Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation > Walk-Ins/Soul Exchanges

Old 21-10-2017, 11:00 PM
Master
theory on what it means to be a walk-in

What happens when a person loses their will to live, but is not strong enough to overcome the survival instinct?

They feel no urge to live yet are unable to die. What can we expect from a person like that...?

well firstly we can expect something like a zombie, a person who is doing the bare minimum of everything. Just barely dragging their self through life, often quite clumsily and to the hazard of people around them.

Another possibility, I think, is a "walk-in".

If a person is the zombie type, they will often be totally aware of how they have given up. If a person is the walk-in type they will often still feel a very strong desire to continue on, as if it's another person. They will be unaware that it was them who gave up. It's like they are saying, "look, I can continue on, but only if I don't know it was me who gave up".

I think a walk-in is someone who has wanted death but been unable to do it, and has created a self-defense mechanism for their self-worth as well about the experience as a whole. "well it's not me who couldn't live, it was someone else, someone who is gone now, so I better just learn to get on with life".

I think trauma and the way consciousness naturally works gives the illusion of walk-ins and spiritual exchanges.

If we were aware enough, we would find that every second of every minute our consciousness is doing a "walk-in/soul exchange" kinda thing. It's only with the huge traumas or healing of traumas that we are finally able to notice this phenomenon.

I think many people experience the trauma, or healing of trauma, identification and they become convinced they are not doing it every second of every day because the time with the trauma/healing of trauma it was much more noticeable. They begin to draw lines, intellectualize, and do this and that kinda thing with their minds rather than just experience it.

It takes a special kind of experience, usually done though drugs or psychosis, before a person can see that there is no real singular self or "soul" as so many people call it. There is no single and unchanging identity, we have infinite and unlimited identities. The illusion of a singular self is only an illusion created to help us survive, but lucky for us (people alive right now) we are in a nice and wealthy civilization. We don't need to survive anymore, not like we used to. When we are ready we can stop clinging to the identity and experience the mysterious thing that has no identity.

Why does this matter at all?

Integration.

if a person believes their past to be another person... are they really going to try and integrate? will they fully integrate their self? Is the higher self possible without complete integration? etc etc.

This is all just theory and open to discussion. I'm actually very new to the subject, this is like the 2nd time I've heard about it before. I'm open to being proven wrong.
Old 28-10-2017, 10:38 PM
Pathfinder
Hi. There's the type who replace the original occupant, and there's the type (such as myself) who show up from somewhere else and move in to co-exist just fine with the original occupant.

You're basically describing trauma-based DID, not an actual walk-in.

Many people are aware of things like parallel universes and a collective consciousness without the use of drugs or psychosis.

Since you're very new to the subject, maybe talk to some of us before trying to analyze something you don't have much knowledge of.
Old 31-10-2017, 06:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamEffort
Hi. There's the type who replace the original occupant, and there's the type (such as myself) who show up from somewhere else and move in to co-exist just fine with the original occupant.

You're basically describing trauma-based DID, not an actual walk-in.

Many people are aware of things like parallel universes and a collective consciousness without the use of drugs or psychosis.

Since you're very new to the subject, maybe talk to some of us before trying to analyze something you don't have much knowledge of.

I think what I described is more complex than DID because DID is temporary and can get better with treatment. Also I would prefer to not put a name on it because the nature of identity is beyond complex. It's just a theory, no need to get a Ph. D in the subject before having some creative thoughts on a subject.

How can we be aware of parallel universes except in theory and in thought?

I don't mean to be overly skeptical but you did invite me to ask some questions so where is the proof of what you claim.

What evidence is there that you showed up from somewhere else?
Old 03-12-2018, 10:51 PM
Seeker

My question is is this relevant to Multiple Personality Disorder?
Old 04-12-2018, 10:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBird23
My question is is this relevant to Multiple Personality Disorder?

I think it is of the utmost relevance. In fact it might be the exact reason for multiple personality disorder.

ive dealt with dissociation and depersonalization for years, maybe even decades. but never multiple personality disorder, so this is just theory and speculation.

btw. what can be done about it? mindfulness is the key to overcoming all forms of dissociation.