Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 21-06-2013, 01:42 AM
CerialKillah

None of us will ever know for sure until we've experience it ourselves.
I do believe in the cycle of life, the spiral & great golden ratio & death doesn't frighten me.... life frightens me more than death.
Old 21-06-2013, 02:04 AM
Knower
I am no expert on the spiritual implications of suicide, but I do have some education and experience on the subject of mental health.

"Mental illness" is a very broad term. To say that something did or did not happen because a person was mentally ill is not much better than saying, "the cause of death was physical illness." Depression is a mental illness, and depressed people are generally quite rational and able to make and carry out complex plans to kill themselves, if they are suicidal.

There are many reasons why someone might kill themselves. Not all suicides are depressed. Some are in physical pain, some are in emotional pain, some are mentally ill -- any blanket statement like "people who kill themselves are selfish" or "people who kill themselves are cowards is likely to be wrong more than it is right.

It is a common misconception that people who talk about suicide are not really going to go through with it. Sure, there are people who talk about it as a cry for help, or even to get attention, or to make others feel guilty, or probably for other reasons. But people who commit suicide usually have talked about it before hand, with someone. If someone tells you they are thinking of suicide, a good question to ask is, "Have you thought about how you would do it? Do you have a plan?" That might seem a little odd, but people who have already planned how they will go about killing themselves are likely to be serious about it.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:22 PM
Master
Has anyone ever seen the movie, "The Gift", with Giovanni Ribisi and Kate Blanchett?

/* spoiler alert */
She is the lead. She plays a psychic and she has gifts of precognition etc., whilst he is her mentally ill/emotionally disturbed friend. He is tormented in his waking life, and at the end we find he took his life at the institution. Meanwhile, he had visited her before crossing over, and saved her life by helping her escape a murderer. At that time, she was unaware he was already physically dead...sorry for the spoiler it's still an amazing film.

But the moving part was how light-filled and lucid his spirit was, having shed the mental and emotional torments of his incarnation. The troubles he was not able to successfully handle here were as nothing to the love and light within, which shone so freely at the end.

I have also heard somewhere recently (can't recall??? but I believe it was something from Lorna Byrne and guardian angels) that someone was asking and was concerned about a sister who suffered from serious depression who'd threatened suicide...

She was told that if a soul did exit out through suicide, they were immediately folded in the arms of their guardian angel, no longer separated from them by 3 steps but who enveloped them and crossed them over straightaway.
Afterward there would be time for healing and reflection.

Very moving, and of some comfort I hope.

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 01-07-2013, 11:33 PM
Super Moderator
I had a very good plan, and thought about it for years even though I was not depressed. I planned it to the last detail. I called it my "plan B".
I meant to put it into action if ever I was diagnosed with a terminal illness, once I had done everything which needed to be done here, and was ready. Once things got to the stage where I was living on Morphine more than food and water.
As unfortunately Humans are not given the option of euthanasia, as are dogs and our beloved fur-companions. We would not watch a dog howling and writhing, or in so much torture, we would "put it to sleep".
That's what I wanted for myself. So while I was happy to live life to the full, I liked having that "plan B". It felt good.

Now I am unsure....about the ramifications of that. I cannot know for sure. I feel in my heart of hearts that there is compassion and love for those who decide to take their own lives. But does it change the journey of a Soul in any way? Does it re-route the Soul's journey in some way?...I can't know.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:17 AM
Master

Tobi that's a very good question.

And my answer would be that the journey of the Soul cannot be tampered with.

If you are meant to survive your "plan B" you indeed will. If you are meant to pass via your Plan B or some other way, you will.

Keep your Plan B. I will have mine - in the form of a DNR (Do Not Ressusicate). If my Soul is meant to over-ride a heart-attack, it will, if it isn't - someone will be unaware of my DNR, or my body will over-ride it or something will intervene.

Modern medicine has come on a long way and many of us would have passed a long time ago had it not been for medicine. I feel we have been born into an era where these things are availablel and our Souls know exactly what there is on hand on earth to sustain life.