Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 01-04-2019, 09:22 PM
Guide
Just because someone chooses the secular/non-religious/agnostic/atheist column has nothing to do with belief. Most people don't consider themselves to fit in the other categories so they choose that one. If you broke it down more categories you have different numbers.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:51 PM
Master
Hello,

What is being tagged as a "non-believer"? Those tha do not follow conventional or mainstream religious practices?

What about those that chose a solitary way of being in touch with nature and/or the divine?

I think some become disillusioned and find the set religion a bit too strict.

I don't attend church. Raised Catholic. Find the politics of the church contradicts in many ways what the faith is suppose to be about.

In some circles comes off to me that the organized Faith's seem more interested in protecting the organization then being open to other ways of viewing life.
Just my opinion and not all fall under this.

Some simply do not know for sure about God and whether there is one or not. So leave it open with no conclusion. May feel there is a presence that gives life, but may not call it God.

Beliefs and teachings seem to get mixed up in this modern age, atleast in the culture I live in. Christianity is still the main game in town, even with this there is division and those that are strict and those that are not. So, to me, this leads to a bit of confusion.

I still believe in the basics of being kind, compassionate, and helping out one another as best one can. The thing is how it gets organized and packaged to feed to the masses, seem a bit of turn off in some ways.

To each there own, but for those that chose the solitary life does not mean they are non-believers. Just may of had it with being told how to be and just find a way or ways to just be.

Just some thoughts on this. If one follows a religious practice no disrespect intended, just my out look on it and how it affects me in some ways.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:52 AM
Administrator
I Never take what Wikipedia says as truth as people put their thought into it.I follow my own path I am a spiritualist that initself is now classed as a religion.be true to yourself go walk out into nature be as one with mother earth you wont go far wrong

Namaste