Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 20-07-2014, 01:48 AM
Newbie ;)

A deceased loved one comes to you before death...

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this with a loved one before they passed away or if there is any documentation on this that I might find from others' experiences.

When my mom died several years back, she was in the hospital and semi-conscious in her last days. My sister went to visit her and in her semi-conscious state, she called out to her dad, my grandfather who had passed decades before. My mom and grandfather were very close and it gave me some comfort to think that in her final times that my grandfather had been there for her to meet her when she passed away.

My uncle died last year. My sister and I actually talked about this and wondered if someone came to him before he died. We thought it might be his father, my other granfather, with whom he was very close. Later that day, my dad (who is his brother) told me that the night before he died that he had a difficult night in the hospital and kept calling out a name in his sleep-like state. It was the name of one of my aunts, another sister of their's, who died a couple years before. She was a very nurturing individual in her life and was also close to my uncle. It made perfect sense to my sister and I when we heard this.

I remember watching the HBO series "Six Feet Under" and in it's series finale, they showed how each character eventually died. They always had someone who had died before waiting there for them. Once again made me think of this.

Do you believe that someone we loved and loved us will be there to greet us upon our death? That they may help us cross over and show us the way? And maybe since we already know them, it will be easier for us to make that transition. I would love to hear from anyone who would like to share anything they know or experienced in this. Thanks!
Old 20-07-2014, 01:55 AM
elisi

my son and my dad were very close. a couple of days before my son passed, he told me grandpa was in his room. my dad had come to him 3 times. i believe my dad came to be with him and help him transition.
Old 20-07-2014, 01:59 AM
Administrator
Hello

Very much so yes. I have been present with family at the bedside and able to let them feel and at times see those waiting for the loved one to come join them.

There was once in the hospital where I was sitting with a dear friend that was in and out of consciousness waiting for his Son to come to visit. He was not very lucid in conversations but for a few minutes I was able to bridge that gap and bring his deceased Wife and Son in to sit with him for a bit. His Dr was standing (unannounced to us) at the door watching in amazement at what he saw. He told me he could clearly see a female and male figure at the bedside and went to the nursing staff and asked why there were too many in the room. It was one at a time without signing in. The nurse came over and said Lynn is the only visitor. He asked me later what he saw. Knowing his patient was a very spiritual man.

It was two days later he made his passing. I know well that there were family and one Russian soldier that was at the time the enemy in war.

Lynn
Old 20-07-2014, 08:42 AM
Master

Pre-Death Experience a.k.a. Death-Bed Visions. A common phenomena.

You would be interested in the book 'Glimpses of Eternity' by Dr Raymond Moody, which covers this topic

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 20-07-2014, 01:12 PM
Master

These are beautiful stories. I remeber when my former boyfriend's dad was passing away he saw his former wife and described to everyone around him what she looked like.
Old 20-07-2014, 08:31 PM
Shamanuel

Thumbs up

Hi i think that all of this should be seen with an open mind, since we don't really know for sure. My opinion about your question, if our decease loved ones could "welcome" us to the after life.

Well i think that this is very possible, i think our reality is in a frequency, witch our physicality is, but we are multy dimensional beings, so after life our "soul" can keep its essence, since when you die you are in away getting into the other dimension you may start seeing people who is already there, even more if you proyect you feelings of them being there as an important thing, since in a higher dimension thoughts may become real instantaneously, (here also but it takes longer)

so a long stoy short, yes i do think we can, even i think that you can talk to them trough deep meditation or astral proyection at any time during your life.

that is only my point of view, i would like to hear your
Old 20-07-2014, 09:33 PM
Administrator
My brother passed at the age of nearly 5 years old.he passed the day I was nearly born.
I saw him all my life because I was born seeing spirit.so it was not a big thing for me to see him,
the day before my mother passed in hospital everyone was saying she looked much better and would be coming home,
I knew she wouldn't leave the hospital,but the names I was called by my siblings was teribble they didn't believe in spirit, then my brother appeaed in the corner of the room,the temp went down,i wouldn't tell them why,he was waiting for my mother,

Namaste
Old 20-07-2014, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator
Lynn, your accounts were very moving. But especially the bit at the end (about your dear friend's passing)- that there was a Russian soldier, who had been an 'enemy at war' who came to accompany him when he left this world. That was very touching.
Old 20-07-2014, 11:32 PM
Administrator
Hello

That soldier has a story with it I will share. Two men in the great war come face to face with the other out on patrol one night. Both come gun to gun but neither fire a shot nor do either report back. They exchange a name and move on. Fast forward year's later to Canada and a veterans reunion day. As both men had very "unique" names it was easy for them to know the other when they met again.

I saw that soldier that soldier with him on a few occasions but never knew the full story behind it all til just before my friends death. That story was shared at his funeral and at the next year's veteran's day.

Lynn
Old 21-07-2014, 12:24 AM
Super Moderator
That is an amazing, unusual and wonderful story Lynn!