Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 25-09-2011, 11:47 PM
MYFIGO

A few weeks ago, my boyfriend bought back a quartz crystal ball for me that is about 4". He found it at a gift shop at a museum in the western US. He said it was there on a shelf with a bunch of rocks. He wouldn't tell me how much he gave for it, only that he got a good deal. I'm afraid to think how much it might have been.

When he first gave it to me, I was momentarily disappointed by the fact that it was not clear, In fact, only about half of it is clear enough to see through. But he was excited about it and showed me that you could see through part of it.... so I graciously agreed that you could and vowed to myself to keep an open mind and see what would happen. I'm so glad I did.

When you turn it a certain way, light from the room fills it until it almost glows. In spite of the fact that it is not perfectly clear, I've had amazing visions with it.

However, even though I had cleared mine and dedicated it to my use, I had some visitors that did not respect my boundaries. I was then very firm in stating that I would be working on something extremely important to me and only those who were vested in my highest good were welcome and I've had no trouble since.

So please don't let a less than perfectly clear ball disappoint you.

I too receive the images in my mind or 3rd eye, not in the ball itself. But I also can feel the energy emitting from the ball. And there are also times when I see a huge ball of brilliant white light seem to fill the room when I meditate with it. I can see and sense this although my eyes are closed.
Old 26-09-2011, 05:00 AM
Likes2Read

I've never been able to see images in the actual crystal ball (or other item) when I scry. I've never even had it cloud over. Everything I see has appeared in my mind's eye. I'm glad I'm not the only one! :)

For the actual process of scrying, I've found that the material itself doesn't make a difference. Neither is there such a thing as a ball that's "too small" to scry in. I learned to scry when I was in high school and didn't have a lot of money to spare, so I used a clear glass marble and it worked. I've also used a standard-sized leaded-crystal glass ball, a clear acrylic sphere, and quartz balls of varying sizes, natural with varying amounts of inclusions, and fused which are optically clear. The scrying process is the same regardless of the substance (or even the shape -- I've also used other things like a thumb-sized quartz point and the gem on a class ring.)

However, if what I want is to connect with the vibrations of the sphere, quartz wins, hands down.

If candles don't float your boat, they need not be part of the scrying process. All I've ever needed were a light level that wasn't distracting to my eyes, some peace and quiet, and a time and place where I was unlikely to be interrupted. If you experiment, you'll determine how to set up the atmosphere that suits you best.