Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 24-09-2018, 03:11 PM
Master

Guides or Angels or Both?

I was brought up as a Christian and taught about angels. Angels that helped old testament prophets, Jesus, and others. Guardian angels that everyone had.

Many years later when I parted ways with the Christian church and went on my own spiritual path I seem to have dropped angels and picked up 'guides'.

But guides were always fuzzy in my imaginings. Indistinct. Undefined.

I've been reading a few of Lorna Byrne's books on angels and have so enjoyed her graphic details on what she sees when she sees angels. And I can see them distinctly in my mind's eye. Flowing gowns, huge wings (sometimes), bright light glowing from within, radiating love and devotion. It just sounds right to me.

She does say our loved ones do come to us during times of need so that might be where the 'guides' come from.

So I've come full circle with the angels. I believe in angels again. I believe, as Lorna has said that we have hundreds of angels interacting with us, guiding us, protecting us every day of our lives. I believe I have a guardian angel who is the gatekeeper of my soul and devoted only to me. And with that I feel so cherished and loved and that I am more than I thought I was. I am precious to my Creator.

So where do you stand on this issue?

Do you believe we have guides or angels or both?

What are the different functions of each, in your opinion.
Old 24-09-2018, 07:54 PM
Knower

They say we have both, but I can't get either to communicate with me - they're both worthless.
Old 24-09-2018, 08:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
And I can see them distinctly in my mind's eye. Flowing gowns, huge wings (sometimes), bright light glowing from within, radiating love and devotion. It just sounds right to me.

She does say our loved ones do come to us during times of need so that might be where the 'guides' come from.

So I've come full circle with the angels. I believe in angels again. I believe, as Lorna has said that we have hundreds of angels interacting with us, guiding us, protecting us every day of our lives. I believe I have a guardian angel who is the gatekeeper of my soul and devoted only to me. And with that I feel so cherished and loved and that I am more than I thought I was. I am precious to my Creator.

So where do you stand on this issue?
Following excerpt from Seth Speaks (channeled by Jane Roberts) 'explains' how I understand the issue of 'guides', their 'appearances' and 'scenarios' associated with them. It deals with occurrences in an 'after-death' environment, but I think the same 'principles' apply to how guides/angels appear to people while still living (in body):

"At one time - in your terms - I myself acted as such a guide; as in a sleep state Ruburt now follows the same road. The situation is rather tricky from the guide's viewpoint, for psychologically utmost discretion must be used. One man's Moses, as I discovered, may not be another man's Moses. I have served as a rather creditable Moses on several occasions - and once, though this is hard to believe, to an Arab.

The Arab was a very interesting character, by the way, and to illustrate some of the difficulties involved, I will tell you about him. He hated the Jews, but somehow he was obsessed with the idea that Moses was more powerful than Allah, and for years this was the secret sin upon his conscience. He spent some time in Constantinople at the time of the Crusades. He was captured, and ended up with a group of Turks, all to be executed by the Christians, in this case very horribly so. They forced his mouth open and stuffed it with burning coals, as a starter. He cried to Allah, and then in greater desperation to Moses, and as his consciousness left his body, Moses was there.

He believed in Moses more than he did Allah, and I did not know until the last moment which form I was to assume. He was a very likable chap, and under the circumstances I did not mind when he seemed to expect a battle for his soul. Moses and Allah were to fight for him. He could not rid himself of the idea of force, though he had died by force, and nothing could persuade him to accept any kind of peace or contentment, or any rest, until some kind of battle was wrought.

A friend and I, with some others, staged the ceremony, and from apposite clouds in the sky Allah and I shouted out our claims upon his soul - while he, poor man, cowered on the ground between us. Now while I tell this story humorously, you must understand that the man's belief brought it about, and so to set him free, we worked it through.

I called upon Jehovah, but to no avail, because our Arab did not know of Jehovah - only of Moses - and it was in Moses he put his faith. Allah drew a cosmic sword and I set it afire so that he dropped it. It fell to the ground and set the land aflame. Our Arab cried out again. He Saw leagues of followers behind Allah, and so leagues of followers appeared behind me. Our friend was convinced that one of the three of us must be destroyed, and he feared mightily that he would be the victim.

Finally the opposing clouds in which we appeared came closer. In , my hand I held a tablet that said: “Thou shalt not kill.” Allah held a sword. As we came closer we exchanged these items, and our followers merged. We came together, forming the image of a s-u-n, and we said: “We are one.”

The two diametrically opposed ideas had to merge or the man would have had no peace, and only when these opposites were united could we begin to explain his situation.

To be such a guide requires great discipline and training.

Before the event just mentioned, for example, I had spent many lifetimes acting as a guide under the tutorship of another in my daily sleep states.
"
Old 24-09-2018, 09:28 PM
Master

I'm sorry Kuurt.

That is a funny rendition davidsun. I have several of the Seth books but so far have not gotten around to them. Thank you for taking the time to post.
Old 24-09-2018, 11:41 PM
Master
Hello linen63,

I've shared this elsewhere on the forum a while back, but share it again and add my thoughts on this.

I had a dream of an Angel as a grey statue.
I thought, "That's not an Angel"
The statue spoke and said,"you prefer me to be like this"
Upon which it transformed into a being of light, with rays of wing like light flowing out from its shoulders.
I woke up at this point.
I had me thinking that is the way Angels communicate with us. Through our thoughts and come in images one can relate to.

So, if not thinking about Angels being present, would one notice the image brought forth or just blow it off as something else? I don't know for sure.

A guide from what I have been told has lived a Human life. In this sense they understand what it is to be Human and may help in guiding one as needed.

An Angel is a being unto itself and may come to give guidance, protection, or what may be needed.. From what I understand, sure there is more to this.

Loved ones who have passed, may still have the bond with one, but they are no longer attached to this plane of existence the way we who are living this life here may be.
There is still the love there and depending upon ones relationship may be some healing still needed. Again this is how I understand it.

Have had loved ones visit me in dreams, been around during healing work done on me, and at times felt thier presence around me.

Which leads me to say one is never truly alone. At times takes quieting myself and being open. To trust in what is sensed and if others scoff or dismiss, so be it. For it is for me anyways and what they bring has and continue to give me support and comfort.
Old 25-09-2018, 12:01 AM
Master

That makes a lot of sense Moonglow: that guides have incarnated. From what I have read, Angels are strictly their Creator's creation created to serve us humans and keep this world clicking right along.

I know some believe angels incarnate on Earth at times, I'm not sure where I stand on this issue (no offence intended). I'm still trying to wrap my head around angels around me.
Old 25-09-2018, 06:05 AM
Master
Quote:
That makes a lot of sense Moonglow: that guides have incarnated. From what I have read, Angels are strictly their Creator's creation created to serve us humans and keep this world clicking right along.

I know some believe angels incarnate on Earth at times, I'm not sure where I stand on this issue (no offence intended). I'm still trying to wrap my head around angels around me.

The suggestion that the angelic were created to serve humans comes from a very narrow view point.

The angelic serve all that is. And even if we look at humans, it is the spirit they serve first and foremost, the human condition is very temporary.
It is the spirit that will continue, and it does not matter on which star system or galaxy they might incarnate if in deed they will continue any three or four D incarnation. The three and four D development for a spirit is relatively short, one could say after that, the journey has just began.
And the angelic will still be there to assist.
Old 25-09-2018, 11:39 AM
Master
Quote:

Hi linen53,

As I understand and have come across Angels are celestial beings. I have not study in depth Angels, so my understanding is bits and pieces gathered.

There are guardian Angels who assist to guide and protect us. They are more focused upon the divine aspects of our lives and connection with God/creator.

Angels may serve us, but they serve God or the divine over all. Bringing deeper connection with such and our Spirit.

It is a bit of mystery to me. Would suggest go with what you feel. If felt to be an Angel, may very well be.
Old 25-09-2018, 02:02 PM
Master

Rah nam, I must admit the amount of knowledge I have of angels could fit on the head of a pin. I know there are different kinds of angels and each has their own specialty. I know some serve in the heavenly realms and some serve on planets all over space and some are liaisons between the two realms.

Moonglow, I like that you reminded me that they are celestial beings. I need to research that word. What does celestial really mean? And what/who can be included in the celestial group?

Well I looked it up and it merely means out there (in the sky). There are celestial beings and celestial planets.

The word celestial is primarily used to describe things that have to do with the heavens such as angels, spirits, stars and planets. It does not come from words meaning God or soul though, but from the Latin word for sky caelestis, which also gave rise to the word ceiling.

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/celestial

I guess I always associated the word celestial with holy or related to the Creator/God but it isn't. This is getting more confusing as you stated. I know in the angel books I am reading, Lorna, the author has permission to reveal certain things but not others. So the angels are shrouding themselves in mystery.

I always assumed angels were created by the Creator/God. What if they weren't? What if they work in conjunction with the Creator? An alliance. What if, one day, eons ago, they met the Creator and joined forces?
Old 25-09-2018, 10:44 PM
Master

The Ancient Wisdom teaches that there are two streams of evolution, one expressing the purpose of Spirit and one expressing the intelligence of Matter.

Human beings are on the line of evolution of Spirit. The Deva Kingdom is on the line of evolution of Matter.

The Deva Kingdom is composed of myriads of lives, from the smallest elementals (which are units of intelligence which make up all substance) to the fairies, nature spirits, etc, to the greater Devas and up to the Angelic beings.

So we could say that guides are those on the human line of evolution who are more advanced than us and help us as part of their spiritual purpose, while angels are on the devic line of evolution. Angels have their own functions within Creation, but may sometimes intervene in human affairs in response to a need.

Peace.