Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 29-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Radiant Soul

Proof of afterlife and reincarnation

Forgive me if this was posted before...
What proof is there of afterlife and that reincarnation does exist? It's not that I am a skeptic, I grew up Christian and my Religious views have changed into spiritual views and I am seeking truth and what resignates with me, not what I was forced to learn. The thought of reincarnation makes me feel more at ease and excited about life. But I am wondering how do we know for sure that we reincarnate and that there is an afterlife and do we have any control in how it looks?

Which leads me to this question, is hell a place in another dimenson? Is it where only murderers go? Is there a devil? Maybe I'm drifting away but all these questions come to mind when I think of this topic and I'm just trying to piece things together and get more concrete info to support my new curiousity and excitement about the concept.

Thanks in advance for your responses
Old 29-03-2011, 10:13 PM
tragblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiant Soul
Forgive me if this was posted before...
What proof is there of afterlife and that reincarnation does exist?

I don't know if there is definite proof, but there have been a few people who have made it a point of study (Dr. Raymond Moody and Elizabeth Ross), and tried to gather as much NDE experiences as possible for research. Those NDEs seem to point to the answer being yes, there is an afterlife and possibly even more lives after that.

Quote:
The thought of reincarnation makes me feel more at ease and excited about life.

When I first thought about it, it made me uncomfortable, like this particular life meant less, but the idea of reincarnation resonated as truth with me, either way, and eventually grew on me. It may not be the truth for everyone, but I find it funny how certain "truths" nag at us until we finally give in to our intuition and believe in them. I never even noticed the day I went from not wanting to believe in reincarnation to being excited about it.

Quote:
Which leads me to this question, is hell a place in another dimenson?

Most people say that hell is a state of mind, or an astral production. There really is not much of a point in there being a place called hell if there is reincarnation. People will learn not to murder as they go along in lives-- they don't need bad habits tortured out of them. And isn't it usually hell-like conditions-- abusive parents-- that make murderers in the first place? It would seem like anyone going to hell would spend their next life angrier than they were when they died!
Old 29-03-2011, 10:16 PM
Enya

I could offer you no end of book titles, research or personal experience to prop up my beliefs in both these concepts but in the end, if you want 'proof', you can only find it by being open to trust. Trust in possibilities, trust in universal constants and trust in what resonates as truth for you.
Old 30-03-2011, 12:34 PM
SandybytheSea

This is NOT intended to be an insult to anyone questioning, it's just a phrase that came to mind when I read through the posts:

For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.

How often we get offered "proof" and dismiss it as "just another anecdote"? When we're ready to accept that we are souls temporarily inhabiting a physical body, then we begin to recognise the truths we're regularly shown. But until that time we need to work through the questioning process - and that's a good thing. It's not the answers that matter, it's the questions that are important because our questions mean that our guides stop filing their nails, get up off the sofa and say "great, NOW we can start to work with this person! It might take a lifetime or two, but at least he/she is starting to ask questions!"
Old 30-03-2011, 04:31 PM
Felynx

Death and reincarnation cant have some sort of irrefutable truth because something like that is beyond "research". I have a hard time wording it but you cant exactly come to some sort of conclusion based on evidence, which is what truth is to mostly anyone who want to be convinced of something.
Its all a matter of personal understanding and experience. Im MY experience, the soul is eternal. Ive retain a lot of my memories and personality since I was last alive, as well as all the things I experienced on the astral plane (which I guess would aslo be known as an afterlife though one can go there while still being alive).
Old 30-03-2011, 05:40 PM
starfish

hello radiant soul

have a listen to silver birch speaks for a good talk about life hereafter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aFtkVRrizU&playnext=1&list=PLC3B17A509F02 1D0C

and then listen to some of the hundreds of communicators who spoke thru leslie flint's mediumship on how they passed and what they now find etc..

http://freewebs.com/afterlife/flint/flintrecordings.htm
Old 30-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Radiant Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragblack

Most people say that hell is a state of mind, or an astral production. There really is not much of a point in there being a place called hell if there is reincarnation. People will learn not to murder as they go along in lives-- they don't need bad habits tortured out of them. And isn't it usually hell-like conditions-- abusive parents-- that make murderers in the first place? It would seem like anyone going to hell would spend their next life angrier than they were when they died!

Thank you for responding, so then I wonder, there are demons and evil entities that exist in other planes, I always thought that they existed or were from a lower plane which was hell. I'm trying not to get of subject here, it may seem that I am but for me this all ties in to my curiousity about this topic.

So I'm not sure if you have heard of various ceremonies held where people actually sell there souls to the devil for power and other various reasons, so that makes me question if there is a hell and if not where would those souls go, do they get to reincarnate?

I'm going to look in to the researches on NDE's too!
Old 30-03-2011, 06:20 PM
Radiant Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
I could offer you no end of book titles, research or personal experience to prop up my beliefs in both these concepts but in the end, if you want 'proof', you can only find it by being open to trust. Trust in possibilities, trust in universal constants and trust in what resonates as truth for you.

Thank you Enya And that's exactly the path I'm on because what I was taught before and practiced for many years over started to be questionable to me and just did not sit right within.
Old 30-03-2011, 06:25 PM
tragblack

Quote:
Thank you for responding, so then I wonder, there are demons and evil entities that exist in other planes, I always thought that they existed or were from a lower plane which was hell.

I just watched a movie called "Event Horizon," have you seen it? It's a pretty scary and gory movie, so a lot of people here might not like it, but it is a classic. It is about a space ship that warp-drove into a dimension that could be called Hell, and brought back some entity that was like Satan, getting into people's minds and making them do crazy things out of fear. It got to "the darkness that was already inside people."

So hell could just be the worst part of your personality-- the darkest part that can imagine all sorts of horrible things, and maybe even like it. Demons just prey upon that vulnerability...

Of course, I have no experience with demons. This is based on thought and speculation.

Quote:
So I'm not sure if you have heard of various ceremonies held where people actually sell there souls to the devil for power and other various reasons, so that makes me question if there is a hell and if not where would those souls go, do they get to reincarnate?

I don't think there is any soul that become incapable of reincarnating after "selling their soul" or whatever. I see a possibility of the confused soul just getting stuck in a dark dimension of their own design after death. It may take some work and realization to get out of... I don't know. Once again, going with my gut on the subject-- no experience.
Old 30-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Herman123

Hi

Here is a website with over 2600 near death testimonies

http://www.nderf.org/NDERF_NDEs.htm