Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 04-12-2012, 05:04 AM
travelgirlfl

1st PLR this Fri 12/7 - suggestions/tips?

Hi all --

I'm having my first past life regression session this Friday. For those of you who have had sessions with a regressionist facilitating & guiding the hypnosis (btw, she studied with Brian Weiss and Michael Newton), do you have anything you can recommend or share that helped you get the most out of your experience, or that you wish you'd known or done ahead of time? During the session?

Any tips/insights appreciated!

I have been hypnotized once & am aware you are always the one in control, can get out of it any time you want, etc.

I am, though, a bit nervous about possibly reexperiencing some sort of past trauma & getting super super emotional and/or scared...I have reasons to believe this may happen... I have had 2 phone mediumship readings with this practitioner & she has thus far been very kind, gentle and caring, but I've not met her in person.. I'm afraid of my conscious part of my mind that I know is still present during hypnosis holding back out of shame, wanting to hide my reactions, being too uncomfortable, or whatever...

Thank you! I plan to share my experience (assuming there is stuff that seems would be useful to others!) after the fact :)
Old 04-12-2012, 03:56 PM
Master

hi - how exciting and good for you.

I've had two direct PLR (and others where someone else has seen my past life). But, all I would say is keep your mind wide open to what will come through and ask your higher, ask the angels and guides to deliver to you what truths that have gone on before you need to hear most of all right now for your own personal development and journey.

Don't be afraid of your reactions and your emotions - allow them to come forth.

One of the things I wish I had done was to switch off my mobile during my first - or at least have it on silent!

Also, ensure you have a quiet evening afterwards and the following day if possible and make notes of what you experienced and how you feel, and take the time to meditate on it all.

I would suggest that you need feel no shame. This was your past life, not your present life and so doesn't reflect on the you of now - you are not responsible. IF it helps, I once killed my baby and once killed another person in another life - and yes that is upsetting but it wasn't me.

But, you need to be in control and if it is small steps to confronting the past then so be it.

I wish you all the best.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Raineco

ya, definitely shut off the phone! : )
Power off is better bc of the electromagnetic energies, we are surrounded/polluted by them, but that's another issue.

As for trust and faith, my suggestion would be to affirm that before, ask for it AND feel it, know that you have trust and ARE in a safe place.

And one thing I've heard that I'll pass on is we might be surprised - like at how long it's been since we were on Earth, that PL may have been on another planet, a different kind of being, or just being wide open to what that PL was, maybe you were the King of Spain or a circus clown. Try not to bring in preconceptions about how that PL looked. I've heard many times of people who were just totally surprised by it- and not shocked in a bad way- so remember that it can be really fun and interesting to find out who that "last person" was!
Old 04-12-2012, 08:05 PM
Master

Another thing I was surprised about - was how recognisable the energies were - for example I recalled being raped, then realised that the energy of the rapist was my sister. So male and female are very interchangeable.

Also, look out for familiar energies, the people you know in this lifetime are people you will have known many times before so don't be surprised who rocks up.

If the session can be recorded - or notes taken - that might be helpful but I found I remembered EVERYTHING.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:55 PM
travelgirlfl

Thank you Belle and Raineco! Can I ask if what you learned about your past lives 'felt' real, or familiar or somehow you knew it was true? Did some part of what you learned resonate? Or do you just take it on faith?

In a short workshop on PLs once the facilitator told me I was a "loose woman", partier, in the 30's...it made me laugh (and none of that, if it's true, was retained in this life, lol!), but didn't feel familiar or 'oh, yes, that seems right or makes sense' in any way...My guess/assumption is it will be a whole different experience when it's me myself in hypnosis reporting whatever I experience... (?)

I do look forward to recognizing the energies of who is central in my life now as different relationships then, like Belle mentions; I suppose I sorta answer my own question above in a way; as I do think that will happen, that may be an 'indicator' I need to believe, even if the details of my personality/career/behaviors etc. don't?

I've long felt like I don't belong here, I dont' 'get this place', how things work here, that I just want to go home...I read these ideas that this may mean we are star people (?), haven't incarnated for so long on Earth & so many things have changed here, or, had most or all other lives elsewhere where the energy isn't so harsh as on Earth, etc....I guess I'm open to those ideas, I dunno...we shall see what turns up!

Thanks again!
Old 04-12-2012, 08:55 PM
travelgirlfl

And yes, it's being recorded!
Old 04-12-2012, 09:29 PM
Master

For me, the most powerful regression moment was about this life - it was in my first regression and I went back as far as I could remember - and I found myself just having been born and my parents overwhelming and devastation that I was a girl. It was extraordinary. For me that has been life changing and really helped me understand why my mother is so endlessly disappointed and frustrated with me - and also that it is not my fault. And whilst I have major anger with my mother right here, right now, it explains absolutely everything about why - and I can regard her with a huge amount of compassion as she has never got over that disappointment and also I can regard myself as being blameless as I didn't do anything wrong by being a girl.

But - other stuff - for example - my sister raping me, it's a pattern of abuse. This life, she bullies me. And so with that knowledge, I can engage with the pattern and break it once and for all - by bringing in love, compassion and the light. It's not easy. Other stuff - well I misused my power by killing someone - and I'm told I have a very strong power - and hence other people try to manage me by keeping my power down. I've sought forgivneses and forgiven myself for that.

There was a lifetime that I was so horrifically abused that I set a mantra that I wanted to die - the regression associated with that occurred when every day I really wanted to die - but was turned around into something more positive. It's still taking a lot of work, things for me don't turn round overnight.

What I am finding is happening is that it is such a journey, the layers of the onion, you release one layer and that reveals the next layer and then the next. I now work with a healer in this regard as to me a regression as it stands is marginally academic but for someone to take the knowledge to the next level and transform it - well that is revolutionary and exciting.

This is a very healing time in the universe and what you need to be shown you will be shown, but that is only part of the story, it does take effort and will to change very very deep seated patterns which might have been in your cells for many many lifetimes.

Take the past lifetime and see how you / your medium / your fellow travellers can find the meaning for you for the now so you can transform your life.

(Sorry if I've waffled too much)

NB: I mentioned my sister and her pattern of abuse. I've yet to be shown me abusing her, but that's not to say I haven't at various points been atrocious to her. Until very recently, I was very much the victim (a status I'm ashamed to say I found comfortable) and it was only a couple of months ago that I realised I was capable of immense darkness. But, to know the light it is sometimes necessary to have been in the darkness wholly.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:59 PM
Raineco

I haven't had a real PLR session, I hope to when I feel very ready for it. I've only had readers comment, offer up some little things they 'knew' from a session. Ya they resonated a lot.

Belle your story is inspiring, you have so much courage. Forgiveness can be so hard, even when I know it's right and will be rewarding. As I've studied and meditated and 'sort of' channeled, I cam to understand that forgiveness is where transmutation happens, where matter ascends into spirit; it is the life and breath of the universe. Often even when I can forgive I can't stand to be around the person, who's still in their old ways. I applaud your integrity and strength with your sister.

and Travelgirl you will love your PLR session and what you learn. It all adds up, what you learn about the past I mean, we learn many possible perspectives thru various lives, and when we accrue karma from destructive ways that energy has to balance out- it's a law just like laws of physics in 3D, the enrergy must transform in an intelligent orderly way, there is some room for where Grace can release it, but only so much. That's just a vague understanding I know, but it helps me to have faith that it all adds up and God's will for me is the best.

And I'll share what tidbits of PL I got from psychics:
A psychic once told me I was in some important position in relation to the Christian church in Europe, like Knights Templar or something (she didnt say that name) centuries ago, and I was betrayed, big time, by a coup by insurgents of some kind. Ya that resonated, I knew she was on to something! And another reader said that I felt ashamed at how I treated a soul mate in a past life- that I have a "deep cellular memory" of this shame, and that really fit.

So those things kinda give me confidence for when I'm ready for the real thing. But you will be just fine, you're ready! and you'll get everything you need. Wish you the best with it!
Old 05-12-2012, 08:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raineco
Belle your story is inspiring, you have so much courage. Forgiveness can be so hard, even when I know it's right and will be rewarding. As I've studied and meditated and 'sort of' channeled, I cam to understand that forgiveness is where transmutation happens, where matter ascends into spirit; it is the life and breath of the universe. Often even when I can forgive I can't stand to be around the person, who's still in their old ways. I applaud your integrity and strength with your sister.

Thank you but don't credit me with too much courage or integrity - I can see it objectively but living out kindly and lovingly towards her - no. I tell myself that is because I need to protect myself and that may well be true - but I'm still on a journey of love towards her, understanding that she is a hurt and damaged soul and that I am one of her greatest teachers (as she is to me) and therefore I need to seek the lessons and absorb them rather than resist. The wide berth I give her couldn't be much wider :-/
Old 05-12-2012, 08:12 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raineco
And another reader said that I felt ashamed at how I treated a soul mate in a past life- that I have a "deep cellular memory" of this shame, and that really fit.

Now that's a really helpful learning as you can forgive yourself and seek forgiveness from the soul mate. And heal the issue. You may need a hand with that - but it is truly possible.

My healer said that when we do something really really wrong, we lose a part of ourselves, part of our soul flees. When she did my regression where I killed someone, she explained this and it was part of my soul located in my sacral which she was able to return to me.

So, it's not a straightforwards understanding of what has gone on before but an opening for energies to heal, be reunited or released.

All very exciting.

If I said I'm more keen on this life stuff at the moment, that is only really for the moment. Some people are disparaging over past lives and I think they can be really helpful, I do think that perhaps I got slightly obsessional at one stage itching to know every lifetime but it's trends that are being sought, incidences that relate to the now - the relevant details will emerge but they do need to be applied (in my view) to be of use)