Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 23-02-2018, 12:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
So the idea All is One doesn't work for you:)

What has worked for you, or would you still describe yourself as a seeker?
All is One [there is only One Grand Being which 'contains' all being] is the basis on which (or from which) I operate.

"In Him (read 'him' as 'IT' or 'THAT') we live and move and have our being" works for me. I do not 'seek' (or feel a 'need' to 'seek') THAT.

I just wish/aim (and this could be called a kind of 'seeking', I suppose) to maximize the-more-the-merrier Love and Joy in communion with others in THAT context.

The way I think of it, 'disconnection' from THAT is impossible in Reality. Though thoughts and feelings (and beliefs?) of 'disconnection' can certainly be experienced as a kind of 'bad dream' wherein one 'seeks' to 'find' (experience?) 'connection' with THAT.

The best way to do that (i.e. to 'wake up' from said 'bad dream') is to love and joyfully embrace, i.e. 'connect' and thereby become associationally One with), beings and Beingness from and via being 'in' the world' of duality, I think.

'We' are all in this (i.e. in THAT) together. Look closely at and smell a rose, look into the eyes of and pat a puppy, share your 'private' thoughts with a friend and invite him or her to do so with you by listening to whatever he or shares pertaining to his or her 'private' thoughts and feelings appreciatively.

To modify Yoda's saying "Do not 'try', DO!": Do not 'seek', KNOW! 'Seeking' presupposes that there is something not yet within the realm of your consciousness to 'reach' and thereby 'get' to 'know'. That idea will just serve to keep the 'dream' (nightmare) going/continuing.

This may also help in THAT regard:

Imagine there are two you's. Just imagine like a kid fun-play-acting, first being 'you' as a 'person', as you personally presently are, and then as that person, in your mind speak to a 'greater' (imagined, now!) 'You'. Say or ask anything (i.e. whatever) spontaneously comes to mind in this 'skit' - remember it is just play-acting.

Then, again in your image-in-nation, imagine that you are now the second 'greater' 'You' - role-play 'God', i.e. All THAT Is, in other words - and in THAT 'role', imagine that 'You' 'hear' what your personal 'you' just said or asked of 'You'. And then just imagine 'saying' whatever comes to mind (in THAT role) to your personal 'you' as you imagine 'your' self to be.

Then switch 'places' (meaning 'roles') again and imagine 'hearing' (i.e. 'receiving') what 'your' 'greater' BUDDY 'You' just communicated back to 'you'.

Repeat as necessary, if, when and as 'you' continue to think and feel that 'you' are 'alone' (as 'opposed' to together, in intimate communication with 'your' greater 'You').

It may sound silly, but if you don't just blow this idea off as just child's play' that is not really actually 'true' in Reality, it (or similar kind of role-playing venture) will result in your 'bad dream' going POOF - maybe not right away, but eventually!
Old 23-02-2018, 02:36 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
All is One [there is only One Grand Being which 'contains' all being] is the basis on which (or from which) I operate.

"In Him (read 'him' as 'IT' or 'THAT') we live and move and have our being" works for me. I do not 'seek' (or feel a 'need' to 'seek') THAT.

I just wish/aim (and this could be called a kind of 'seeking', I suppose) to maximize the-more-the-merrier Love and Joy in communion with others in THAT context.

The way I think of it, 'disconnection' from THAT is impossible in Reality. Though thoughts and feelings (and beliefs?) of 'disconnection' can certainly be experienced as a kind of 'bad dream' wherein one 'seeks' to 'find' (experience?) 'connection' with THAT.

The best way to do that (i.e. to 'wake up' from said 'bad dream') is to love and joyfully embrace, i.e. 'connect' and thereby become associationally One with), beings and Beingness from and via being 'in' the world' of duality, I think.

'We' are all in this (i.e. in THAT) together. Look closely at and smell a rose, look into the eyes of and pat a puppy, share your 'private' thoughts with a friend and invite him or her to do so with you by listening to whatever he or shares pertaining to his or her 'private' thoughts and feelings appreciatively.

To modify Yoda's saying "Do not 'try', DO!": Do not 'seek', KNOW! 'Seeking' presupposes that there is something not yet within the realm of your consciousness to 'reach' and thereby 'get' to 'know'. That idea will just serve to keep the 'dream' (nightmare) going/continuing.

This may also help in THAT regard:

Imagine there are two you's. Just imagine like a kid fun-play-acting, first being 'you' as a 'person', as you personally presently are, and then as that person, in your mind speak to a 'greater' (imagined, now!) 'You'. Say or ask anything (i.e. whatever) spontaneously comes to mind in this 'skit' - remember it is just play-acting.

Then, again in your image-in-nation, imagine that you are now the second 'greater' 'You' - role-play 'God', i.e. All THAT Is, in other words - and in THAT 'role', imagine that 'You' 'hear' what your personal 'you' just said or asked of 'You'. And then just imagine 'saying' whatever comes to mind (in THAT role) to your personal 'you' as you imagine 'your' self to be.

Then switch 'places' (meaning 'roles') again and imagine 'hearing' (i.e. 'receiving') what 'your' 'greater' BUDDY 'You' just communicated back to 'you'.

Repeat as necessary, if, when and as 'you' continue to think and feel that 'you' are 'alone' (as 'opposed' to together, in intimate communication with 'your' greater 'You').

It may sound silly, but if you don't just blow this idea off as just child's play' that is not really actually 'true' in Reality, it (or similar kind of role-playing venture) will result in your 'bad dream' going POOF - maybe not right away, but eventually!

Yes for me also disconnection is impossible because it is not dependant on whatever state I may be in, for all states are a manifestion of THAT (Oneness). including the state of not experiencing "Love and Joy in communion with others". That was not and is not something I seek. If it happens fine, if not thats also fine because both are Oneness manifest so no disconnection involved if the latter arises as it is Oneness arising as not feeling it.

I was not always aware of the Idea "All is One" however, so did not have that feeling of connection to Oneness and would describe myself, at that time, as seeking that feeling of connection.

When that feeling of disconnection did end there was an intense focus on how that had happened. That reflection/interest has gone on for some time and taken all sorts of twists and turns. The result at the moment is that it was a match between the frequency/vibration of my mind (that which was conductiong the search) and the frequency/vibration of the idea All is One.

How would you describe your experience that resulted in "All is One [there is only One Grand Being which 'contains' all being] is the basis on which (or from which) I operate". Was there a period before that? What was it like? and what was involved in moving from the former to the latter? Was it the practise you have described above?

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by Iamit : 23-02-2018 at 12:34 PM.
Old 23-02-2018, 02:17 PM
Master
Quote:
How would you describe your experience that resulted in "All is One [there is only One Grand Being which 'contains' all being] is the basis on which (or from which) I operate". Was there a period before that? What was it like? and what was involved in moving from the former to the latter? Was it the practise you have described above?

I seem to have been born (intuitively?) 'knowing' THAT (presumably because of past-life realizations). My path/purpose in the life seems to have mostly been to come to terms with and learn how to positively (creatively) deal with others around me not 'knowing' and so not living in accord/harmony with THAT fact - which unknowing has always struck me as a kind of willful 'stupidity' which, having a 'teacher' mentality, I have always, though far from always successfully , sought to 'educate' them 'out' of.

The suggested 'practice' was/is a spontaneously invented exercise-suggestion which was offered as a way of (possibly) 'coaching' others who are not 'there' yet into personally 'grokking' said always-obvious-to-me realization - which invention has had the added benefit of helping/spur 'me' to more reflectively apply said knowledge in the context of 'my' 'own' immediate life-purpose-desire nexus, BTW. (Teachers also 'learn' (more) by 'teaching'! )
Old 23-02-2018, 02:34 PM
Master
Quote:
When that feeling of disconnection did end there was an intense focus on how that had happened. That reflection/interest has gone on for some time and taken all sorts of twists and turns. The result at the moment is that it was a match between the frequency/vibration of my mind (that which was conductiong the search) and the frequency/vibration of the idea All is One.
P.S. Why don't you more specifically describe your more memorable 'twists and turns' in said regard as well as what to mean by "a match" (between the frequency/vibration of [your] mind (that which was conducting the search) and the frequency/vibration of the idea All is One.)

Some might get some 'pointers' redarding their own ongoing journey in such regards, Iamit.

At the very least, I would be interested in hearing about (and 'learning' from) your account.
Old 23-02-2018, 10:17 PM
Master

Quote:
P.S. Why don't you more specifically describe your more memorable 'twists and turns' in said regard as well as what to mean by "a match" (between the frequency/vibration of [your] mind (that which was conducting the search) and the frequency/vibration of the idea All is One.)

Some might get some 'pointers' redarding their own ongoing journey in such regards, Iamit.

At the very least, I would be interested in hearing about (and 'learning' from) your account.

Prior to the resonance I must have come across the idea "All is One" during the search for connection but it had not resonated then. So the question is why not then and why many years later did the resonance occur? Presumably the energy/vibration/frequency of the idea had not changed so what was it in my energy/vibration/frequency that had changed to match that of the idea for the resonance to occur? I had not done any practise which some would say can prepare one for such a resonance.

It was clear to me from the start that it was mind that was conducting the search but it was only much later that it became clear that it was also mind that had the capacity to resonate with the solution it thought would work for the character (ego) it had constructed. What changes in character had mind noticed/allowed to regard the idea "All is One" as now a solution that would work?

My character has changed a lot from seeking truth to feeling that there may always be something hidden which may contradict the truth we think we know. Any resonance is very difficult if it first has to satisfy the condition that the idea resonated has to be the truth. So maybe it was not until that requirement was trancended that my mind considered my character ready for ANY resonance. It was a long time ago but I remember the parable of The Highwayman by Soren Kierkegaard having quite an effect concerning giving up the pursuit of the truth.

Please say any more you would like to say about the process you have been through/are going through.
Old 23-02-2018, 10:25 PM
Master

Quote:
I seem to have been born (intuitively?) 'knowing' THAT (presumably because of past-life realizations). My path/purpose in the life seems to have mostly been to come to terms with and learn how to positively (creatively) deal with others around me not 'knowing' and so not living in accord/harmony with THAT fact - which unknowing has always struck me as a kind of willful 'stupidity' which, having a 'teacher' mentality, I have always, though far from always successfully , sought to 'educate' them 'out' of.

The suggested 'practice' was/is a spontaneously invented exercise-suggestion which was offered as a way of (possibly) 'coaching' others who are not 'there' yet into personally 'grokking' said always-obvious-to-me realization - which invention has had the added benefit of helping/spur 'me' to more reflectively apply said knowledge in the context of 'my' 'own' immediate life-purpose-desire nexus, BTW. (Teachers also 'learn' (more) by 'teaching'! )

Understood, thanks.
Old 28-02-2018, 04:35 AM
Master
Quote:
The connection referred to is the connection between the seeker and Source or whatever label the seeker may give to Oneness without distinction or discrimination. Connection between apparently separate looking people may or may not be felt, with or without opening the mouth:) Either way each is the other and the One Love in action, dreaming difference where there is none.
Wherefore arises the connection/disconnection between "Self" and "Source" if all is Oneness?
Old 28-02-2018, 11:03 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Wherefore arises the connection/disconnection between "Self" and "Source" if all is Oneness?

I assume the answer is conditioning from an early age that we are separate people. For myself, I would guess that was the case although I do not remember any terrifying conditioning as some do. That feeling of separation was always the case until, some years ago there was a resonance with the idea All is One, and the feeling of disconnection ended.

How do you view your history in terms of conditioning and its effects?
Old 28-02-2018, 11:32 AM
Master
Quote:
How do you view your history in terms of conditioning and its effects?
A very interesting question.

I was 'conditioned' to follow the Hindu path and understand Lord Shiva as being 'God' or what you would call "Oneness" and others would call "Brahman".

I had a preconceived notion of the Deity based on Hindu epics and stories and yet the very definition of an omnipresent and omniscient being surpassed all that I only 'thought' I knew and Shiva was much more than any epic/scripture could even begin to define.

The whole mental concept of Deity is what we call "saguna" or "that which is understood through the mind according to attributed perception" however, I fell in love and I fell hard.

Through love, meditation, worship I understood Shiva in full essence...experienced that which people call Brahman/Oneness/Void and the many names and labels people have given to it, over any actuality OF it.

Yet, even after having that whole realisation, I went back to worshiping Shiva in a 'form' that my mind and heart could actually 'make sense of'...but it was totally different than before.

It was like that saying "first there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is"
http://thetattooedbuddha.com/2015/11...ess-of-things/

This is why I post all these things I do on here and I hope it answers your question.
Old 28-02-2018, 01:46 PM
Master
Interesting journey our 'mind' (i.e. 'sense perceptions') takes us on, aye what? Though essentially the same phenom - just as no two snowflakes are 'the same', details pertaining to the everyone's personal journey are quintessentially (mind-blowingly! ) different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
A very interesting question.It was like that saying "first there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is"
http://thetattooedbuddha.com/2015/11...ess-of-things/
Great word-articulation at the link, SD!