Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 21-06-2018, 08:40 PM
Master
Satellite vs. Street View

Some scriptures aren't entirely explanatory, leaving the mind to wonder about their meaning. Such as with in the old testament. -
"We all like sheep have gone astray, everyone to their own path, but the Lord has layed upon Him (the future Savior), the iniquity of us all."

Another Messianic scripture in Isaiah.

Take a person in my situation though. Coming into adulthood at the age of 17, I first began actually reading my childhood Bible. And, had no doubt about the identity of Jesus. And so, first believed.
So, how had I had a chance to, "go astray"?

However, if we begin to percieve things from a "satellite" view, instead of the usual "street" view, things become more clarified.
What is this "satellite" view?

It involves what science has been telling us since Einstein, about space and time.
That... it is "illusory".

Then, the verse I cited has clearer meaning, as we incorporate all information available to us, regarding our origin apart from...
"space/time".

Which situation is indicated to us in Revelation 12, telling us of a fall.

Stars, throughout the ages of the writings in the Bible, have always represented both people and angels alike.
So, I realized that this is an indicator, regarding the full meaning of the old testament verse.

With respect to the rebellion of Lucifer written of in Isaiah 14, and Ezekiel 28....
As one of the archangels, Lucifer, now satan, had a contingency of angels under his supervision, for which he was responsible. Which, it is borne out with study, turns out to be us.

Decieved... as it says in the Revelation scripture, we fell, and began a separate life and fallen organic situation in, "the world".

The stars it says, a third thereof, are flung to the ground by the dragon's tail, in Revelation.
The identity of the dragon is shared elsewhere in Revelation by an angel speaking to John.
Also by John, the Revelator, himself.
It is the devil.

Hence, the atoning work of Christ, through ( illusory) time, involves "redemption" of those who were lost to heaven. Who's origins are in eternity, not merely from the organic situation in our mother's womb. (Also called "matrix" in scripture.)

True, many people have lived wayward lives into their adulthood, and when hearing the Good News respond thereto, under the inspiration and guidance of the Spirit of God.
These are "the elect", who come into their "predestined", destiny... of salvation.
Not all though who hear, apparently, do so.

But the greater "satellite view" is about redemption to a situation which existed before the world, and before a "fall".
And, if the understanding of time and space today is true, then it is our actual situation apart from the superficial "illusion", and "Matrix".

This greater insight changes nothing in the Gospel handed down to us. The verse...
"For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God", still applies.
The Lord may know apart from time, who it is who hears the call for redemption, and responds, or who doesn't. But everything shared in the good news still applies.

The satellite view gives us greater understanding and clarified insight into certain biblical verses, which aren't so clear without it.

The Wachowski's apparently pondered and discussed these things between themselves before writing and releading their cinematic creation in 1999.
Things of both science... and faith,
(or, "religion"). Using the quote of the prophet and visionary Abdul Baha, for naming their work, "The Matrix".

Who wrote...
"Most people are captured in the matrix of nature. Immersed in a sea of materiality.
We must pray they be reborn, given the gift of another heart, and in the end..."
?

And, what of yourself?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein

Last edited by Morpheus : 21-06-2018 at 09:46 PM.
Old 25-06-2018, 05:05 PM
Master
Subjectivity vs. Objectivity. True?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 26-06-2018, 02:09 AM
Master

"We all like sheep have gone astray, everyone to their own path, but the Lord has layed upon Him (the future Savior), the iniquity of us all."

I think at some point most of us are tempted to decide we have somehow quit straying and are somehow better than we were.

In my opinion though this thought never bears any truth. Being where I am I have reason to suppose that I will definitely be lost, for as long as I want to suppose I am not lost.

But supposing otherwise doesn't fix it just because I'm going the opposite direction, either. Just makes me a little more honest about where I stand.

but hey, I'm finding that I am somehow more 'real' being honest than I am in blithely supposing that whatever it is that makes me feel good is true.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:51 AM
Master
If you understand the meaning of "found", involving faith in the risen Savior, long prophesied, then you shouldn't be confused about your status.

It can be easily seen how righteousness, in the scriptures, is equated with faith.

And, how "salvation" is not of ourselves," it is a gift of God, not of works, so that none may boast".