Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Tai Chi & Chi Gong

Old 05-12-2018, 04:48 PM
Knower
Closing movment - bringing chi into the lower dantian

What is the point of bringing the chi into the lower dantian ? how often should i do that - if i do qigong for one hour or two hours do i need to do this gathering movment a few times or just at the end of the two hours ?

what happens if i dont do that ?

if i do 5 minute qigong should i do a movment that gathers the chi to the lower dantian ?

This are guiding questions would appreciate partial answers as well and anything anyone wants to add on this subject - the more info on this issue the better
Old 05-12-2018, 09:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by water drop
What is the point of bringing the chi into the lower dantian ? how often should i do that - if i do qigong for one hour or two hours do i need to do this gathering movment a few times or just at the end of the two hours ?

what happens if i dont do that ?

if i do 5 minute qigong should i do a movment that gathers the chi to the lower dantian ?

This are guiding questions would appreciate partial answers as well and anything anyone wants to add on this subject - the more info on this issue the better

I have tried to explain this to you before WD.

Everything has a beginning and an end, you close up your Form by directing your Chi back into your Dantien. You do it at the end of each Form.

Nothing will happen if you don't close your Form except you are wasting your time doing some movements which are not Qigong. Opening and closing are very important, they should be done properly if you want to get the benefits.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:28 AM
Knower
Opening i understand is needed ... but what will happen if i dont do the closing form : does the chi i gather escape ?

especially since i hear and read we dont gather chi but just exchange it with the environment - make it flow - so if that is the case why do we need to gather it inside the dantian at the end of the exercise ?
Old 06-12-2018, 03:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Opening i understand is needed ... but what will happen if i dont do the closing form : does the chi i gather escape ?

especially since i hear and read we dont gather chi but just exchange it with the environment - make it flow - so if that is the case why do we need to gather it inside the dantian at the end of the exercise ?

You are born with Chi, you gather more from what you eat and also from the environment, you let it flow inside and store it in your Dantians. At the end of your Qigong Form you close up by putting the Chi back into the Dantians which are your Energy Centres. Use it, restore it, make it flow and put it back
Old 08-12-2018, 10:22 PM
ImthatIm

If you think of using a flashlight.
Turn switch on
use it
Turn switch off.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
If you think of using a flashlight.
Turn switch on
use it
Turn switch off.

Love it....
Old 09-12-2018, 11:17 PM
ImthatIm

To more define the flashlight.
It is the rechargeable crank type.(If your not familiar with this type, never mind.)

Crank flashlight (build energy)
turn switch on
use energy
turn switch off
crank flashlight (Which replenishes energy used and is more ready for feature use .)
Old 15-12-2018, 12:03 PM
Knower
if i do qigong for one hour or two hours do i need to do this gathering movment a few times during the practice or just at the end of the two hours ?

(Cause it seems in long sessions some do it a few times)
Old 16-12-2018, 06:33 AM
Master
Quote:
if i do qigong for one hour or two hours do i need to do this gathering movment a few times during the practice or just at the end of the two hours ?

(Cause it seems in long sessions some do it a few times)

You have asked this question previously WD.

Qigong has Forms/Sets. It doesn't go on and on for hours. You do a Form/Set and when you have finished you close up. If you start another Form/Set you close up at the end. Every Form/Set has a beginning and an end, one doesn't merge into another.
Old 17-12-2018, 03:41 AM
Knower
IK but i didnt get a reply to it ... but now i got an answer ,so thanks for the answer