Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 27-05-2017, 01:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected
why would the Universe speak to us? hasn't it got better things to do?
This just reminded me of a good old chin-wag I had with God a while ago.

Yeah so I asked Him the same question; "Wouldn't an Almighty Being have something much better to do than to sit here and entertain me?"

To which He replied; "Who said I can't do everything at the same time? - I am a simultaneous multi-tasker".

The Universe goes far beyond our mere, limited conceptions of it and what it should/shouldn't be doing.

I have also been reading Baile's posts in this and other threads - he doesn't believe the universe communicates with anyone, it's just our awareness that communicates itself to us, while I believe the universe does communicate with me because I have experienced it umpteen times and nothing can/will ever change my mind about that.

Both Baile and myself are correct though and there's no disparity whatsoever - it's just the way individual people experience that which is beyond perception according to individual paradigm.
Old 27-05-2017, 02:16 AM
Master
So this is what it is like between us.

It was my 50th birthday and I had just been kicked out of my brother's house after 6 months staying there due to a lack of space and privacy issues.

I found myself homeless...nowhere to go...no roof over my head and so I headed due east, finding my way to the nearest beach to sleep there.

Yeah, I was homeless on my 50th birthday...no party...no presents...nobody to care for me, talk to me...I was totally alone and I started crying...tears falling into the sand.

Suddenly, I was aware of a presence around me and it said 'get up' and I was led towards the dunes behind the beach and a grassy knoll...I looked down at my feet...and there, I found a lump of shiny, fossilised coal with a beautiful fossil fern inlaid in it. It looked spectacular.

With that, I heard "Happy birthday my heart, I love you".

So yeah...yeah!
Old 27-05-2017, 08:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
I have also been reading Baile's posts in this and other threads - he doesn't believe the universe communicates with anyone, it's just our awareness that communicates itself to us, while I believe the universe does communicate with me because I have experienced it umpteen times and nothing can/will ever change my mind about that.
That's an accurate assessment. Here's the thing though: I understand the concept of guides, maybe even angels. I have never met a guide or angel, so I don't "believe" in them. Or disbelieve them. But I have had direct contact with what I understand to be my higher soul self. A conversation, as clear as speaking with a human being standing beside me. So I do believe we can be in contact with Spirit, with the spirit self. But with God, or what people generally understand as God? No, I don't believe that's possible. Esoteric philosophy backs this up as well, says God is unknowable, completely beyond the scope of human comprehension.
Old 27-05-2017, 08:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
That's an accurate assessment. Here's the thing though: I understand the concept of guides, maybe even angels. I have never met a guide or angel, so believe I don't "believe" in them. Or disbelieve them. But I have had direct contact with what I understand to be my higher soul self. A conversation, as clear as speaking with a human being standing beside me. So I do believe we can be in contact with Spirit, with the spirit self. But with God, or what people generally understand as God? No, I don't believe that's possible. Esoteric philosophy backs this up as well, says God is unknowable, completely beyond the scope of human comprehension.
Well, if you equate the Self with God, then what of the Higher Self?

Of course God is unknowable and I have made many posts attesting to it (mostly in the Christian forum) but that doesn't mean communication is impossible - you don't have to know somebody to communicate with them, right? I mean, I hardly know you and here we are...on this thing called the Internet...

You may say that one human is within the comprehension of another but God is not within comprehension - however, I don't know what is going on inside another human unless they tell me so and I don't know if they are 'enlightened' or 'self-realised' or whatever.

However, you are right, unless it happens to you - you cannot even conceive of it happening.
Old 27-05-2017, 09:07 AM
Master
Quote:
However, you are right, unless it happens to you - you cannot even conceive of it happening.
That's the bottom-line. I don't believe "the universe" contacts me. I don't believe God contacts me. I believe my higher self contacts me because that's been my experience.

And as for God: I don't see my higher self as God because I don't imagine a "creator source." I imagine all this is, was and always will be. Nothing created it and nothing can end it. My take is the limited human mind has come up with the concept of a creator God because it can't fathom the idea of creation just existing, in and of itself.

Everything is part of this infinite, eternal creation, yes, including my higher self. I have called it the IS. But I don't call it God.
Old 27-05-2017, 09:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
That's the bottom-line. I don't believe "the universe" contacts me. I don't believe God contacts me. I believe my higher self contacts me because that's been my experience.

And as for God: I don't see my higher self as God because I don't imagine a "creator source." I imagine all this is, was and always will be. Nothing created it and nothing can end it. My take is the limited human mind has come up with the concept of a creator God because it can't fathom the idea of creation just existing, in and of itself.
See, I once thought it was my 'Higher Self' and thus a 'higher aspect of myself', yet these communications emanate from beyond my ego and beyond my 'self' or any conception of who I equate with being 'me' or 'my mind'.

Maybe you could say that I am in direct communication with an 'Angel' then, but this also doesn't explain it really because of the experiences I receive which accompanies these communications.

Another thing...according to what I have learned since, we call Angels, Devas. You may have heard of the term 'Deva'. It means 'shining one' and is a race of beings which have helped and inspired mankind for centuries. Yes, I knew that I was speaking/communicating with a 'Deva' but the sheer presence of it...the energy of this particular Deva that has been with me all my life was totally incredible...amazing...I felt so much peace...so much love when I felt it near me and when it spoke to me...I knew, in my heart of hearts that this was no ordinary Deva...this was a 'big-daddy angel' or the Great Deva. In Hinduism, the term for 'Great Deva' is Mahadeva and Mahadeva is a synonymous name for Lord Shiva.

To me, Lord Shiva = God and to me, that's what speaks to me because of what it tells me and how it communicates with me.

There are those who won't believe that Shiva is God and that's okay too. I believe...or more than believe, I know it in my heart...deep down.

So to others, they may say "yeah, I believe you can speak to Shiva, just like I can speak to my Higher Self" but for me, who believes that Shiva is God, it becomes God who I am speaking to.

If this all makes sense somehow. It's a difficult concept to grasp here.
Old 27-05-2017, 09:29 AM
Master
Quote:
See, I once thought it was my 'Higher Self' and thus a 'higher aspect of myself', yet these communications emanate from beyond my ego and beyond my 'self' or any conception of who I equate with being 'me' or 'my mind'.
This is where I'm at right now. Is it higher self or the collective IS? But I don't theorize, I just live life and if the answers come, so be it. Until then, I think of it as my higher self.
Old 27-05-2017, 09:32 AM
Master
I don't theorize either. I don't need to because I am fully aware of the difference between believing one is in divine communion and knowing one is. I'm just trying to explain it to foster some kind of reciprocity but I am also aware that is futile - call it a 'bad habit'.
Old 27-05-2017, 09:35 AM
Master
Baile..remember Donovan's Mountain Song? "first there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is?" we spoke of this before.

We agreed that we are God, not God and God again...so for those times we are 'not God' whom do we speak to if not ourselves?
Old 27-05-2017, 09:40 AM
Master
Quote:
I don't theorize either. I don't need to because I am fully aware of the difference between believing one is in divine communion and knowing one is. I'm just trying to explain it to foster some kind of reciprocity but I am also aware that is futile - call it a 'bad habit'.
I didn't take it any way other than two people discussing things.