Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 14-07-2018, 04:45 AM
Knower
Going straight to heaven vs. 40 days

Recently my dad passed and I thought I would feel his presence but I haven’t. My mother said my father saw his father a few days before his passing. My mother thinks my grandfather took my dad. I’m confused. I thought there was 40 days the spirit remains on the earth before they ascend. The Bible says Jesus was in the world for 40 days after his crucifixion. Clarity needed
Old 14-07-2018, 09:48 AM
Master
I can share what I've learned. There are no hard and fast rules. The departed soul's presence and state of consciousness after death is dependent on the soul's degree of awareness (enlightenment). Jesus could remain and KNOW and BE AWARE and even INTERACT because he was an evolved soul of the highest order.

Whereas the average person upon death is throw into a place of confusion, and even great fear if they haven't been working on their spiritual-self in their lifetime. My understanding is such souls depart this world quickly, kind of like: "Back to spirit you go, you've got some things you need to think about and work on!"
Old 14-07-2018, 09:55 AM
Master
In the Bardo Thodol (Tibetan Book of the Dead) it states that a person's spirit hangs around Earth for 49 days after death before moving on.

Not really "Christian" but it's another take on this.

Loving your John Lennon avvy by the way.
Old 14-07-2018, 01:15 PM
Master
Peeps that passover can go to heaven / the spirit world immediately .

It depends on the circumstance .

I have had a chap from spirit before that was murdered with a knife to the neck think that he was still alive so to speak .

It was months before he went into the light .

So many things depend on what happens .

The state of one's mind plays it's part .

x daz x
Old 15-07-2018, 03:19 AM
Knower
Thank you all! Thank you shevani Devi. I admire John Lennon. He is my true inspiration��❤️ The degree to which someone sticks around and vs those who ascend has always intrigued me. I guess with my father I’m thinking he really didn’t want to live out the rest of his life because he was so miserable between his family and his health. I was under the impression that ascension was a process and since my father did not live his life fully, I didn’t think he would have that kind of way out. I really need to read up on this. Thanks everyone for your take on this.♥️
Old 15-07-2018, 09:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightingalesFlame
I was under the impression that ascension was a process and since my father did not live his life fully, I didn’t think he would have that kind of way out.
The "answer" depends entirely on the philosophy you're choosing to follow. This being a Christian forum, I tried shaping my answer to suit Christian sensibilities. But from other philosophical perspectives, there isn't anything in death that can be called a 'way out.' Death is merely a transition back to Spirit. One reviews their previous life and actions, and then returns and does it all over again. The more spiritually evolved the soul is, the more conscious it is of these transitions. And the easier these transitions become for the soul.
Old 15-07-2018, 10:49 AM
Yup, I thought the same thing about how nice to have John Lennon remembered.

I agree with what Baile said...no hard or fast rules.
Sometimes I think I have read everything and anything on the Afterlife, NDEs, the actual passing, the in-between
places we hang out before coming back here, stories from the Other Side for us transmitted from there to a medium/channel here...
(Ruth Montgomery, Chico Xavier, Anthony Borgia, Gary Renard, etc..)

One anecdote I like is when Sylvia Browne's dad passed and she was waiting for him to show up...
it took 3 weeks and he appeared around 3am, as I recall, at the foot of her bed.
She said, "What took you so long?"
He was surprised , Whatdya talkin' about I just got here.
Showing us how time just doesn't mean much 'over there'.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-07-2018, 12:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Recently my dad passed and I thought I would feel his presence but I haven’t. My mother said my father saw his father a few days before his passing. My mother thinks my grandfather took my dad. I’m confused. I thought there was 40 days the spirit remains on the earth before they ascend. The Bible says Jesus was in the world for 40 days after his crucifixion. Clarity needed

When my brother died he appeared instantly to his friend. His presence was around in this realm for a very long time, through the awareness of many in the many forms that we can perceive them. When my father passed some had a sense of him for a period of time but not to the extent of my brother. Although, again our perception or ability to connect is dependent upon our openness and awareness to do so. When my mother passed she wasn't felt or sensed at all. Someone made a comment that it was like she was "gone" and her presence not felt. I agreed with them. So looking at all three passing's, I see a point where two of my family had unfinished business almost, because both seemed to be moving through a space where they were still interacting with the earth realm. As for my mother, my sense at the time was that she had completed something in this life and where she went too, we can only base that on what we believe.
Old 15-07-2018, 04:36 PM
Master
Sometimes it takes a while for some Souls to pass on. And some CHOOSE to stick around. The whole idea of spirits being "stuck" isn't really true. Its a choice. Earthbound spirits who cause harm or illness usually do so because they have chosen not to move on based on the fear of judgment. Once you have a life review or some sort of hearing from the High Council your Higher Self knows what is best for you even if it is having to experience a Lower realm or what some call Hell

Jesus stuck around for 40 days because he wanted to be with his Friends and disciples. He wanted to complete his ministry since it had been interrupted by his arrest and charged with sedition. Jesus didn't allow that ordeal to bring down his spirit nor define him. Centuries later Christianity used the Cross as his emblem, but originally it was the Two Fishes for the first few centuries. Jesus bore his Cross with the right attitude, forgave those who would be his enemies, and his love conquered any kind of hate, resentment, self-defeat, vengeance, self-pity, anger, etc towards anyone. His first words to his Apostles were, "Shalom!" when he came back.

It was if the whole thing didn't happen. It was a passing event, one that allowed him to become the Christ by taking on the world's most horrific violence towards a person, turning victimhood into a victor with love. He proved love was the most powerful Force in the universe, one that all life is made of if you just allowed it to flow to everyone. And love even conquers death.

Jesus was also a spiritual master who could physically interact with his followers after death. He learned how to do all these things in his youth from other great masters who taught him how to ascend. He could appear and disappear at will. That's a whole other story.

But yeah it depends, Spirits can also visit us after crossing over or ascending to a higher plane. Just not the way Christ has done since he was a unique case and was a very powerful being. Usually you know they crossed to heaven if your finding dimes, feathers, or they play with certain music in your car that reminds you of them or in a store, etc. Little signs from Heaven. They don't necessarily come down to sit next to you all the time because it probably takes a lot of energy and effort for them to lower their frequency, and not every environment we are in on Earth is suitable for their consciousness since theyre coming from a place that is so emphatic and interconnected they feel Sorrow and negative emotions ten times stronger than we do.
Why do you think very few higher Beings have descended into hell? It would take a lot out of you, unless your someone as pure and powerful as the Virgin Mary.
Old 16-07-2018, 01:59 PM
Ascender
Quote:

sorry but sometimes what we believe doesn't mean it is actually that way. ONLY Jehovah Goes ,(Exo. 6:3), and Jesus can bring those into Heaven. NOT all good will go to Heaven, many will live on a renewed Earth ,(Matt. 5:5). once those who have a Heavenly calling die, they go straight to Heaven. because they died after Jesus did. those who died before Jesus could NOT enter before Jesus, so that had to wait in their graves.

Jesus was on Earth 40 days to show his Apostles and disciples, (over 500), that what he had taught them concerning a resurrection, was true. also in a since tying up lose ends, and giving commands ,(Matt.28:16-20 , Lu 24:13-32). there's NO reason for those who have that Heavenly calling to remain on Earth as Jesus did. again they went straight to Heaven. peace