Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 27-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suikagirl
Well, I don’t want to die from cancer…
I guess like CSEe said sometimes we awake by the consequences of our bad habits and then decide about doing something to change, I am seeing it right now with my father and my cousin. I love smoking, but then I guess there’s where intelligence has to appear to help make the needed change before we are dealing with the repercussions of our bad choices. I have been smoking for eleven years, which seems too long and it’s a “miracle” that I don’t have any evident consequences yet, which of course doesn’t mean I am free of having them in the future.

Cancer isn't the only way to die when it comes to smoking. My mother died from complications from smoking - it caused lung scarring and fibrosis, meaning her lungs crystallized and oxygen ceased to move between her lungs and blood. If you think quitting this addiction would be hell and too hard... dying too young in such a horrible way is also pretty awful and painful.

Old 27-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Knower
I have tried quitting smoking a couple times myself, sometimes more successful than others. I've wondered if it effects me spiritually as well. There should be a quitting smoking thread support group on here. Just sayin' lol
Old 27-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Shabby

If I didn't smoke...I'd be perfect ; )
Old 27-02-2012, 10:18 PM
dyanaprajna2011

My main issue is that it's a psychological addiction, and the mind plays a big role in spirituality. If your mind is not clear, how can you communicate with the spiritual? If your mind is taken over by the addiction, this dampens your ability to achieve greater levels of enlightenment.
Old 27-02-2012, 10:51 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyanaprajna2011
My main issue is that it's a psychological addiction, and the mind plays a big role in spirituality. If your mind is not clear, how can you communicate with the spiritual? If your mind is taken over by the addiction, this dampens your ability to achieve greater levels of enlightenment.

Yeah...I can't communicate....totally blocked LOL

I have 4 kids and I breast feed all of them for about 8 months.....from the time I found out that I was pregnant until I finished breast feeding them...I did not smoke. I do not smoke in the house nor in the car to keep my kids free of second hand smoking.

The way I see it....yes it's a habit that I enjoy : )
Old 27-02-2012, 11:11 PM
Occultist

I do not believe it harms spiritual development at all but can actually help in meditation and spell weaving. Native Americans use tobacco in many of there rituals and meditation they also use as an offering to the spirits of past and dietys. I see it as a Offering and power tool. Not as bad thing.
Old 27-02-2012, 11:40 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
Cancer isn't the only way to die when it comes to smoking. My mother died from complications from smoking - it caused lung scarring and fibrosis, meaning her lungs crystallized and oxygen ceased to move between her lungs and blood. If you think quitting this addiction would be hell and too hard... dying too young in such a horrible way is also pretty awful and painful.

You are right, it isn't the only way, I was aware, I guess I missed adding that. I guess the "best" way cigarettes could kill you is with a heart attack.

I am so sorry to hear about your mom, it really is a painful way to go, and like I said previously unfortunately sometimes we fail to realize the mistakes of our bad habits until we are suffering from the real consequences.
Old 27-02-2012, 11:47 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suikagirl
You are right, it isn't the only way, I was aware, I guess I missed adding that. I guess the "best" way cigarettes could kill you is with a heart attack.

I am so sorry to hear about your mom, it really is a painful way to go, and like I said previously unfortunately sometimes we fail to realize the mistakes of our bad habits until we are suffering from the real consequences.

Yes, and let's not forget those eating themselves to death. We should start a thread on people that over eat or eat sweets or fattening foods even though they are already overweight.
Old 27-02-2012, 11:48 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailspiritseeker
I have tried quitting smoking a couple times myself, sometimes more successful than others. I've wondered if it effects me spiritually as well. There should be a quitting smoking thread support group on here. Just sayin' lol

I guess there should be, in the Healing section perhaps? I have never tried stopping, a few months ago when I was close to it, it just happened, I was into a few weeks of almost not smoking when I realized I was doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
If I didn't smoke...I'd be perfect ; )
You are lucky! In my case there's also a Red Bull (or any energy drink that crosses my path) addiction I am having...but I am going to be quitting psych meds soon which I believe will help me get rid of the need of drinking energy drinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyanaprajna2011

You are 100% right! This agrees with what I have read so far (I'm only on the first pages of the first chapter) in Tolle's "The Power of Now" book. The mind is very intelligent, in my case at least, to put blocks in the path of enlightenment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
I do not believe it harms spiritual development at all but can actually help in meditation and spell weaving. Native Americans use tobacco in many of there rituals and meditation they also use as an offering to the spirits of past and dietys. I see it as a Offering and power tool. Not as bad thing.

But the tobacco used by Native American isn't filled with the most harmful things contained in cigarettes, like Tar for example. Well so I learned from a book I read recently that talks about the use of plants in the Native American community.
Old 29-02-2012, 12:28 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
Yes, and let's not forget those eating themselves to death. We should start a thread on people that over eat or eat sweets or fattening foods even though they are already overweight.

Oh my gosh! I am guilty of the "eat sweets" part, including waking up at 2am to eat anything from cookies, brownies to cakes! After dieting last year I was able to go back to my skinny self...I guess I can relate to these people when it comes to "eating your feelings" which most of the time is the cause to over-eating.