about the ones you've lost, do you feel they were the ones you didn't really do much with? Do you still have your most favourite ones?
No matter what, not a nice experience, and I'm sorry you lost that many!
Old 03-08-2015, 09:55 AM
SarahL

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Wow, that is an unpleasant surprise! Can understand you're not happy.
In the 5-6 years that I've been working with crystals, I've lost 2 tumbles, one a very rare one, so I wasn't happy either.
I also accept that I apparently don't need them (anymore), but still...
Maybe you can connect with the spirit of crows and ask them to return them to you? Aren't they pranksters, maybe they will return them. I'd definitely keep an eye out for them in the garden. And think about the ones you've lost, do you feel they were the ones you didn't really do much with? Do you still have your most favourite ones?
No matter what, not a nice experience, and I'm sorry you lost that many!
Lol yeah it was a shock for sure. I had a few I really liked that are gone and a rose Quartz I wore daily, my initial though was to replace them all, but I think I'll just get more based on what I feel...thanks for the reply.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:58 AM
SarahL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
99%+ of the time a person lost or misplaced the crystals like any other object, or they were stolen by a person or animal. But there is definitely a very small probably less than 1% of instances where neither of those logical answers are applicable, and so in those remote cases we have no choice but to think outside of the box. I can speak from personal experience of losing about a dozen or so crystals that once you store your crystals somewhere safe and don't leave them sitting around on a table, floor, etc. they typically stop disappearing. So either cardboard has some magical multi-dimensional shielding properties or people are just clumsy and lose things, obviously it's usually far more likely the latter of the two.

Thanks for the reply, I'm not one to be careless with my crystals, they were secure in my backyard on a table for cleansing, I wasn't expecting birds to be interested in them, but now I know better.
Old 04-08-2015, 04:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahL
Thanks for the reply, I'm not one to be careless with my crystals, they were secure in my backyard on a table for cleansing, I wasn't expecting birds to be interested in them, but now I know better.
Neither am I but if they are left sitting around outside of a secure object such as a box, case, etc. they tend to disappear. They are often small and difficult to see so if they are knocked off of a table and then kicked under something they might not ever re-appear, or a pet could find them and do God knows what with them. There is also the obvious possibility that some dishonest person saw them and stole them, even out of your backyard. I know a girl who had a several hundred dollar Ajoite stolen from her backyard when she was charging it. And animals are definitely a possibility as well. Squirrels, rats and mice, birds, the list goes on. Animals see something shiny and colorful and become interested in it, get scared and think well I better take this with me and I'll study it more later. In New Guinea there is a bird of paradise that steals everything blue it can find, but only stuff that is blue for some reason. And it makes a huge nest out of it to try and attract a female, I guess it wants the female to be impressed by his nice blue house. There have been several times I have charged some really small stones such as Tanzanite and Phenacite and I was extremely worried an animal would steal them, I checked on them literally every 30 minutes just to make sure they were all still there. I don't buy into the ideology that if you lose a crystal that means you weren't supposed to work with it. Under that ideology my car broke down because I wasn't supposed to drive it anymore? My computer crashed because I wasn't supposed to use the internet anymore? My phone was disconnected on a call because I wasn't supposed to talk to someone anymore? Obviously those aren't the reality of the situation so I see no reason why it would be different with minerals. It's the same New Age ideology that leads people to believe they are in complete control of everything but then says that a crystal disappeared because some angel took it away because they weren't supposed to use it anymore. One New Age ideology contradicts another unfortunately, so in reality your stones were likely stolen or lost.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:32 PM
Master
Sorry to hear that! I can't find a Chevron Amethyst which I wore all the time, when I started working with crystals. Perhaps you could use another method for cleansing your stones, such as sound. Singing bow and tingshas are nice :)