Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 29-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Neville

Quote:
Why feel sad over a death

Perhaps your personal experience in this regard renders you the the best suited to answer this question.

Bereavement is something we all experience and each of us are individuals and respond according to our closeness with the crossed over. My guess is.. Lose some really close and important to you...and then tell me ..oh well they are dead now..... Then perhaps we may decide...Why feel sad over a death.
Old 30-12-2012, 02:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
I have lost my brother, my mother and my dad, friends too, one of which poured petrol and set light to herself outside of the local shops - people all around. The lot, all gone. yes I know, I truly know how sadness feels.
Each time the grief swallowed me up, though each time it became less because I searched for them, in every alley way, in every thought, in every dream, in every breath. I searched for the evidence that I was told was there, and I found them. I have lost many animal companions too ( I collect the sick the abused and the unloved) I found them also. Not in belief but in in your face irrefuteable evidence but it will never take away the sense of loss that I felt seeing as I am having a human experience. I am still but a child in the presence of the Great White Spirit but slowly I am understanding that love cannot part, cannot separate or ever be lost. This is the greatest legacy that those who have gone before have left us. Try as hard as you can to see with your spirit eyes. You know it makes sense ;0)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=gZiRKN9vBXE

G

You have a beautiful soul....

"you know that you have found your passion when your love for it overrides any fear to attain it..."-Solace
Old 30-12-2012, 02:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
A close friend died 11 weeks ago today. Unexpectedly with no previous illness.

I mainly feel sad that he won't get to live out his dreams, he can no longer bask in a beautiful sunset, stand in an empty field and fill his lungs with fresh air. Those things that he loved doing have all gone. I feel so sad that all his worrying and whittling was unnecessary. I feel sad that he died so young (46) and was in the process of chasing his dream life. I feel sad that all that energy/enthusiasm/essence of who he was is gone.

And as Belle said, I often catch myself thinking, "Oh, I must tell him that, he'll find it interesting/amusing" only to remember that he's no longer here. That makes me sad too.

for your loss....

"you know that you have found your passion when your love for it overrides any fear to attain it..."-Solace
Old 30-12-2012, 04:00 AM
new_earth

I usually cry when people I know and love die, except I never cried when my grandpop died, which I always found odd because we were so close. I have realized now that the reason I never cried is because he has always been with me. I was with ghost research investigators one night at a public ghost hunt and he was talking to me on a ghost box, for everyone to hear. Verrry interesting. But I see now why I never cried. I also used to have dreams that I could bring him back to life and I was the only one who could. I understand that now too :)
Old 30-12-2012, 07:28 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLightB4U
Why is it that you may or may not feel sadness over someones death?

I feel that i never get sad or upset when someone dies, i feel that i may come into contact with them another time. when i was younger, i never understood death, I feared it but never really understood why it was so. someone dying to me is like leaving on a vacation for awhile until i meet them again.

share your thoughts with me! : D

Love, light and laughter!
B4U <3

I know if I lost my parents I wouldn't be able to handle it. Rarely have I felt sadness over death, when I do it is not because I miss them, it is because I miss the memories I had with them. They are with me still, and they are doing amazing! It's actually the nostalgic memories that used to be that make me feel sad because the past is no longer.
There is just something sad about no longer having the past anymore. But I still believe I wouldn't be able to get through that easily if I lost my parents.

But to tell you the truth, I've cried more over losing my family home than I ever have over losing loved ones. I grew up on a farm in the wilderness, and I loved it so much. When we had to move away that farm stayed in my heart forever, every night I still dream of it. Every night! I guess I know that my loved ones are okay and I still see them whenever I want in spirit, but the farm is still there, and I don't know if its going to be okay, and its so close yet so out of reach. Although every night I dream of it and its like I still remember every inch of how it used to be, it feels like part of my soul is still there. It was the greatest times of my childhood on that farm,
really amazing memories, the best memories even. It will always be my home.
Yet I am still hurting because I miss it so much. My trees and my woods that i spent so much time in still call to me, I used to spend hours singing to them and talking to them. No other forests can be the same, they were my friends, no- they were my family, they raised me and i loved them and I miss them a lot. I wish I could go back there just to visit them.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala

But to tell you the truth, I've cried more over losing my family home than I ever have over losing loved ones. I grew up on a farm in the wilderness, and I loved it so much. When we had to move away that farm stayed in my heart forever, every night I still dream of it. Every night! I guess I know that my loved ones are okay and I still see them whenever I want in spirit, but the farm is still there, and I don't know if its going to be okay, and its so close yet so out of reach. Although every night I dream of it and its like I still remember every inch of how it used to be, it feels like part of my soul is still there. It was the greatest times of my childhood on that farm,
really amazing memories, the best memories even. It will always be my home.
Yet I am still hurting because I miss it so much. My trees and my woods that i spent so much time in still call to me, I used to spend hours singing to them and talking to them. No other forests can be the same, they were my friends, no- they were my family, they raised me and i loved them and I miss them a lot. I wish I could go back there just to visit them.
Oh, Ciqala, your longing tugs at my heart! I LOVE that you used to sing to your forest family! I sing to my forest family too! I think they really like it!

What did you sing? If you're okay with sharing this info, I'd really like to hear about what/how you sang to them. Your ability to go back in Spirit if not in body delights me ... I wonder if each time we visit with a loved one/space, do we build a stronger bridge to "go" to them? And I bet your beloved farm misses you too! My wish for you would be that a reunion can take place for you and your childhood home, somehow!
May your memories serve as a powerful bridge!
Old 01-01-2013, 09:18 PM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrandedSnowMonkey
Now that I've started reading about soul groups, it perhaps makes a little more sense... reading about the emotions of those who feel for the ones left behind.

One of my Grandads had alzheimers. It really upset me when we visited him on the ward, as my parents said that he wasn't really there ~ whilst I could understand what they meant by that, it hurt when they said it in front of him. At the time I was just happy to smile and be there. He may not have been able to respond, but I still felt that he could hear me.

StrandedSnowMonkey, I totally relate. My Dad, who crossed over on October 31st (I find this date of his transition so intriguing!!!) was weakened by dementia the last 5 months of his physical life. I felt so powerless and angry at the Canadian medical system for chemically imprisoning my Dad - they drugged the daylights out of him so he wouldn't be so aggressive. I know it was for his own "safety" and that of the nurses - but I so wish our society could create a chemical-free and safe healthcare agency that did not rob even more of a person's mind ... Dad's mind was diminished by his disease and the drugs took away even more.

But! I ALWAYS KNEW my Dad's soul was "there" even if his physical mind was incapacitated. And yes, I believe that he could still hear us when we visited. In fact, the day before he transitioned, and he was pretty out of it, I told him it was okay for him to go ... we'd take care of Mom ... we wanted him to escape his misery and "go home" ... and the next day he did, peacefully and quietly (according to the nurse, who was really close to my Dad, and who was there with him during his final breath.)

And I also KNOW that my Dad and I still have a relationship, a connection. Only now it is on a different level, with him being in Spirit form and me still in human form.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:00 AM
Master
Hi Raven Poet

October 31st ~ Samhain, Halloween, All Hallows Eve or Reformation Day. I understand how you feel. Now when someone tells me that they know best, I think... oh really!

I'm glad to hear that someone who cared was with him, when he went home

There was a split in the family on that side, when some decided to emigrate. My father has no interest in lost connections ~ it doesn't stop me from thinking about them. When I was younger I'd often dream of waking up with no-one else about... the start of an adventure to find others. Although they were alarming when they first started.

Many blessings to you!