Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 02-02-2016, 07:05 PM
Newbie ;)

questions about soulmates and twin flames

since I found this forum a few days ago, i've been reading through some threads on here and I find this whole thing about soulmates and twin flames very interesting. But I have two questions though that I hope someone can answer... i'm sorry if these are stupid questions but except from reading a little about soulmates before, i'm new to this stuff.

first of all I wonder, do you need to believe in reincarnation to believe in soulmates and twin flames and such? Because it seems everywhere I read about it, it also talks about reincarnation. I've never really been into that because i'm a Christian and believe in going to heaven and all that. So i'm just wondering if you can believe in soulmates and twin flames without believing in reincarnation? i'm clueless here.

Also another thing i'm seeing is that it seems like many aren't happy to have their twin flame that they are trying to distance themself from them and i might be misunderstanding things but this is my impression of what i've seen myself. Can someone explain that to me?
Old 02-02-2016, 07:09 PM
Suspended

No you don't have to believe in reincarnation. You only have to believe in yourself and I think it's probably good to believe in love, especially unconditional love for yourself and others. You don't have to believe in anything anyone else tells you; you don't even have to believe in god if god is not in your belief system. Best for you to follow your own heart and intuition, always. Good to understand this early before you go crazy watching videos and reading stuff here and on websites. Take what resonates with you and leave the rest behind. Even what I am telling you ;)

Yes it seems many people have made the decision to move on from their twin flame and they do their best to "let go" and move on with their lives and they do let go of the hope for reunion. Some others choose to do the opposite, living the best life possible while holding the TF very close to them and having faith in reunion.

In the end we all have free will to make our own personal choices.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:36 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticalheart
first of all I wonder, do you need to believe in reincarnation to believe in soulmates and twin flames and such? Because it seems everywhere I read about it, it also talks about reincarnation. I've never really been into that because i'm a Christian and believe in going to heaven and all that. So i'm just wondering if you can believe in soulmates and twin flames without believing in reincarnation? i'm clueless here.

I don't mean to divert from your questions but one of the most revered and respected 'fathers' of the early Christian church believed in the transmigration of souls (the notion of past lives) - his name was Origen. Also, most people do not conceive of reincarnation as some neverending cycle of human lifetimes that follow one immediately after the other.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:02 PM
Seeker

About your second question. Honestly, I think the couples who are truely happy together aren't very active on this site. And are instead just enjoying their lives :).
Old 02-02-2016, 08:48 PM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Also another thing i'm seeing is that it seems like many aren't happy to have their twin flame that they are trying to distance themself from them and i might be misunderstanding things but this is my impression of what i've seen myself. Can someone explain that to me?

Here is my personal take on this. Imagine you have been in very dark cell for a decade. Suddenly you are thrust into the sunlight. Until you adapt, the shock and sensory overload would be tremendous and you would cover your eyes and retreat hastily.

For me, it was like being thrust before God. Even though my TF was a normal person, suddenly all of my flaws were exposed in great clarity; at the same time I saw her divine beauty with equal clarity.

It was w-a-y TOO MUCH!

Also, you should know, I never prepared or looked for this. It just happened. And no, I don't believe in either reincarnation nor an afterlife. I just know what I went through and arrived here because of the similarity with other's experiences.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:01 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveistruth
No you don't have to believe in reincarnation. You only have to believe in yourself and I think it's probably good to believe in love, especially unconditional love for yourself and others. You don't have to believe in anything anyone else tells you; you don't even have to believe in god if god is not in your belief system. Best for you to follow your own heart and intuition, always. Good to understand this early before you go crazy watching videos and reading stuff here and on websites. Take what resonates with you and leave the rest behind. Even what I am telling you ;)

Yes it seems many people have made the decision to move on from their twin flame and they do their best to "let go" and move on with their lives and they do let go of the hope for reunion. Some others choose to do the opposite, living the best life possible while holding the TF very close to them and having faith in reunion.

In the end we all have free will to make our own personal choices.

Thank you for explaining :) What do you mean with reunion, though? What does that mean?
Old 03-02-2016, 03:11 AM
Master
Reunion can be with self n ultimately the higher power/consciencenes/ God/universe
But I think in the above is was meant with tf. Melding in all levels
Old 03-02-2016, 03:19 AM
Suspended
Guide
Reunion means getting over the initial shock and raising your vibration level (working on the things in your psyche that need healing and attending to) so that in the next meeting, the shock will be greatly diminished until there is a more closely matched energy between the two and they can revel in each other without fear of being inadequate or needy or whatever issue(s) needed to be addressed.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:00 PM
Suspended

Reunion meaning eventually you get back together in "real life" with this person you loved who is now gone from you. This comes after balancing thoughts, intentions, beliefs, etc.

I do not buy into all of the stuff about "reunion can mean reunion with yourself or the divine" like this person was just a catalyst. But others do believe this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticalheart
Thank you for explaining :) What do you mean with reunion, though? What does that mean?
Old 04-02-2016, 02:20 AM
Newbie ;)

Thank you all for your explanations and input on this, I understand a bit more now :)