Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Electronic Communication

Old 12-07-2013, 07:22 PM
Experiencer

I haven't watched TV for over two years now. I used to be a bit of a telly addict and feel much better now. For me I would say that watching TV is a form of spiritual alienation.

But since everything is God then this shouldn't really be the case. Since everything is God then even the TV is God and no harm can come to you from watching it.

This sounds good in theory. But by this reasoning then alcohol and heroin etc would be okay too.

Maybe in order for me to watch TV safely I would need to be so enlightened that I would never even consider wasting my time watching it.

I guess it all depends on the individual.
Old 13-07-2013, 06:16 PM
Master

I watch it for time out, relaxation, entertainment -

For sure it does zombify me and particularly some of the telly I watch is inane but it is lovely to be able to relax as such.
Old 14-07-2013, 05:06 AM
dragonflywings

I only watch tv shows that I download now. I watch the news and get scared about things that may never affect me. I watch ads and want things I would never need. There's reality shows that are anything but real showing people I have no interest in knowing about. Tv can be limiting to what will sell ads for the network. I prefer to seek out what I enjoy and I am much happier not watching television stations. A few television shows actually began my path to awakening. Just as with everything in life-keep the balance.
Old 21-01-2014, 02:10 PM
n2mec

Guess, you could find evil in anything kind of social media, but when do we rise above our own harm. Pain comes in may ways/fashions, physical, mental, emotion. TV is no more harmful than a kitchen knife, that's if you know how to use it.

For me, a boat anchor it works great.
Old 30-01-2014, 02:16 AM
Clarebear80

I gotta say I don't think they do considering I lost my connection to my guide following illness only to discover whilst watching a property program on my sky plus box my guide spoke my name to get my attention twice. I have it saved to my box now as evidence of the amazing ways in which spirits find to connect
Old 01-02-2014, 12:45 PM
Knower

About a year ago I was watching TV one morning. It was a rerun of one of SyFy's Paranormal Witness episodes that I had taped to DVR.

Our remote control has a feature that lets you skip 10 second blocks when you press a button, perfect for skipping through commericals. As the show was coming up on a break, they showed (dramatization) items being moved in a house to scare the mom while her kids were sleeping, then went to commecials.

Just as I start to flip through the commecials, I was thinking to myself how can something move items like that. Just a second later as I am skipping through the taping, I hear the TV say, "They....are.....not......human.". WTH?????

When you are skipping through the commericals, every skip brings you out in play mode, so you are hearing the words from the TV. So I thought that maybe it was just the sequence of me skipping through the commecials that I caught 4 words by coincidence that sounded like the TV was answering my thought question.

Except when I tried several times to recreate what happened, I could not. I even watched the commericals through to see if the word human was said and it wasn't, but I clearly heard it.

Was it a spirit guide or guardian angel using the TV to answer my question? Was there a spirit/ghost there with me who read my mind to answer me? I have no idea to this day. Freaky, but since I became a paranormal investigator, nothing surprises me anymore.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:19 AM
primrose

That is strange Spirit Seeker, I hav'nt read all the posts, so don't know if it's already been mentioned, I got an e-mail that states that all tv sets made after 1995 have a built in (I forget what it was called) but it can see us while we are watching it.I think of that whenever my tv is on.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:51 PM
Ascender
No harm ever came to me from watching tv. I've never once felt influenced by tv. My spirituality hasn't been affected at all.
Old 16-02-2014, 12:43 PM
MrKappa

Yes, I believe TV desensitizes us if we allow the television to absorb the majority of our experiences.