Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 03-02-2018, 11:40 AM
Knower
Voidanta

Here I propose a few sentences. The sentences sum up Vedanta in a particular way, to guide a person through their Vedanta journey. "The Void" is used here as a means of grasping the ungraspable.

The following sentences being held as either laws or guidelines (it's pretty flexible), seems to me like a genuine path of liberation.

Voidanta Rules
Quote:
There is a witness to all appearances/things.

All appearances/things are part of the witness, but not affecting the witness

There is a void surrounding and pervading everything

The Void is the witness

The witness is you

Assisting Meditation: (This is here to help you get a feel of the nothingness side of existence)

1) Find "The Void". Confirm that there is indeed a void behind and around your field of perception.

2) Imagine The Void expanding to cover (surround and pervade) your entire body.

3) Imagine The Void expanding to cover (surround and pervade) the entire universe.

4) Put your sense of self in The Void [EDIT: OR bring The Void into your sense of self. OR merge with The Void]

It won't be for everyone. But I have a feeling this could help some people and maybe one day I could grow it into something bigger. I'd love to hear some feedback on this.

I might even need to grow the thing in complexity, but I'm starting off as simple as possible.

Last edited by slash112 : 03-02-2018 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-02-2018, 11:45 AM
Knower
Note:

This thing is flexible enough to encompass dualistic and nondualistic practice.

It's really up to the user how they use the laws/guidelines.
Old 03-02-2018, 11:59 AM
Eelco

I'll play with them sometime.
At first glance though I would have changed guideline 4 around.
Put the sense of void into the self.

If I would put my sense of self into the void. It would corrupt and foul up that place.

With Love
Eelco
Old 03-02-2018, 12:09 PM
Knower
Oh now that is what you call a good feedback.

Wow I actually never thought about that. I mean, I know it's true. You take your ego wherever your "sense of self" goes... Then you've got a newly created ego to tame and you're just over-complicating the witness/void/true self.

Bring the witness/void into the sense of self. That's interesting. I mean, the truth is, the witness is always there with the sense of self, even when not realizing it. The reason I say move the sense of self, is because the sense of self is the thing you can move. The witness/void is immovable.

However the meditation up there is partly imagination based, so this could still be a really good thing for Voidanta.

Thank you! I'm gunna meditate on this before I update anything.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:52 PM
Knower
Updated OP:

Quote:
4) Put your sense of self in The Void [EDIT: OR bring The Void into your sense of self. OR merge with The Void]

I remembered that the meditation is purely to help you get the feel of nothingness, it's not one of the rules. So actually, it doesn't matter which way round you do it. What matters is you get a better feel of nothingness/somethingness over time (and even better, getting a feel of BEING nothing). Either way, in the end liberation will occur.
Old 03-02-2018, 05:14 PM
Knower
Another important note about that (Took me long enough to remember this :P):

A big part of my reason for saying to pull the sense of self into the void, is because when you do that, you are purifying your sense of self. Purifying into truth. "Sense of self" then becomes "true self".

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl
If I would put my sense of self into the void. It would corrupt and foul up that place.
While I still see the truth in that statement, I also see the truth that you can never actually corrupt and foul up such a pure, untouchable place.

So, by bringing your sense of self (and therefore your ego) into the space of the void, you are basically throwing your "mess" into a woodchipper to leave only purity behind. Or, as I've heard before, it's like you are "throwing it into the fire".

Throw "yourself" into the fire pit of the void/self, throw everything into the fire... After it all burns up, what will remain?
Old 05-02-2018, 09:03 AM
Eelco

Ashes, which become nutrient's for the new.

With Love
Eelco
Old 05-02-2018, 01:30 PM
Knower
Hahaha. xD
Burn up the whole universe and what's left is your pure awareness. What's left is YOU.

Sure you could imagine ashes bla bla bla. But I say burn them up too. Burn everything. This fire is the hottest, most destructive fire in existence. Nothing comes out.

To start, imagine the void is that special fire.

Throw your idea of who you are into the fire.
Throw your expectations, needs, desires into the fire.
Throw the past and the future into the fire.
Throw your physical body into the fire.

I don't normally use "the fire" as a method. But it is a kinda cool thing. It helps purify your consciousness.
Old 05-02-2018, 02:11 PM
Eelco

If all is burned how can you expect to be left with You?
This is a genuine concern/question.

There is no you. This is just this. And that is just that.
Somewhere along the line i've lost the need to make expectations. That means the expectation that an eternal I exists.

If it's there. I am that. If it's not. Nothing to be done about that.
My actions here and now is what matters to those around me. That is enough.
I practice so i can be more valuable now. Not to reach realization of anything.

With Love
Eelco
Old 05-02-2018, 02:59 PM
Knower
Quote:
If all is burned how can you expect to be left with You?
This is a genuine concern/question.

I think you're rolling on the assumption that you are the body.

You could say that there is no "you", but that's just too foreign for most people. So I mostly stick with there is a "you", but it's not what most people think it is.

The reason that burning everything up reveals you, is because YOU are the one "thing" that everything is not. You're a no-thing.

Or indeed you could say that burning everything up reveals "truth". It's up to you whether you call that truth "truth", "you", "isness" or "pure awareness" or whatever.

Quote:
If it's there. I am that. If it's not. Nothing to be done about that.
My actions here and now is what matters to those around me. That is enough.
I practice so i can be more valuable now. Not to reach realization of anything.
I love that! Great attitude!

Personally I see that it can only be there. It's self evident. It's indubitable. I Am therefore I Am. I simply rest in that, no need to even think about it (unless communicating it).