Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-11-2016, 12:05 PM
Newbie ;)

What is Enlightenment?

I just want to see your definitions of it.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:36 PM
Lorelyen

Hello, Krosser, and welcome.

To me, it's what it says, casting light on some aspect of our lives.
In the spiritual context, insights that impart knowledge / understanding about our Selves
and / or our relations with the cosmos. There are technical definitions pertinent
to various religions but I believe we're enlightened many times by, for example,
evaluating our experiences or receiving insights.

If I have a problem and there comes a sudden insight into how it can be solved
I've been enlightened.

Now...what about your definition?

Old 12-11-2016, 01:40 PM
Master
What Lorelyen said above.
Old 12-11-2016, 01:41 PM
Ascender

Enlightenment is a mythological conception, it only exists in the mind; that is if you believe in such a thing, in order to obtain it you must realize what else can exist born of the mind, and face all those things you ignored, that you created and left behind! AND DEAL WITH THEM THIS TIME!

And this is just a metaphor, for living in the myth of our life; so that life appears to us as a myth, and we live in the mythology that tells us our life is not real, unless we believe in the myth for a myth that can't feel, oh but a little bit of the awe that they could find with the tongue of the one thing that is true-- and that is enlightenment is the myth of life, but when life begins; the true myth will be life--

So enlightenment does and does not exist; because it lives but could, does not, will not, ever be the light you think it is; cuz the true light is what the view of light hides from you face when you think you removed ignorance, but you only deepened the kiss--

It's just all about how your relating to the people who honor you, which gives you great power and that is something that our species as an existence hasn't experienced yet as the non-linear system is interesting but would be too much for our minds, when we are just children and children of the light before it truly shines-- So that we think the light is not dark, and so we don't know the true infinite ways, so that even the saints are allusions to the way, so that we would know as well as I do know, that I am just word within the truth, and that word could be enlightened, but I promise you; I was the way of the fool, and to foolish to avoid it! So that my myth was aligned with it so that I could see my own lineage and passage in greater personality through out time-- And many others as well all of varying types, and all of them will be struck and striked when they see all whom really is on their side, cuz the division of who is enlightened and who isn't is a totally different story in creation if there is no difference between what you see now and what you will recognize in front of you, so to accept it as different means to not have gone all the way--

And I imagine that is a tease to someone who wants to be understood but cannot speak to anyone except in the way of the language that it could best be understood by the language of approach-- Cuz how could enlightenment be any different if it reaches the one thing that claims it can't be!? the logic they have is actually kind of frighting, but only after a little tour by the right part of yourself-- Oh well, its hard to convince others that have winced so many times at others who have made so many seeming illusive claims, so that when they come upon someone different, who is made of the same common name, that they don't have patience to listen when someone doth not speak the same game.. not even the same language, but the same language we all speak in name-- love, and we have to learn it, but someone has to show it, to see it, and to understand how the self is not a thing conceited, but we were concieted when we concieved of the notion that we could only speak for one person but that person should not speak to much different about itself without respecting others; when others are actively telling them not to even be themselves to respect someone--

I do truly get disgusted at the use of honor, which by weight of virtue governs you way; so that when you do not know that your lover is in control, or when it is and when it isn't such to say that way, but sometimes they honor you enough to influence which is governing by weighing of value upon the scales of justice the true winds of the sea that truly part everything-- And I am just beginning to understand this concept of wrath! anger anger anger, what do we do with that! hmm hmm march on will I.. only quietly in the middle of the night; that is when and where I do occur and work.. just the nature of the other, and the lovers to be dealt with, but most of here still need to learn how to deal with each others lives, before they even need to be dealing so directly with the other side, but the other side would help clarify ourselves to relate and be known--

But I am disgusted by all thats busted here, not I hate it; not anything in specific, but the whole outcome of the arrangement; makes a violent kid who wiped his hands when he realized his, and than his hands would be red from holding back from the angst that he hid (cuz he know what they did, but could not see them doing it; just like he can talk to people straight to the head, and if he do it do directly, people forget me or get all flustered and frustrated), cuz love is the reason we need time--

But love is pain, pain is a part of love; but pain is there for us, but we treat it like its the thing we disgust; and so we murder the killer and kill all the people who would commit murder if we considered what they did to be as bad as death), and we get rid of the symptom; and even if we rehabilitated them, we still don't heal and mistake temporal bliss and nice; as a concept of healing-- But healing is painful, and painfully wielded, upon the true naked self which is at its most vulnerable, can you surrender yourself to fear!? and I mean that so that such you doth accept the fear and don't make it go away! how do you dance with the things you blame!? and so how can have enlightened if they can think they need to do something that is mythic in their loving, cuz they don't yet love what they made, but I do; I do.. And I know you do too, thats why its hard. I see it-- Its just hard to love, when are choices are incoherent and skewed by the context thats based on the forms and not the living relationships that the forms in truth would shine with meaning-- Everything, I mean I SEE IT-- EVERYTHING GLITTERS LIKE GOLD AND THIS GOLD IS FOOLS GOLD IF YOU THINK ITS IT; THE MEANING IS LIVING, WE LIVE IN MEANING, AND WE MEAN LIFE! so what can life mean if life doesn't mean you? where have you been? the underworlds been the path of all of us too, and we mistake the light for the light and not the shadow in its grave that gave the light its color and colorless ways-- Beyond male and feminine, when they have already been reconciled in fact they were always together, that not the issue that misleads us from the tree trunks of our roots--
Old 12-11-2016, 03:53 PM
Lorelyen

Phew. Well, that's some definition of enlightenment. Not sure I can agree with it all - the idea you espouse that love is pain as if love has to be painful for instance. What of those who can love while being at peace in themselves and with the object of their love?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstandlast
Enlightenment is a mythological conception, it only exists in the mind; that is if you believe in such a thing, in order to obtain it you must realize what else can exist born of the mind, and face all those things you ignored, that you created and left behind! AND DEAL WITH THEM THIS TIME!

Well, much of the terminology and discussion appearing on this site concerns constructs that only exist in the mind. But we get by through talking about them, attempting to express ourselves and finding common ground, being apprised of differing viewpoints and perhaps expanding our understanding. (Is that not enlightenment, if it throws new light on our interpretations?) It relies on us having some knowledge of the signs in common so we can interpret them at all. Our understanding though is always unique to us individually.

The close of your comment (as quoted) is interesting to me in that it hints at something I often peddle here: that until you explore the shadows (of your being) you can't bring what's there into the light.

Regardless of how mythical and illusory you regard life, we have to live it....or take the appropriate action.

Old 12-11-2016, 03:59 PM
Angel1

I never use that term...but off the top...when you/I can feel
the Divine Presence in a wall...touch it and go into an ecstatic state
sensing this Being
that is all around and in a state of perpetual Love.
Door latches, the air you breathe...take your pick.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-11-2016, 04:49 PM
Deactivated Account

Realising what we already are. Looking into the mirror for the first time.

And then sustaining that awareness.
Old 12-11-2016, 07:11 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
If I have a problem and there comes a sudden insight into how it can be solved
I've been enlightened.

That would be my definition of it aswell.
firstandlast you could write a book about it
Old 12-11-2016, 08:42 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krosser
I just want to see your definitions of it.

I express enlightenment as.........

one step at a time.....

Each step is a leap of faith into the unknown, yet knowing each step will take you to a whole new world of expression. The path is endless so each step has no particular ending or purpose other than to express itself.... infinitely

focusing so much on each step the world just passes you by
Old 12-11-2016, 09:17 PM
Guide

Its the heart energy transitioning to at least the whole body. As the young kid transitioning with the adult. As children are enlightened by nature. To achieve this as an adult, letting go of all attachments thus the adult itself, webbed within the structure of the world, allows room to return to the child. This goes paired with utter lonelyness. Therefore its needed to turn to God and talk to God and embrace as guide and comfort. The giving up of the adult has to become a second nature at some point. This is the time where true enlightenment can be achieved. But only with severe pushing. Since a diamond only develops under extreme pressure.
All the reading about spirituality, all the knowledge that is gained doesnt change or achieve anything. Other then entertainment mayb. Its the fear of lonelyness that prevents getting truly deep, but that is the step that has to be taken if u want to go that path. U will find many and much resistance including ur own, but thats exactly the test u need to pass every time. Every failed test will get u ten steps back. But every test passed will give developmenst. However to succeed in becoming enlightened u must pass every test that is given to u. Since the universe decided u are ready for it. Its the hardest path. Its like a pow escapes but has to travel a long distance trough the desert, then has to chose the hardest path trough that desert in order to deceive his chasers. Every day. Untill one is free.