Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 08-04-2011, 11:20 PM
Sangraal

When your "time" in this existence is up it's time to head back home...

Some may ask at this point what do we mean by home...

And in this context "home" is a resting place of contemplation in a spiritual realm where the entity can apply to return back to earth through the cycle of re-birth...

For most (if not all) a return will have a caveat or condition whereby most or all memory of past lives are blanked out... (it is interesting to note that bleed through does occure and for the most part is fine - in some cases it can become problematic...)

A goal for many souls is to become connected to their past incarnations while in possession of a human body - this would mean the entity has ascended and is spiritually advanced...

Disregard everything above if it does not resonate with you...

Discover your own path to enlightenment...

There are many roads that lead to the source...

You are SOURCE dancing in a grand journey of expression by the source as a creature of desire...

Ask yourself "what is it that I desire"?

Ask yourself "who am I"?

Ask yourself "why am I here"?

Ask yourself "what is the purpose of my life"?

Ask yourself "how do I open a window to my spiritual selves"?

Answer to all of above:

"Seek and ye shall find - knock and it shall be opened unto thee - ask and it shall be given..."
Old 09-04-2011, 03:45 AM
nick61

I think there's a difference between being 'clinically' dead and dead beyond reanimation.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:11 AM
Boom

Its quite simple really. Once the body is damaged too much. For example, too many braincells died due to lack of oxygen. Then its not capable of hosting a soul, or being re-animated. Therefore you cant return to it.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:28 AM
konrard

Why can the dead not come back to life? It is because there is no such thing as death in the first place. Death is perceived disconnection from our source, and only occurs on the level of mind.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:29 PM
suexylady

I beleive the dead can be contacted because the bible says it is forbidden to contact the dead, but dont think its a good idea really
Old 11-04-2011, 10:39 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Everyone:

Coming in at the end of the Thread--in answer to the original question.

I speak to people who have passed beyond the Veil all the time--so to me they are never really "dead"--just currently in a non-coporeal state of being.

I (also) believe in reincarnation--so (IMO) people who have passed do eventually return to a coporeal state--when it is time for them to do so.

Just a personal perspective.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...
Old 11-04-2011, 11:35 PM
breath

the dead can't come back because they don't want to. they don't want to, because they're dead.

Most of us can barely accept being woken up in the morning, after a moderately deep sleep. How do we expect to be able to get up during such a peaceful experience as our bodies completely stilling.

'when all suffering in them cease, your heart is empty, your body full, your mind at ease'. the spirit is addicted to death, it has to return to it every 80 years or so. :P

and during life, it requires constantly reminding itself with news report that it exists like an over excited child at christmas who needs to continuously ask mummy if santa is real and commentate on the wrapping of presents and the toys it wants.

when you get death again, you wont want to come back. XD but you'll be back anyway.

I don't believe in any of this, but it could be true none the less.
we are universe, universe isn't dead yet, so we aren't dead yet.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:59 AM
unus supra

you know what might be a useful way to look at it.

This body is a vehicle, liken it literally to a car.
or better yet, like a computer, the body is the hardware program.

And like a computer, the hardware is designed to encase and give the software a medium through which it can operate.

This is very much like the relationship between the body and the "soul" although frankly i prefer to call it software. I feel that we need to make this knowledge more accessable to the scientifically or logically inclined mind.

The difference is that this body is made of organic substance. Like all things in nature, when an organism is not fullfilling a function in relation to the balance of the ecosystem, it ceases to exist.

Likewise, when this hardware is not running the software program it is designed to house, then the hardware, as per its natural function and state,
will begin to degrade. in a relatively short time, because of this natural decomposition, it quickly becomes unfit to house and store the software program.

they become incompatible. like oil and water they can no longer mix.
there is though, a window in wich, degradation of the body has not reached an advanced enough state to disallow the software to reboot the system.

this would explain your question about individuals appearing dead.
once decomposition has set in, the individual has already decided a priori to move on. (we would hope) when they dont,

you have "ghosts".
Old 12-04-2011, 09:55 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by unus supra
you know what might be a useful way to look at it.

This body is a vehicle, liken it literally to a car.
or better yet, like a computer, the b..............software program.

they become incompatible. like oil and water they can no longer mix.
there is though, a window in wich, degradation of the body has not reached an advanced enough state to disallow the software to reboot the system.

this would explain your question about individuals appearing dead.
once decomposition has set in, the individual has already decided a priori to move on. (we would hope) when they dont,

you have "ghosts".

yeah - kinda, sorta.....

I put it this way. Using the computer analogy, our bodies are indeed the hardware with background programs running continuously and over which we have no routine input. Those functions are equivalent to DOS - disk operating system - and kick in very early in our development.

Once the DOS has been activated after our spirit animates the newly created embryo, additional programs will begin to run leading to the eventual formation of an independently-functioning individual. These programs are contained in genetic coding of the organic components of the two 'mini-lifeforms' whose fusion begins the process of creating a new individual.

Eventually we emerge as individuals and little-by-little we 'learn to drive' the hugely complex mechanism in which we live - our bodies. As we begin to grow still more programs begin to operate, each of these part of the hard-wiring mentioned earlier. We grow up, we mature to adulthood, we live our lives, many reproduce.

In time those background programs begin to power down as they are designed to do. Once we have passed mature adulthood, passed our prime, passed reproduction, certain of them drop into low-power mode or are switched off. Along with this, certain physical functions deteriorate due to component aging and failure - kinda like a hard drive when sectors become corrupt and unusable. This process occurs in all of us to a lesser or greater degree....

In time software can run only the still-functioning parts and system slow-down is marked - kinda like a hard disk with its faulty sectors plus many registry errors. Attached peripherals also begin to fail due to age. Our bodies are wearing out....

Over a sometimes prolonged period of time fewer and fewer systems remain working efficiently and background programs can do nothing to re-activate failing hardware peripherals. Eventually the CPU's power source fails as one or more organs providing energy stop working. The body dies.

But at this point the animating spirit is able to withdraw from the intimate and embedded state it had formerly occupied. The so-called silver cord, the umbilical cord equivalent, becomes detached from the failed hardware, the body, and the spirit is once more free to return whence it came.

What happens then to the discarded body is irrelevant.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:26 PM
deepsea

What can I say?
Cannot beat that description of the human body compared to a conputer.

So very apt!

Watch out for robots in the future. Our human body may become extinct.

Deepsea.