Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 13-04-2019, 04:19 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
JL . . .

If the true guideposts and directives to the *far* reaches and steps on the path were contained in the “beaten path” . . . and to me . . . that means the widely publicized, organized, accepted positions of Eastern and Western thought and religion . . . then this planet would be substantially less crowded. Such uncoverings within the common beaten path ARE beneficial and necessary. There comes a time to begin to take a risk or two. Without a doubt . . . we have all traveled down a blind alley or a dead end more than once. It is never pleasant. But when you’ve run them all . . . and your still here . . . now what?

One thing about Soul Itself . . . It lives forever. LIFE knows and understands this . . . and to LIFE . . . it makes NO difference how long it takes for Soul to learn this or that.

As long as the individual . . . whomever that may be . . . wants to keep their feet grounded on and within this planet . . . then these considerations of “beyond the beaten path” are moot. NO one is asking any individual to take unnecessary risks and make foolish choices. What makes it all rather adventurous is . . . that what looks risky and foolish in one lifetime often turns out to be one of the few options left maybe five or ten more lifetimes down the road.

Most of it depends on what an individual wants to know . . . and what is that same individual willing to apply in effort and discipline to learn it. As long as the individual wishes to “learn” what the organized religions and philosophies want to teach . . . all is well. With “eternity” in front of Soul . . . it can take a LONG time to even consider questioning the status quo.

The far reaches of the path are NOT for the faint of heart.

Thanks zorkchop.

This post reminds me of the snake tempting Eve with an apple, or one of those nice fairytales where someone is after something, and makes up a story or trap to attract people down a certain way.

The far reaches of the path is still a part of the path - all choices, good or bad, are in effect the part of the life.

You say the soul lives forever - this depends on the soul. For people who are unlearned or lost, it is possible to be lost for a very long time. Some people might say it doesn't matter, but for anyone lost in a cornfield for a day with no water or food, that time mattered. Let's not get lost on eternity.

The "orthodox" religions or spiritual compass points, or even New Age mysticism all have their place and have yielded many great adherents. Some people don't even need guideposts - most people live their lives well just on their own. They don't need the promise of bright lights or fear driven paths to lead them on. As you say, each person lives a long time, and yet we know that peoples' lives do matter. So Light it is, each and every turn.

Namaste,

JL
Old 13-04-2019, 04:20 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
well... the fact that anything should even exist at all makes the rest of this all senseless... why should it be one thing but not another? but games are fun to play anyway...

as far as the truth beyond all truths... it seems you have to be lonely to glimpse it... but what good would it do you to be able to look directly at something that would kill you?

as far as the seven truths... that is all but part of another game that was made in response to an older game which supposedly someone thought should never have been played.

The idea that all those games exist of course just being another game...

but what else is there to do?

People who think life is just a game could probably go volunteer at some charities.

JL
Old 13-04-2019, 03:33 PM
Master

Some very valid points . . . FallingLeaves.

Without a doubt . . . to head more and more deeply into Greater Truth is a VERY lonely Path. No one wants to believe you . . . since the VAST majority continuously and constantly hold to what they are told and what the organized religions and philosophies promote.

IF one believes that there actually IS a “Center” . . . a “Core” . . . out of which radiates all existence that we know of . . . then that Center or Core could most certainly not be viewed by the physical self. The intensity of that Core *would* indeed destroy the physical self. But if and when viewed by Soul Itself . . . you would not perish.

If the word “game” is used to understand all of this . . . and I often use it myself . . . then this eventually turns out to be the only game in town. You either learn the rules or you stay outside the stadium.

Your last statement is wonderfully pertinent. Since Soul Itself is eternal . . . then it doesn’t make much difference to LIFE as to how long it takes for each individual Soul to figure this out. One can take two “forever’s” . . . or three . . . or one.

IS it all a game? Sometimes it’s helpful to look at it that way. Without a doubt . . . there’s always an adventure.
Old 13-04-2019, 03:34 PM
Master

janielee . . .

I don’t need to make up fairytales . . . if that is what you were implying. LIFE will do that for each and every one of us . . . and take eternity to do it.

Of COURSE the “far reaches” is still part of the path. You know that. So do I. That’s like saying . . . the first grade . . . the seventh grade . . . the twelfth grade . . . and on into college . . . is all part of our educational system. How can it not be?

Yes . . . Soul . . . as an “entity” of Itself . . . whether one calls it energy or entity or what-ave-you . . . lives forever. To be “lost for a very long time” . . . if one has eternity to work with . . . that really doesn’t make much difference . . . does it? . . . how long one stays lost?

After all . . . it’s their choice . . . tho those choices may be severely clouded and obscured.

I totally agree . . . ALL features and adventurous scenario’s within the religions and metaphysics and so-called New Age and the philosophies and on and on and on . . . ALL have their place.

But Soul Itself always wishes to unfold . . . to discover . . . even with microscopic baby-steps. After five or six eternities . . . figuratively and poetically speaking . . . Soul will continue to discover greater and greater Truth within LIFE IT-self. Of course people’s lives matter. How else is one to learn?

The hardships of LIFE are provided to develop and teach. The fact that one person or another is caught up in said scenario’s . . . is all part of the discovery of Self.

This might not set well with you . . . but . . . there are no such things as coincidences. Due to karmic implications and reincarnation . . . each individual earns what they find themselves caught up in. NO one said it was easy. NO one said it was pleasant. This does NOT mean . . . that one’s heart cannot go out to these people. Assistance and service is always a prime approach. It’s just that . . . the farther one goes on the Path . . . just “whom” to assist or “serve” . . . or even “what” to assist or “serve” . . . changes.

The tighter we hold onto the old ways / habits / patterns . . . the more obscure these advances are to see.

I don’t know what your implications were in that post . . . so . . . I will leave well enough alone.
Old 13-04-2019, 07:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
Some very valid points . . . FallingLeaves.

Without a doubt . . . to head more and more deeply into Greater Truth is a VERY lonely Path. No one wants to believe you . . . since the VAST majority continuously and constantly hold to what they are told and what the organized religions and philosophies promote.

IF one believes that there actually IS a “Center” . . . a “Core” . . . out of which radiates all existence that we know of . . . then that Center or Core could most certainly not be viewed by the physical self. The intensity of that Core *would* indeed destroy the physical self. But if and when viewed by Soul Itself . . . you would not perish.

If the word “game” is used to understand all of this . . . and I often use it myself . . . then this eventually turns out to be the only game in town. You either learn the rules or you stay outside the stadium.

Your last statement is wonderfully pertinent. Since Soul Itself is eternal . . . then it doesn’t make much difference to LIFE as to how long it takes for each individual Soul to figure this out. One can take two “forever’s” . . . or three . . . or one.

IS it all a game? Sometimes it’s helpful to look at it that way. Without a doubt . . . there’s always an adventure.

hi zorkchop!

I often use the words that are given to me by whoever I'm talking to. Because speaking other people's 'languages' are more pertinent to them then whatever I come up natively would be? You said something about games, so I answered you in terms of games. As a game is as good a way to describe the process of life as any?

the 'noone believes you' thing seems by design. Point of such a strong knowledge that gets spurned being to give one the opportunity to see there can be more to 'life' than garnering the favor of the others? Yeah but we find that so disappointing!

as far as the rules... the current set is very hard to stomach. Again because they are so at odds with groupthink!

yeah when you get beyond all the intellectualizing and start actually doing stuff it is an amazing ride! I guess someone said it on these boards yesterday or the day before though... all the intellectualizing helps you choose a direction