Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 08-12-2016, 02:04 AM
Knower

I heard that we pre-plan our lives. That's more than enough proof that we can live in any given time period we desire.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:25 AM
Experiencer
Tomorrow you will live in the future too, the future of today. There is no stopping it. It's natural progress.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:27 AM
Knower

That's only while alive. When I die, I'm outside the passage of time, granting me access to either the past or future via the "Eternal now". Once I'm reborn, then time will only move forward from there until I die again. I think that's how time works, outside the metaphysical plane of existence.

Reliving this life and knowing that places like buildings that no longer stand will once stand again, like the World Trade Center will once again stand, until September 11, 2001 unless I prevent 9/11, for example. There was also a house I used to go to in my youth that no longer stands and it was torn down, then there was this speech and hearing clinic that got replaced by an art center, and then there was King's Island Resort, which is also gone, sadly!

So I if I die in 2070 and come back to 1988 again, which would be 1988B, time would resume for me and only go forward from there. When I die again, the cycle resets, going backwards or forward in time will cause time to only move forward while inhabiting a body, the soul isn't restricted by time, from what I've heard. Only the physical body is restricted by time moving forward. Am I right? I hope so!

Think of time as a river; you only flow forward while swimming in it. Once you get out (as in, you die) you're outside the river and you can retrace your steps and enter from the same spot (birth date) and try again but it wouldn't be in the same reality you died in. It'll look identical but the old reality is now out of your reach, forever, assuming there are infinite realities and a multiverse.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:45 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeGood88
I think that's how time works

That is the whole issue: what you think

If you would stop thinking the problem would be over. But stopping to think is not a solution.

There are so many things that I have thought in the past that turned out to be complete nonsense.
And it still happens, that I assume things based on incomplete information that make me think things that turn out to be complete nonsense a little while later.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:48 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogenblue
That is the whole issue: what you think

If you would stop thinking the problem would be over. But stopping to think is not a solution.

There are so many things that I have thought in the past that turned out to be complete nonsense.
And it still happens, that I assume things based on incomplete information that make me think things that turn out to be complete nonsense a little while later.

God, time is so confusing! It makes my head spin.

I refuse to go to the future, I just have a bad feeling. I'm already seeing mankind devolve into "mindless drones", thanks to social media and I rather put up with this stuff again in my next life, instead of that stupid futuristic nonsense that'll be 10X worse! I mean, I fear the day when the government plants chips inside your clothes. It's really scary, just thinking about it and then there's no telling what robots could do to us.

Several years ago (circa 2008) I saw this documentary on The Science Channel about the future called "2057" and it didn't look too bad at the time, but there's no way my childhood in my next life could be based off that. I just prefer the late 80s/early 90s setting from this life and it's much better anyways than "The Jetsons 21XX". The future settings in sci-fi TV shows and films never really depict kids anyways. If they do, it's very rare. Yeah, I know this is real life but sci-fi is getting more closer to reality than we may think.

I mean there was once a time I was obsessed with the future (2004-2014) and from 2008-2014, I wanted to come back as triplet girls in the 22nd century and have a robot take care of us and stuff and it seemed nice (at the time) but now I regret it, I'm just saying! Yeah, maybe the future won't be that bad, but the chances of that are very slim!
Old 08-12-2016, 06:05 AM
Experiencer
You should apply for a job in Hollywood.
You can make a fortune like that.
Old 08-12-2016, 06:17 AM
Knower

Quote:
You should apply for a job in Hollywood.
You can make a fortune like that.
As a matter of fact, I am. I've been trying to pitch an animated series to Disney XD for almost 7 years now. The idea was submitted back in 2012 and my uncle said that they're getting closer to finalizing it.
Old 08-12-2016, 06:21 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
As a matter of fact, I am. I've been trying to pitch an animated series to Disney XD for almost 7 years now. The idea was submitted back in 2012 and my uncle said that they're getting closer to finalizing it.

So now your are trying to get some new inspiration on this forum about a doomed future?
Old 08-12-2016, 06:28 AM
Knower

Quote:
So now your are trying to get some new inspiration on this forum about a doomed future?
I shouldn't really be worrying about it because I'm not going to be reincarnated into the future. I will be reincarnated into a parallel past to this reality.

If you're talking about my TV series, no. Its about a boy who clones himself and becomes superheroes with his other selves. Think Multiplicity meets The Powerpuff Girls.
Old 08-12-2016, 06:41 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
I will be reincarnated into a parallel past to this reality.

Have fun!