Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 04-12-2012, 12:24 AM
Likes2Read

One more Moldavite on the way... and Nuummite

I've had one particular piece of Moldavite on my eBay watch list since forever, and it was coming up on the end of its long "buy it now" auction. Its seller has a high rating (like 99.9%) with lots of reviews, and is selling all sorts of different minerals, not just Moldavite. So I finally bit the bullet and got the piece I've been looking at since forever, since it seems like this seller is more rockhound than new-age supplier. No offense to the honest New Age suppliers, of course. But some of them mark up their stones an awful lot, or create artificial scarcity by insisting that some stones are rare that are actually common. When I see that, I head the other way.

Anyway, I noticed a nice Nuummite wand from the same seller. I haven't got any Nuummite yet, I really liked that wand, and since Nuummite is a stone that helps us realize our personal power, I figured that was a superb material to make a wand from.

I'm a big wand fan anyway, as I designed some quartz-and-glass wire-wrapped ones for my own personal use, and make them for Etsy as well. So even though this particular stone is a different style than the kind of wand I normally use, it looks like a fabulous tool and I'll be more than happy to add it to my Stone Family. :)
Old 04-12-2012, 12:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Likes2Read
I've had one particular piece of Moldavite on my eBay watch list since forever, and it was coming up on the end of its long "buy it now" auction. Its seller has a high rating (like 99.9%) with lots of reviews, and is selling all sorts of different minerals, not just Moldavite. So I finally bit the bullet and got the piece I've been looking at since forever, since it seems like this seller is more rockhound than new-age supplier. No offense to the honest New Age suppliers, of course. But some of them mark up their stones an awful lot, or create artificial scarcity by insisting that some stones are rare that are actually common. When I see that, I head the other way.

Anyway, I noticed a nice Nuummite wand from the same seller. I haven't got any Nuummite yet, I really liked that wand, and since Nuummite is a stone that helps us realize our personal power, I figured that was a superb material to make a wand from.

I'm a big wand fan anyway, as I designed some quartz-and-glass wire-wrapped ones for my own personal use, and make them for Etsy as well. So even though this particular stone is a different style than the kind of wand I normally use, it looks like a fabulous tool and I'll be more than happy to add it to my Stone Family. :)

Whom is the seller if you don't mind me asking? I always have my Nuummite piece with me as well, it's wonderful for grounding and protection. It's basically the oldest mineral on Earth to our knowledge so of course it's good for grounding us to the Earth energetically. I am just curious about who the seller is at this point, and congrats on buying the piece. Have any pictures?
Old 04-12-2012, 03:09 AM
Likes2Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
Whom is the seller if you don't mind me asking? I always have my Nuummite piece with me as well, it's wonderful for grounding and protection. It's basically the oldest mineral on Earth to our knowledge so of course it's good for grounding us to the Earth energetically. I am just curious about who the seller is at this point, and congrats on buying the piece. Have any pictures?
Let's see if this works...

Man, it's hard to find the link to the images when there's a "mouse over to see detail" feature on the page. I found the link to that one by way of the "view source" method, but I can't find the link to the pic of the reverse side. The seller is miner640.

He hasn't got much in the way of moldavite, though, except some pendants. He seems to focus on a pretty broad spectrum of stones, rather than just one mineral (or a few minerals).
Old 04-12-2012, 02:30 AM
Master
Lukas said he's adding new Moldavite to his site tomorrow! I am excited! I am already about to order a piece on there going to wait until tomorrow to see what else he adds as well. Hopefully the last 500$ my business partner owes me clears tomorrow so I can send it to my bank account with the other 1,000$.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:59 AM
Master
Ah I honestly haven't heard of him but the Moldavite looks real to me. I hope it's everything you hoped it was. I am ordering myself a piece of super rare colored Moldavite, it's not very appealing texture wise or surface wise or anything but the color only occurs in about 1 out of thousands of Moldavites depending on the locality.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:06 AM
Likes2Read

I definitely looked at a lot of online images before deciding that this piece appeared genuine. There are crooks out there.

In the course of my searching, I ran across one dealer who had a bunch of "Moldavite" that was ALL curved planes, as though they had been cut from a cylinder. Or, I thought, they could've come from a glass bottle. I gave that dealer a wide berth.

When dealing with the metaphysical, we have to remember the old saying: keep an open mind, but not SO wide open that your brain falls out. :)

In this case of this dealer, I compared this stone's image to that of other Moldavite. Then I looked at the dealer's rep (very solid), and at his other offerings (also legitimate stones at reasonable prices). If he'd failed any of those three tests, I'd have taken my Moldavite search elsewhere.

That's about as careful as we can be, without seeing the item in person first.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:28 AM
Neville

Nuummite

Don't leave home without it. (Rubbish ad line I heard somewhere)

I cannot begin to extol the virtues (in my opinion) of Nuummite , One of the oldest Stones on Earth, aged between 4 and 4 and a half Billion Years it was there in the very infancy of our Planet.. "The Stone of the Sorcerer" is the romantic epithet that has been ascribed to it. As far as protection from negativity goes, Nuummite is the bees knees(arguably the best you can get for protection as it is said to send negativity back to it's source ,even the most advanced and highest ill wisher is not protected from having their subtle machinations of fell intent returned to the mind that contrived them.)

Anyhow, I said I could not extol the virtues enough so I will not even try here.

Suffice to say..Well done for getting some.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Master

Any nuummite recommended sellers or pieces on Ebay or elsewhere? It sounds a must-buy?

THe sort of pieces I like are about the size of a plum, and I prefer rough to polished.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
Any nuummite recommended sellers or pieces on Ebay or elsewhere? It sounds a must-buy?

THe sort of pieces I like are about the size of a plum, and I prefer rough to polished.

Belle I bought my Nuumite from Crystal delights uk ~ have a google her pieces are less on her home page than on her ebay page .

Also if your in London its good to know a brilliant shop called Charlies rock shop which is at Merton Abby mills Collierswood / Wimbledon . Charlies prices are whole sale prices very reasonable. He is the best seller at the Rock and Gem shows in the Uk .

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Likes2Read

The pictures that I've seen of Nuummite (which I haven't met in person yet) seem to show a stone that has sparkly inclusions. If it looks like what I think it looks like, you're more likely to find polished stones than rough ones, because that's going to really help to "bring out" those inclusions and help them sparkle all the more.

Rough Moldavite shouldn't be too hard to come by, however. Just be sure that the dealer is reputable. And compare the size and weight of stones on their site with the prices of stones on other, known-as-reputable sites. Then you'll have an idea if you're paying a fair price.

My one other hint is to look first at dealers whose target customers seem to be rock and mineral collectors. They seem to have more reasonable prices, in my experience. And there are some (some, not all) New-Age-oriented sites that really seem to attach a significant markup to their prices.

If you see a site that insists on adding elaborate backstories to their stones, in order to jack up prices, give that seller a miss. Doubly so if it's a backstory that's really not verifiable by any third party ("My neighbor's sister's guru had a mystical vision and spirits from the Nematodes told him about these stones... they're from meteorites that came from broken-up bits of the Planet Sargon...")

Real stones have real energies. They don't need all kinds of fancy trappings to work. They just do. And unfortunately, most of the fancy trappings I've seen on vendors' sites seem to be accompanied by a price hike. So shopping requires keeping an open mind, but no so far open that the brain falls out.

JMO, YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary), and all that good stuff.