Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-12-2011, 07:01 PM
Occultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolite
At this point it will come down to experience.. im open and not sensitive.. and respectful.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
I just seen the Glory to God comment and didnt want to go there.
I understand you have your own beliefs on what happens to the dead due to your religion and thats great it still is not proof or something valid and scientific.
Old 28-12-2011, 07:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye
I understand what you are saying Jim, and the thought of waking up in a morgue is frightening. I know we understand little and have much to learn but I just don't buy into believing these people were actually dead, despite the medical profession claiming this was the case. Wouldn't you say this type of experience goes against the natural law of cause and effect?

A good few years back I read about someone who could at will lower their pulse rate and slow down their breathing so it appeared as if they were indeed dead, yet they had placed themselves in some form of meditative state. Perhaps this may be similar to what happens to those you have mentioned in your post?
i think people that are pronounced dead like Jim mentioned and you are referring to her, aren't really dead, just as you say...their pulses and heartrates are just so low they aren't even detected. I read of a baby born and pronounced dead but the mother would not let go...held the baby two hours and it started to cry...the baby's about 9 months now, I guess... but obviously, the baby was born alive..

There is a section of the puffer fish that if you eat it, it can kill you, but some cultures use that part of the fish to put someone in what appears to be death state....and looked upon as a zombie as they 'come back to life'... so people like that or as you stated, I don't believe are truly, in fact, dead...just like people undergoing an operation and their muscles are so relaxed,b ut they can feel every bit of pain, but are unable to speak, open their eyes, scream out their pain and so they have to lie there and endure. I once woke up after anesthesia and could not move. It was a horrible experience and I'm glad I wasn't awake before that, but I lay there and for a moment, i actually thought I was in a morgue just because I could not speak. my eyes opened wide but I could not turn my head, I could not speak...I saw a body next to me on other table, but it was covered from what I could see out of my perepheral vision. People just went about their business around me...It was a frightening ordeal thinking you might have died or they thought you did and you can't move or speak. i was grateful when someone finally took notice that i was awake and helped me to come around.
Old 28-12-2011, 10:53 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
Depends on who you ask. some believe the soul remains in the body for 3days. /shrug no clue and if I was to answer it would be a guess.
There is nothing scientific to prove otherwise.

From what I have heard, read, believe, the soul leaves the body as soon as we take our last breath. The etheric body is the last to go and can take up to 2 to 7 days to slowly disintegrate.
Old 29-12-2011, 12:12 AM
Skye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
i think people that are pronounced dead like Jim mentioned and you are referring to her, aren't really dead, just as you say...their pulses and heartrates are just so low they aren't even detected. I read of a baby born and pronounced dead but the mother would not let go...held the baby two hours and it started to cry...the baby's about 9 months now, I guess... but obviously, the baby was born alive..

There is a section of the puffer fish that if you eat it, it can kill you, but some cultures use that part of the fish to put someone in what appears to be death state....and looked upon as a zombie as they 'come back to life'... so people like that or as you stated, I don't believe are truly, in fact, dead...just like people undergoing an operation and their muscles are so relaxed,b ut they can feel every bit of pain, but are unable to speak, open their eyes, scream out their pain and so they have to lie there and endure. I once woke up after anesthesia and could not move. It was a horrible experience and I'm glad I wasn't awake before that, but I lay there and for a moment, i actually thought I was in a morgue just because I could not speak. my eyes opened wide but I could not turn my head, I could not speak...I saw a body next to me on other table, but it was covered from what I could see out of my perepheral vision. People just went about their business around me...It was a frightening ordeal thinking you might have died or they thought you did and you can't move or speak. i was grateful when someone finally took notice that i was awake and helped me to come around.

Hi Sarian, I can't even begin to contemplate the thoughts that must have been rushing through your mind as you went through this ordeal. Thank goodness someone noticed your predicament and helped you. It's definitely one experience you will never forget.

I also found it interesting to read about the puffer fish example you mentioned, thank you for sharing. One fish to keep away from that's for sure.
Old 29-12-2011, 01:19 PM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare
Is it possible that the soul won't be able to leave the body after death, and will remain in the corpse?
I feel that the physical body mimics the soul etheric body that is within it by way of electrical impulses and bio-hydraulics. As long as the physical mechanical body is living it will be able to follow and mimic the actions of the soul. If the brain dies, the heart stops and the hydraulics no longer work. If the soul chooses to sit up the physical body simply is unable to follow. I dont believe that the body can trap the soul but the soul could probably choose to stay with the body in hopes of being revived.
Old 29-12-2011, 06:45 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
I just seen the Glory to God comment and didnt want to go there.
I understand you have your own beliefs on what happens to the dead due to your religion and thats great it still is not proof or something valid and scientific.

my experiences are not based on a religion or document written. and it would be spiritual immaturity on my part to attempt to prove anything.. truth is... without an experience how can you believe thats why the majority of the time i will converse with individuals who have had an experience...

All the Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 29-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare
Is it possible that the soul won't be able to leave the body after death, and will remain in the corpse?

Well, as Neville (I think) said, the body doesn't last forever but decomposes in a relatively short space of time if buried, so the soul won't have a body to remain in. If someone is cremeted their body will be gone even quicker. It makes sense to believe the soul moves on unless you are referring to the soul staying near their grave (assuming there is one)?
Old 30-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Master

I did not read the other posts. Too many to read.
I think it is your choice. When you die you are free to go. You can stay in your body but that would be depressing or you can go sight seeing. It is the same as astral projecting. We can leave our body and explore the universe.
Old 30-12-2011, 01:04 PM
Guide
The soul leaves the body immedialey upon death and will first go to the astral plane.
In pure light and truth.
Krishna.
Old 31-12-2011, 08:15 AM
Occultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolite
my experiences are not based on a religion or document written. and it would be spiritual immaturity on my part to attempt to prove anything.. truth is... without an experience how can you believe thats why the majority of the time i will converse with individuals who have had an experience...

All the Glory Belongs To God Forever!
I completly agree fact is nobody really knows what goes on after death if we still linger or move on or whatever.