Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 26-11-2018, 10:34 PM
Deactivated Account
everthing. or nothing. that is the first question.

if it exists and for no reason. then is it because of nothing?

if it exists and its in everything. then is it because of everything

if its because of nothing. yet in everything. then what is spiritual? another thing to ponder.

if its beyond peace. if its beyond action. and one or the other may bring one to it. then where might the preference then be? is it peace? is it action?

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 27-11-2018, 01:31 AM
ImthatIm

I say the preference is peace. And it does exist.
Old 27-11-2018, 02:17 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I say the preference is peace. And it does exist.

ok. thanks for your thought.

was listening to a guru that told a story about a vegetable seller in india. the man had found the thing beyond peace and action. he asked the man, "why vegetables." the man said, "i have always been a vegetable dealer. years ago i came into a great illness. for months i was in the hospital. every day i thought i would die. during that something came over me. became in the space of endless bliss. i healed and went back to my vegetables. everybody whom comes to me i bless them with a terrible illness like i had." lol

Wherever I May Roam
Old 27-11-2018, 11:56 AM
ImthatIm

My experience is peace is part of bliss and action not necessarily.
I also assume the it you are referring to is the source of all including the nothingness.
I would gladly give this illness to all if all attained bliss.
Of course I know nothing.
Old 27-11-2018, 02:13 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
My experience is peace is part of bliss and action not necessarily.
I also assume the it you are referring to is the source of all including the nothingness.
I would gladly give this illness to all if all attained bliss.
Of course I know nothing.

bliss that im speaking about is continious and completely independent of what is. meaning. reguardless of what may be it is there. as described in the first two questions.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 27-11-2018, 03:57 PM
Master
You will find whatever your looking for, but the journey there might be a hard one. Maybe it's jorney it self is what you really want.
Old 27-11-2018, 06:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by running

if its because of nothing. yet in everything. then what is spiritual? another thing to ponder.

if its beyond peace. if its beyond action. and one or the other may bring one to it. then where might the preference then be? is it peace? is it action?

What "it" is being described. Everything? Bits of information. The universe was put on auto. The universe is based on information and everything replicated no creation is necessary. Something (specific) from something. Thinking that's the reason it remains (existent) present now. Existence now is from existence. Does anyone else see this?
Old 27-11-2018, 08:20 PM
Deactivated Account
ok folks. for those that may not know the topic at hand here is a definition. hope that helps. furthermore the purpose in my mind for starting the thread is a thought experiment of how perhaps there are endless ways from point a to point b. with that said please feel free to take it where ever you wish.

Satchitananda (IAST: Satcitānanda) or Sacchidānanda representing "existence, consciousness, and bliss" or "truth, consciousness, bliss", is an epithet and description for the subjective experience of the ultimate, unchanging reality in Hinduism called Brahman.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 28-11-2018, 02:09 PM
Greenslade

Quote:

It's our capacity to make so much out of so little, or something out of nothing.

Quote:
It is neti-neti. It's beyond action, beyond the mind's construct of this versus that, existence versus non-existence, reason versus no reason. Beyond Spiritual versus non-Spiritual - this is where peace rests.

"Not this, not this."

Quote:
was listening to a guru that told a story about a vegetable seller in india. the man had found the thing beyond peace and action. he asked the man, "why vegetables." the man said, "i have always been a vegetable dealer. years ago i came into a great illness. for months i was in the hospital. every day i thought i would die. during that something came over me. became in the space of endless bliss. i healed and went back to my vegetables. everybody whom comes to me i bless them with a terrible illness like i had." lol
I've had a similar experience recently so this I can very much relate to - except the guru part anyway. I'd prefer to call it 'peace' rather than 'bliss' but then often it simply comes down to personal interpretations.

From a psychological perspective, in situations where we're faced with a threat to our own mortality or extreme pain that's too much to cope with, the mind can create safety mechanisms as a survival technique. That happened to me as a child and I'm still dealing with the consequences. Flooding the brain with the happy hormone is also a survival mechanism. So whether we attribute the experience to Spirituality or science is a question not of fact nor belief, but of agenda.

Quote:
Satchitananda (IAST: Satcitānanda) or Sacchidānanda representing "existence, consciousness, and bliss" or "truth, consciousness, bliss", is an epithet and description for the subjective experience of the ultimate, unchanging reality in Hinduism called Brahman..
Aren't all of those things not beyond thought? Just a thought.
Old 29-11-2018, 04:52 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
It's our capacity to make so much out of so little, or something out of nothing.

It is neti-neti. It's beyond action, beyond the mind's construct of this versus that, existence versus non-existence, reason versus no reason. Beyond Spiritual versus non-Spiritual - this is where peace rests.

"Not this, not this."

I've had a similar experience recently so this I can very much relate to - except the guru part anyway. I'd prefer to call it 'peace' rather than 'bliss' but then often it simply comes down to personal interpretations.

From a psychological perspective, in situations where we're faced with a threat to our own mortality or extreme pain that's too much to cope with, the mind can create safety mechanisms as a survival technique. That happened to me as a child and I'm still dealing with the consequences. Flooding the brain with the happy hormone is also a survival mechanism. So whether we attribute the experience to Spirituality or science is a question not of fact nor belief, but of agenda.

Aren't all of those things not beyond thought? Just a thought.

thanks for your thughts! think i would like to share my experince with going into survival mode. as that was a big part of my journey. but im out of time and got to sleep. so will do so later.

Wherever I May Roam