Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-09-2014, 11:37 AM
Unknown11

I got a flu out of nowhere and I crave sugar

Hi. So I have had many physical symptoms lately, mostly chakra related. My guides tell me I'm adjusting to new energy level / new vibration, and there is nothing to worry about.

I just got a flu out of nowhere. I have not been in contact with anyone sick and I'm very rarely sick myself. Also usually if I do have a flu, it starts with sore throat. But now i just simply woke up with a flu. My guides say my body is getting rid of toxins. Anybody else who has sudden flus like this?

And even weirder this gets: for couple of weeks I have been craving sugar! isn't sugar supposed to be low vibrational? I have never been a sugar mouse. But now... especially chocolate. What that could be about? Any ideas? My guides say to me to listen to my body and do as it asks but they don't explain the reason for the sugar. Thanks.
Old 25-09-2014, 11:44 AM
Master
Maybe it's just you that wants sugar and not your guides, that could well be what's going on.
Old 25-09-2014, 12:00 PM
Unknown11

yes it is my body that wants the sugar, not my guides, but it is so weird as if I have cravings they usually are salty not sugary. I just hope my body knows what it's doing
Old 25-09-2014, 12:00 PM
TaoSandwich

Unknown11,

Although it may not happen all the time, when one gets sick, craving sugar is the most natural thing in the world. The reason is simple and physical, really. Whether your physical changes are due to the spiritual or the physical, they require energy for the body to fight off disease. Sugar is one of the most efficient forms of energy, so your body wants and needs it!

In my experience (the above is fact, but this bit is personal experience/speculation), this can also happen when there is neurological change as well. When I reached a certain point in my meditative practice, I would crave a couple of cubes of pure sugar right after meditation.

The bottom line is that everything in the body depends on energy and if you want your processes (whether neurological or immunological) to work well, sometimes you need a little boost! Don't make a habit of it, though.

Best Wishes,
-TaoSandwich
Old 25-09-2014, 12:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown11
I just hope my body knows what it's doing
The key to life is trusting you know what's best for you, always. Even when things can't be explained and/or don't go according to plan!
Old 25-09-2014, 12:08 PM
David K

Sugar and the brain

Sugar causes an increase in the release of serotonin in the brain, the chemical that makes you feel happy. Sugar is not addictive as such, but it will change your mood so you will want more of it. If you stop taking sugar you may feel down for a few days but it will pass and then you will feel fine and the craving will stop.
Old 25-09-2014, 12:13 PM
Unknown11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoSandwich
Unknown11,

Although it may not happen all the time, when one gets sick, craving sugar is the most natural thing in the world. The reason is simple and physical, really. Whether your physical changes are due to the spiritual or the physical, they require energy for the body to fight off disease. Sugar is one of the most efficient forms of energy, so your body wants and needs it!

In my experience (the above is fact, but this bit is personal experience/speculation), this can also happen when there is neurological change as well. When I reached a certain point in my meditative practice, I would crave a couple of cubes of pure sugar right after meditation.

The bottom line is that everything in the body depends on energy and if you want your processes (whether neurological or immunological) to work well, sometimes you need a little boost! Don't make a habit of it, though.

Best Wishes,
-TaoSandwich

Oh thank you!! I just realized that sugar cube thing did happen to me too some time ago but only for couple of days. Interesting... Now it's chocolate. High quality darker side chocolate. Or really thick hot chocolate, either way.