Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 21-07-2014, 01:38 AM
Eaglewings

My grandmother passed in Oct and she did something very similar, we knew it was her time when she started pointing to the wall in the corner of the room, noone was there and she kept pointing and motioning "come here" "come here" with her hand , her eyes where big and she continued doing this all afternoon. I believe she saw whom ever came to take her home.
Old 21-07-2014, 10:45 PM
Seeker

As a rescue Medium I’ve had many experiences of loved ones coming to collect the people that have died. But I will in this instance describe what transpired on my Mother’s death.
My Mum was in her late 70s and in reasonable health when a few months before her death I called at her house to see her. She was sat reading a book when I walked in. She glanced up at me and said “I’ll just finish this page”. She wasn’t being rude that was her usual manner. I was stood there with a wry smile when I noticed a bright sparkle of light just to the side of her. As I watched this formed into a figure of a spirit lady, I at once recognised as my late Grandma who had died in the late 50s when I was a seven year old. Her and my Grandfather had been Baptist Missionary’s in China before the War; her faith would mean she’d have little time for Mediums in life. She was looking over at my Mother with obvious love, and taking little notice of me. I knew there and then with sadness that my Mother’s time in this life was short. I decided not to mention to Mum her Mother’s presence but thought I’d let my Grandma know that I’d seen her. When she next looked over my way I winked at her. The look of surprise on her face was a picture; it was obvious that she had no idea that I could see her until then. The next moment she promptly disappeared.
Three months later I got the phone call to say that Mum had, had a stroke and was being rushed to hospital. I got there at the same time as my brother and the ambulance, Mum looked in a bad way. After they had examined her the Doctor showed us the X-rays and told us that Mum wasn’t going to make it as she was brain dead. As she’d made a living will to say “do not revive” they would make her as comfortable as possible in a side room and let nature take its course. My brother made his excuses saying that as she was brain dead there was no reason to hang around. He suggested we both leave there and then as there was nothing we could do and we’d already lost her. I told him to go if he wanted but I was going to stay.
So there I was 2am in the morning sat next to the bed of my dying Mum. As the hours rolled on I did wonder if my brother might have been right, I was being of no comfort to Mum as her body was going through the process of death. Her eyes were rolling and she was giving out the odd groan, I just sat there feeling totally helpless. When it got to 6am I decided to go down to the kiosk at the hospital entrance to get a snack and a cup of tea. When there I bought a local paper and went back to the room. When I sat down with the paper I had the thought to read the paper to her. From the front page on I read all the local trivia. When I got to the third page I noticed Mum had stopped groaning and to my surprise her eyes were focused on me in a disapproving way. I asked her “am I boring you Mum with this paper? Blink if I am”. With this both eyes she blinked like mad. I said to her let me hold your hand Mum. As she’d had a massive stroke I leant over her to take her right hand but was amazed when lifted her left hand up and took my hand. She looked calm, peaceful, and in control, with a smile on her face, I thanked her for our happy childhood and talked about the achievements she’d made in her life. As in spoke I became aware of her looking at the bottom of her bed. As I followed her eyes, stood there was a host of people. At the front were my Grandparents; off to their right was my Dad. This surprised me as Mum and Dad hadn’t spoken for twenty odd years. Behind them were my Uncles, one who had recently passed and the other who had been killed in the war. There were others behind them some of them that I remember from my childhood visits to the Welsh mining villages to see my Mum’s family. Others I didn’t recognise but realised that they were family that had gone before.
There was a feeling of joy in that room that morning. I looked at Mum and asked her “Am I keeping you Mum? Shall I leave?” To this she blinked her eyes. I gave her a kiss on her forehead and said “I will see you later Mum, hopefully a lot later”. I walked out feeling elated, as I passed the nurses station I told them I was leaving as they’d come for her. The Nurses exchanged some odd glances to that. I was walking through to door at home ten minutes later and the phone was ringing. I answered it knowing just who it would be, the voice at the other end announced herself as the ward sister and said how sorry she was to tell me that my Mum had just passed away. I for my part could not believe that my Mum had just died and I felt happy for her. On reflection though you have to ask the question. “How dead is brain dead”?
Old 23-07-2014, 01:40 AM
Newbie ;)

Wow, that is amazing Tony16, thank you for sharing. Thank you all for sharing as I have enjoyed reading each and every post. So much wonder is out there and I can imagine there is so much that we don't see, even though it is there. Those who have the gift of being a Medium can see more than most of us witness and it gives more insight to what is beyond our typical view. It amazes me and I love reading stories from people who have witnesses so much more than I have.

Thank you for sharing and please, keep on sharing. This brings comfort to me as I feel I have lost so many in my life already. I like to think that they are out there and that they are at peace and happy.

Take care all.
Old 23-07-2014, 03:33 AM
Master

Eaglewings - I'm sure she did.

Thanks for sharing your story Tony16 - sad and beautiful all at the same time.