Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 14-12-2010, 03:01 AM
JustAm

Vegan to Raw foodist

Hello everyone,

I am currently a Vegan (just because I'm sensitive to what I eat) but I am becoming more and more curious about this raw food diet. Are there any raw foodists here that could give me some advice, particularly what you eat on a regular bases. How do you maintain a healthy protein and fat intake? Advice from the real thing would be grand.

Thanks!
Old 01-01-2011, 09:48 AM
Valus

The Protein Myth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae-dlHOmwk4

Raw Food Weight Loss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNvHOiQB4jA

Raw Food World tv
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRawFoodWorld

http://www.therawfoodworld.com/
Old 11-01-2011, 04:07 AM
davidjohn83

I've been in a similar boat as you. I went vegan about 2 years ago and after year one I practised raw veganism. I say practise becaues that is what you need to do when it comes to anything, i found it easy to make the switch and at the time i switched i also started eating only organic foods. I live in a cold climate, up in Vancouver BC Canada and i made the switch in the summer time.. I went through the summer as a raw foodie and found it to be really easy, i even did a few water fasts and juice fasts, and found myself with an abundance of energy and positive vibrations and even other similar energies i felt when i first went just vegan. the summer passed and the cold weather came and i started to slip, i was finding it very difficult to stay on the raw food diet as the weather and climate began transitioning to single digit temperatures. But i still practiced a raw vegan lifestyle. I have realized during this colder temperature season, by researching, that the diet is really different for many people. Body and environment is crucial to success and changes in direction. meet some people who are practicing the same thing and spend your time with them. and I would suggest creating a youtube channel and find some channels and subscribe to them. even onto my 3rd year of healthy living i learn so much every week. I am still struggling but again i am stil practicing, some raw foodies I've talked to have taken them many years to get completely raw and to find out what works for them. so i cannot stress to try as many things as you can,
Old 29-04-2011, 05:11 PM
JustAm

Still looking for fellow raw foodists to share with, any others out there? :)
Old 29-04-2011, 10:44 PM
star-child

Hello I have dabbled in and out of raw foodism but the past week or so I have been doing it more seriously. I bought myself a juicer yesterday which most raw foodists have and I love it! I have been making some super healthy juices.

I was subscribed to a few people on YouTube who ate raw foods so I will share links to their channels...
http://www.youtube.com/user/liferegenerator
http://www.youtube.com/user/LeijaTurunen

and a raw food channel with lots of good videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBestOfRawFood#g/a

I really get good vibes from eating raw foods, nobody seems to question why we eat cooked foods. Surely nature intended use to eat fresh untampered foods!
Old 30-04-2011, 12:26 AM
Master

I'm not a raw foodist but have been reading about it recently. Just before I came to this site a few minutes ago I was reading about the glories of hemp seed. Since you're looking for a good source of protein and fat you might want to look into it.

Quote:
contain all the essential amino acids and essential fatty acids necessary to maintain healthy human life. No other single plant source has the essential amino acids in such an easily digestible form, nor has the essential fatty acids in as perfect a ratio to meet human nutritional needs
Old 01-05-2011, 11:55 AM
DebbyM

My daughter is making the transition from vegan to raw foodist and in the first two weeks has noticed that her skin has totally cleared up. She is 27 and has always been on some kind of low dose anti-biotic because of problem skin so this has been a wakeup call to her as to how sensitive our bodies are to what we eat and how many nutrients are destroyed in the cooking process.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:01 PM
Love777

Hi! I'm in and out of the raw foods diet. (I'm not anything 100%). I even went fruitarian for a few weeks. What I gathered so far from my reading and doings is: the keys to these raw diets are variety, quality, and quantity.

You have to eat more than your usual share of fruits and vegetables. On a cooked diet all you would have to eat is a small amount of meats, rice and beans, wheat bread, oatmeal and milk... for protein. In a raw diet there isn't as much a variety and the sources that are available don't normally have the same amount of protein available.

Quality is important because alot of the fruits and vegetables you buy in the supermarkets were picked too early which means they did not get enough time to soak in the nutrients from the soil. Also, most farmers that sell to big chains over-farm their land meaning they remove all plant materials from the soil as well as re-plant continuously in one spot. Basically all of this means the fruits and vegetables you buy will not have all the nutrients they are supposed to have and therefor you will need to eat more than you should have to if you go for bad quality produce.

You are going to need variety, maybe even eat stuff you never used to eat in order to get all your nutrients. For example just eating broccoli, lettuce and apples all day won't give you what you need.

Avocado, olive, coconut, almond, cashew and peanut are great for raw fats/oils.

For protein, some foods to conside are: raw peas, kale, chive, collard green, broccoli, spinach, raw almond butter, raw peanut butter, avocado (I think)shredded coconut as well as other nuts (macadamian, walnut, brazil, chestnut, hazelnut) and seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, flax, sesame).

The best thing about going raw and fruitarian was I got to eat vegetables and fruits I never considered eating before. Most of the exotic fruits were to expensive for me. But when I cut out the other stuff I was a left with money to buy the exotic and/or normally-too-expensive stuff.

I hope this helps a bit. Happy Journey!!!
Old 03-09-2018, 04:40 AM
Experiencer

Mostly it is wheat, mung beans and soybeans. Buckwheat without cooking. Variety of fruits and vegetables. Do not forget about chia seeds and coconut oil.
Old 03-09-2018, 09:35 PM
Ascender
Some good advice in here already.

I saw the most changes in my skin and body when I was eating raw consistently for a few months. Feels so amazing physically, spiritually and mentally.

Lately, I've mixed it up and eat raw 4 days out of the week. Sometimes I just want a little something more.

Just focus on all the colors in your diet. All the beans, all the seeds.