Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 10-02-2012, 11:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Then, what is that ''thing'' that a friend mocks me for when I say,
"I Don't want to go, I look terrible,"

"God, you have such a big ego."

Maybe you could say to your friend .... 'Well, thats between you and God ok'

Last edited by sound : 10-02-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
Ok directions please..

I don't know but I think we could ask the people whose faces don't move ;
they may have a clue . Joan Rivers , Cher
Old 10-02-2012, 01:02 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar
I don't know but I think we could ask the people whose faces don't move ;
they may have a clue . Joan Rivers , Cher

Ok so I move to Rodeo drive...sounds neat....for a visit at least..lol!!
Old 10-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Winepenny

Flowers, forests, fairies and even people spring from dark places. Yet, the light that nourishes can be equally blinding, especially when it comes to understanding. The point is that notions of what is good and bad have become corrupted through generalization. Skinny is good. Bald is bad. Evil is black. Good guys wear white hats. Nuts. Skinny people could be bulimic. Some of the sexiest, smartest, strongest men in the world are bald. Evil has no color and the really good guys know it. All that aside, you can believe anything you want.
Do you chose to believe that evil is black and white is good? If so, how far do you take it? Do you really believe that you were born in sin? Do you believe that the supreme creation of God is an act of evil? Please understand, I’ll defend your right to believe anything you choose, but doesn’t it make sense to base your value system on the things you hold to be true, rather than accept unquestioningly what others have repeatedly told you? Surely, your world isn’t still flat? The reason for harping on this is because what you believe becomes your reality. If you are a victim, guess who put you there? If you’ve got a phobia, guess who created it? If you’re unhappy, whose unhappiness is it? Other people don’t make you unhappy, they merely set the stage for you to become as unhappy as you imagine yourself to be. Now I’m not suggesting that you should be overjoyed at getting beat-up, but it is nevertheless true that you wouldn’t have been in that situation unless you put yourself there.
The way you perceive things effects the way you create your reality. Your thoughts are magnetic, attracting to you whatever it is you assume. You are what you think, and so is your world. What you think effects what you do: what you do similarly effects the way you think. This is the law of psychosomatic response. If you make a fist, it won’t be long until you’re thinking about how to use it. On the other hand, smile and the world smiles with you. Either way, you’re the same person, but look how your reality has changed.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suikagirl
I am speaking from personal experiences here...

I am not still able to decide if to believe in the Devil, or believe in less evolved beings who preffer evil ways...I'm on the fence. But either way I believe that there must be some kind of darkness that puts blocks into the path of someone who might accomplish great things with their lives or is on the road of having a spiritual awakening.

Is there something that tries to prevents this from happening?

In my case sometimes it feels like when I am starting going towards the path of enlightenment something comes and puts a stop to it, even bringing the worst of me out. It could be the Ego, but at times it feels like something greater.

Could there be some force that want to prevent people's advancement into the Light?

May I ask a question. If there is a negative force but in reality is neither good/bad but merely a potential that in a way is already defined, why would you not go to the source versus outside it. Is it impossible to see force does not care if you advance or do not. This is more like the original concept of test and sin. You're choosing and you will always have the freedom. I guess I'm saying, the devil is not the source. Why would you go there?
Old 10-02-2012, 07:35 PM
Master

double post
Old 10-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winepenny
Flowers, forests, fairies and even people spring from dark places. Yet, the light that nourishes can be equally blinding, especially when it comes to understanding. The point is that notions of what is good and bad have become corrupted through generalization. Skinny is good. Bald is bad. Evil is black. Good guys wear white hats. Nuts. Skinny people could be bulimic. Some of the sexiest, smartest, strongest men in the world are bald. Evil has no color and the really good guys know it. All that aside, you can believe anything you want.
Do you chose to believe that evil is black and white is good? If so, how far do you take it? Do you really believe that you were born in sin? Do you believe that the supreme creation of God is an act of evil? Please understand, I’ll defend your right to believe anything you choose, but doesn’t it make sense to base your value system on the things you hold to be true, rather than accept unquestioningly what others have repeatedly told you? Surely, your world isn’t still flat? The reason for harping on this is because what you believe becomes your reality. If you are a victim, guess who put you there? If you’ve got a phobia, guess who created it? If you’re unhappy, whose unhappiness is it? Other people don’t make you unhappy, they merely set the stage for you to become as unhappy as you imagine yourself to be. Now I’m not suggesting that you should be overjoyed at getting beat-up, but it is nevertheless true that you wouldn’t have been in that situation unless you put yourself there.
The way you perceive things effects the way you create your reality. Your thoughts are magnetic, attracting to you whatever it is you assume. You are what you think, and so is your world. What you think effects what you do: what you do similarly effects the way you think. This is the law of psychosomatic response. If you make a fist, it won’t be long until you’re thinking about how to use it. On the other hand, smile and the world smiles with you. Either way, you’re the same person, but look how your reality has changed.

yes, I say that like this :
the universe loves you so much that it rearranges itself to accomodate your pictures of reality . part of it's nature is to respond to whatever we send out to it ; it reciprocates in like fashion . our pictures are strong and the universe is very responsive .
Old 10-02-2012, 10:28 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunMist
Suikagirl, first good on you for writing all those replies! Sometimes I am overwhelmed (though grateful) when I get many replies and have a hard time replying to them all. I have a few thoughts and impressions reading your replies...maybe some will be useful. I think Job One for you must be in developing compassion for yourself - I feel that you have rejected yourself as you are now in a very fundamental way. But to heal and transform you have to start where you are and the "you" that you are now will not cooperate with you if you start from a place of self-rejection. Buddhist teachings on compassion can be very helpful with this - you might find Pema Chodron's books valuable for this.

Still I get it that you are actually getting outer negative responses occurring when you do make progress like I do. I'm still in the thick of my battle, so I don't pretend to offer any absolute answers. Still what I have noticed is that incremental daily positive efforts can build up a momentum. Dramatic positive movements often seem to invoke dramatic negative movements to counter. But if you are sneaky and do a little good each day you gain more solid progress...like it goes under the radar of the negative or the response back is manageable. As to how "not to drown" you must develop at least one connection with the divine that is rock solid that you would turn to in the face of all else falling apart. Real faith. What and who would be the object of your faith only you can find out, but it is important to have that - something above and beyond yourself and this mortal world. Best of luck to you

Thank you, it did take me a long time, I also made a Word file to answer better, so it makes me happy that I could reply as much as I did! I guess I feel like I owe to say something to whoever goes through the trouble of giving out their points of view.

You are right, there is and has been a lot of self-rejecting in my case, rooted at the bullying I endured as a child and teenager, by now I should be over it but is not as easy, especially when you got to believe all that those people said and told you, but I am working on it.

That was really good advice, to get to the "enemy" in a sneaky way, from their back rather than confronting it upfront seems to be a very helpful and probably more succesful way of confronting and dealing with things. Baby steps, sometimes we can only gives baby steps as long as they help us move towards.

Faith...I have to learn to have faith.

Thanks Bluegreen for that quote on Ego.

I gave my Ego a female personality and the name of Faith, she has been sort of an Evil Twin personality in my life, but I learned to understand and live with her, now I see that she is not an enemy but trying to love and protect me in her own way. The problem is that she sometimes can be a b**ch to others, trying to protect me but not in very nice ways though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiant Soul
Thank you so much for posting this! I am going through the same thing so this thread is very helpful to me as well
Thank you. I am glad it was of use for you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
May I ask a question. If there is a negative force but in reality is neither good/bad but merely a potential that in a way is already defined, why would you not go to the source versus outside it. Is it impossible to see force does not care if you advance or do not. This is more like the original concept of test and sin. You're choosing and you will always have the freedom. I guess I'm saying, the devil is not the source. Why would you go there?

Well I guess in my case I have been trying, am trying presently to choose and work towards all that is good, but sometimes the blocks found in my way are so hard to avoid and present such a strong opposition to what I am trying to achieve that it made me wonder if they could come not only from inside but the outside as well. We can find the Good vs. Evil war in almost every religion and culture, and of course it could have been just a way to comprehend some of humanity’s ways or merely a way to scare and promote us towards being good or following a certain religion. But also you can find this in the ET visitors theory, and how some work to destroy us and some to save us. So it made me wonder if maybe there is some truth behind all of this.

Oh, and next time ask all the questions you want!