Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 30-03-2013, 12:00 PM
Bluegreen

@ Greenslade & @ psychoslice

Yesterday I was reading about karma in a book by Dolores Cannon titled Between death and life. As you may know Cannon "interviews" clients under deep hypnosis, a level of hypnosis she calls "somnambulist." At that level she communicates with one entity no matter who or where her clients happen to be.

According to this entity it is the creating of karma that causes the universe to go on.
Karma, the law of cause and effect, does not mean that a murderer is murdered in a future life by the victim. The murderer's karma can be balanced in other ways. "Karma is a natural cycle that you can grow and develop through to become your ultimate self."

Can we stop from acting? Acts cannot be separated from reactions and that is the creating of karma. "Just the act of breathing works out karma."
Old 30-03-2013, 02:47 PM
Guide
Karma exists only on the human single plane.
In pure light and truth.
Krishna.
Old 30-03-2013, 03:50 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishna
Karma exists only on the human single plane.
In pure light and truth.
Krishna.

There is action and reaction on all levels. If that were not so, as you believe krishna, all spiritual realms would be static.
Old 30-03-2013, 04:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
Is reincarnation perhaps a construct like linear time?

You raise great points Bluegreen. You're absolutely right that reincarnation, as a concept of "past lives" doesn't square with the eternal Now idea. And it does seem as if they are accessible always, so it would probably be more accurate to think of us as living many existences simultaneously.

And it invalidates the idea of creating "karma" that needs to be undone "later".

Good points.

Lora
Old 30-03-2013, 04:34 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker

You raise great points Bluegreen. You're absolutely right that reincarnation, as a concept of "past lives" doesn't square with the eternal Now idea. And it does seem as if they are accessible always, so it would probably be more accurate to think of us as living many existences simultaneously.

And it invalidates the idea of creating "karma" that needs to be undone "later".

Good points.

Lora

On the other hand, Lora, if karma is the law that says that action begets reaction then no matter what we do=action, it will always beget a reaction whether on earth or elsewhere. Everything is energy in varying degrees of frequency and it is in motion whether here or in the eternal now. No thing is static and without movement. A piece of wood seems static but it isn't. It is energy at such a low frequency that it appears motionless.

It seems paradoxical but that is because I cannot imagine what the eternal now is, how it works.
Old 31-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Master
IDK, Bluegreen, I would think that every action has an effect but I'm not so sure it's always a reaction to another action. Therefore, if I understand the eternal Now concept, there is change happening, but it results in what is now. Even the word "change" requires a past, so I'm not so sure, in our deeply-embedded time-frame of reference, we can even discuss this without those concepts being behind every word.

But lately, I don't seem to be able to do headspace concepts so well. And so I take by that, that I shouldn't try!!

Lora
Old 31-03-2013, 07:42 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
IDK, Bluegreen, I would think that every action has an effect but I'm not so sure it's always a reaction to another action. Therefore, if I understand the eternal Now concept, there is change happening, but it results in what is now. Even the word "change" requires a past, so I'm not so sure, in our deeply-embedded time-frame of reference, we can even discuss this without those concepts being behind every word.

But lately, I don't seem to be able to do headspace concepts so well. And so I take by that, that I shouldn't try!!

Lora

I'm not doing any better than you when it comes to understanding "eternal now." I do understand however that action begets reaction, action results in an effect, a domino effect even since everything is connected. I see it as a pebble dropped in a lake will displace all the water in the lake.
Old 31-03-2013, 08:40 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
I do understand however that action begets reaction, action results in an effect, a domino effect even since everything is connected. I see it as a pebble dropped in a lake will displace all the water in the lake.

But in an eternal now, there is no begetting or effecting or resulting. It all happens at the same time, doesn't it? Or am I not understanding it?

The pebble. The drop. The ripple. All right now.

A few years ago, I had an experience of the 'present moment' where everything occurred. It was pretty awesome.

So karma - as cause & effect - becomes redundant in an eternal now. There is no following one from the other - they happen simultaneously.

Or something like that.
Old 31-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Neville

On the face of it, an eternal now sounds like something of a bind.
Old 31-03-2013, 08:50 PM
Master
Quite correct Squat, and might I also say, beautifully put