Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 23-03-2019, 11:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer007
i was just wondering is there a genre that gives you that epic feeling with speed and guitar solos and fantasy? it's inspired by what ive heard from game music like star ocean or final fantasy etc, is there a metal genre that can deliver this? to be fair im not really a fan of the growling or screaming or shrieking lyrics. i would prefer cleaner lyrics and an epic sort of heroic battle kind of background music with impressive guitar solo to blow you away. any examples?

I am a bit old school, lol. I see you asked about Metal, but going to throw some on a musicianship scale are excellent.

A few that I like.
Tool is an excellent band. Lyrically and musicianship wise.

You can go for the classics of Judas Priest, Black Sabbath as well.

If guitarmanship your thing check out Joe Bonnamasa. He's a bit of blues and rock. As mentioned Joe Satriani is excellent, atleast what I've heard from him.

An interesting and versatile artist is Ben Harper. He does a variety of genres.

Happy hunting and go with what lifts your spirits and make you go "THAT'S IT"
Old 24-03-2019, 12:02 AM
Knower
ive got a few songs on my playlist from joe satriani, one is the crush of love, i like the guitar work there and songs by steve vai.
it would be very intresting to see what a lightworker's playlist would be like especially where they are trying to ascend and download and channel messages for the people. i can imagine it being very easy listening like acoustic guitar, piano and nature sounds possibly, i think heavy metal would bugger up the connection yeah.
Old 24-03-2019, 12:49 AM
Master
Quote:
ive got a few songs on my playlist from joe satriani, one is the crush of love, i like the guitar work there and songs by steve vai.
it would be very intresting to see what a lightworker's playlist would be like especially where they are trying to ascend and download and channel messages for the people. i can imagine it being very easy listening like acoustic guitar, piano and nature sounds possibly, i think heavy metal would bugger up the connection yeah.

Lol, perhaps, but if God is Creater of all then would imagine Metal was created when it couldn't take any more of the harp music, lol.

Music shows our creative side.

I knew of a guy who liked Metal music being played while getting message work done. It relaxed him, go figure.

Light workers are people too and imagine come in all shapes and tastes. Depends on what one is into and doing, would suppose.

Kind of hard to hear the subtle sounds in a room or nature when playing loud music of any kind, IMO.
Old 24-03-2019, 11:18 AM
Lorelyen

I suppose the interest in heavy metal, given its spiritual provenance, does show a broad range of spirituality on this forum if somewhat confused.
However, it's probably less than a millionth of all music (as in sound organisation) now available on media carriers. Might be worth getting out more.
Old 24-03-2019, 12:01 PM
Suspended
The louder and wilder the music, the quieter my thoughts become.
Old 24-03-2019, 02:40 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Just a few songs from Satriani? Shame on you. And if you don't air guitar to this, double shame - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkYLsCFNmQo

Although I'll admit Crush of Love is one that stands out for me. I'm not a Stevie Vai fan to be honest, he's a little too pretentious for me.

By the way, I can tell you from a mediumship perspective that those in Spirit can be rockers too so forget this 'low vibe' nonsense.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:29 PM
Knower

Certainly, there is music that for some people is bad in the sense that it’s hard on their nerves. This isn’t just limited to those with sensitive nervous systems. Within, for example, some maximum security prisons, the use of prolonged exposure to Heavy Metal has been experimented on hardened inmates, as a torturous tactic or interrogative device, in order to get the prisoners either to plead for mercy or to spill their beans. Some of these incorrigible toughies experience so much mental suffering that they want out.

Music styles have certainly changed over the years. Just two or three generations ago much of the music was upbeat no matter what the genre, be it Swing, Jazz, Doo-Wop, Ragtime, etc. There were uptempo hops, hoedowns and hootenannies.

Many senior citizens that I know remember how it used to be back in the “good ol’ days” surrounded by their golden oldies, and consider much of today’s platters unmelodic if not entirely tuneless. They don’t understand free-form dancing and have a difficult time clapping along to Heavy Metal. To them, they wonder how it all went so wrong, downhill, in just a single lifespan. They might not use the term egregious to describe it; content with the word bad, instead. For these seniors, it’s not how fast or how loud an electric guitar is played that determines quality, but how pleasing music is to listen to that counts the most. For them, there may be very little skill in the act of crooning as compared to the technique of playing like a Hendrix but they consider the crooner to be a better musician on account of his truly melodic soul, his “musical simplicity.” One doesn’t require a symphony in order to tap one’s feet; a simple finger-snappin’ a-capella ditty can do the trick, too.

There was a time, a few centuries ago, when practically the only music around were devotionals. These were undoubtedly uplifting songs, sung in the spirit of a church choir. This thought comes to mind whenever I think of today’s “Christian Rock.” There are those who consider this to be an oxymoron. So much for Sunday Best and hymnody. I’ve met a few Evangelicals who are ashamed that “Christian Rock” exists. They regard it as a watered-down form of the Word, worldly in tone, hypocritical in its aggressive and Rock-mimicking stagecraft. Somehow they can’t picture Christ sporting black eyeshadow, dressed in gothic garb, head-banging in a mosh pit, or being giddily passed around by screaming fans.

Many people wan't to know: Why is so much Hard Rock, Punk, Heavy Metal, so dark, downbeat, and grungy? Why perpetually wallow in misery or release rage into a mic when you could be doing something more positive and constructive with your time? The odd dirge and angry vocal is only understandable. Life has both its ups and downs. Even the Bible speaks of lamentations. But to devote every song and your entire life – as most bandsmen of the above-mentioned genres do – around incessant melancholia and/or angst? I remember one guy saying to me, how these guys aren’t deserving of record contracts but therapy.

In my younger days, back in my late teens and into my early twenties, I preferred a lot of New Wave (I still do, somewhat) and even some Hard Rock. Over the years, however (or perhaps, since I’ve matured) my musical tastes have changed, as if I’ve outgrown the childless frivolity and discord of youth and early manhood. Many “New Age” artists and NDE experiencers speak of this inner transition, too – of their having been at one time into aggressive beats and fast tempos but have, over time, mellowed and now prefer to chill.

If by “bad” what is meant is unwholesome or ungodly, there are those who feel that one only has to look at a lot of the cover art of Heavy Metal music to think that the Bible might be onto something. Consider that a lot of this artwork mocks Christian iconography and is nightmarishly twisted if not demonic in appearance. This, a far cry from the harps and cheery birdcalls of seventh heaven.

There is this thing called “backward masking.” It is this belief that some people have that some Heavy Metal songs contain demonic messages when played in reverse. Maybe this is true and maybe it isn’t.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:30 PM
Master
Very interesting post Found Goat. Can you recall the name of the study?

I think there's a place for every genre of music, though I can certainly understand some genres are more beneficial and peaceful overall, and more likely to be reminiscent of a higher realm than other genres. Mostly classical music, but also soundtracks (often voiceless) I've come across in games, animated series or some movies can reach a very high level. Music usually gets better with less vocals IMO. And a higher level is something that mainstream pop music, but a lot of hard rock just doesn't reach (which isn't to say they are 'bad', just a different level...). But it's like that with a lot of the things we 'make'..
Old 03-04-2019, 10:58 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
i was just wondering is there a genre that gives you that epic feeling with speed and guitar solos and fantasy? it's inspired by what ive heard from game music like star ocean or final fantasy etc, is there a metal genre that can deliver this? to be fair im not really a fan of the growling or screaming or shrieking lyrics. i would prefer cleaner lyrics and an epic sort of heroic battle kind of background music with impressive guitar solo to blow you away. any examples?

I think you may like power metal. Those bands are usually fantasy-themed with clean vocals and epic, speedy, uplifting guitar riffs. If you're interested enough in getting to know some bands that live up to your demands, please feel free to reply back.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:39 AM
Knower
there's one i found 'dragonforce' this is more my style yeah this sort of genre. what i find strange is where many religions will not acept it and instantly condemn it. but from a more open minded point of veiw the level of musicianship and creativity that goes in to the work, you gotta give credit there. it's like where i can play guitar but not as good as the bands do and it's the training and effort that gets you to that level of skill yeah.