Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

View Poll Results: Does the link describe you well?
Yes, it's very accurate 2 14.29%
Yes, it describes me well 5 35.71%
No, it doesn't describe me well 7 50.00%
No, it's totally off 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2019, 11:01 PM
Master
Astrology and meditation

Please read this link, and then answer the poll: https://astrology.com.au/blog/medita...your-star-sign

Does it describe you well..? I generally am skeptical about signs and astrology, but signs aside, I think we are all unique and one spiritual practice doesn't work the same for person A as it will do for person B. There's no ''one way'' that works for everyone. It described me well, I'm an aries and I do NEED physical activity, and I often find being in that moment far more exciting, pleasurable, and even timeless than meditating while sitting cross legged..

What about YOU..?
Old 12-05-2019, 09:34 AM
Master
No, it doesn't describe me well. I'm like you. I need to be physically active. My moon sign seems to have a strong influence and my planets are filled with fire and air signs. So their is a lot of that fiery, passionate side to me hidden behind a calm exterior.

My most meditative experiences occurred while running. But like the crab that i am, being by water also has a calming, meditative effect on me. Its no wonder i feel so alive and aware when i'm running by water. Like by a beach or bay.
Old 12-05-2019, 01:31 PM
Master
I am not skeptical about astrology, nor about signs. I can, however, be skeptical of a website / author and this seems to be one of those.
The fact that something doesn't resonate doesn't mean the science is incorrect. Usually it means the interpreter is.

I am Taurus, can relate to the calming, grounding, soothing effect of being in nature. I love to be in woods, and also sit near a body of fresh water. Not into beaches and sea.

But what I don't really get is "traditional meditation". What the heck do they mean with that?
If that means sitting to watch a rock grow, or sitting and chanting "Ohm" for hours or sitting to empty your mind, nope, not me! Not at all. I haven't the patience for it nor does it suit me.
I always do visualisations.
Apart from that, spending time in nature is healing, as is gardening. Gardening is usually to get upset-ness out of my system, hihi.

In short: I don't know. Partially it sure is correct. The other part I don't know (Traditional meditation).
Old 12-05-2019, 09:38 PM
Master
hmmm well like others have nitpicked at the article I do have to add that generalizations based on Sun signs are not often all that accurate, and I am not sure what the Libra section is saying about Gemini ruling my 9th house because it doesn't? based on my Ascendant of Pisces in the last 29th degree I have Sagittarius in my 9th house, so that is the opposite sign of Gemini and I just don't know what the author is talking about there and obviously they don't either.. but all that aside I did benefit from reading something it said about Libra..

it's not letting me copy and paste so I guess I have to describe it in my own typed words lol.. it's strange that Libra is a sign of non-emotion in a sense, but it hints that we may tend to let our emotions get the best of us as we try to understand and analyze them in a way that essentially gets us wrapped up in emotional overhaul.. and I have a stellium in Scorpio water in addition to my Pisces Ascendant so I'm naturally more emotional than typical Libras but anyways.. the article talks about how I may look for too much meaning and such in things and I think I do get in my own way and am so indecisive in this sense that it prevents me from doing or starting a lot of things I really want to or feel deep down I should. including spiritual practices like meditation.

it suggests I start with deep breathing and yoga which will help calm and center me and enable me to pursue meditation more easily and that resonates with me cuz similar to Fairy Crystal I'm all like uh what the hail is meditation exactly lol and try to define it and investigate all the odds and ends and potentials of it so I don't do it.. I have tried but my mind races a lot but I guess it's a way of training your mind to be more still and non-invasive which is exactly what I need. So I kind of came to the conclusion that meditation is just an act of being and not letting your mind or other things rule you. which our ideal state doesn't involve all that extra baggage anyway..
I do like to busy myself doing things too, even if it's just watching tv so my mind is occupied and not pestering me for a while lol.. and I love immersing myself in nature as Fairy Crystal talks about. with my North Node in Taurus it's my destiny to be more like that
Old 12-05-2019, 11:56 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I am not skeptical about astrology, nor about signs. I can, however, be skeptical of a website / author and this seems to be one of those.
The fact that something doesn't resonate doesn't mean the science is incorrect. Usually it means the interpreter is.

I am Taurus, can relate to the calming, grounding, soothing effect of being in nature. I love to be in woods, and also sit near a body of fresh water. Not into beaches and sea.

But what I don't really get is "traditional meditation". What the heck do they mean with that?
If that means sitting to watch a rock grow, or sitting and chanting "Ohm" for hours or sitting to empty your mind, nope, not me! Not at all. I haven't the patience for it nor does it suit me.
I always do visualisations.
Apart from that, spending time in nature is healing, as is gardening. Gardening is usually to get upset-ness out of my system, hihi.

In short: I don't know. Partially it sure is correct. The other part I don't know (Traditional meditation).

Hi FairyCrystal,
I am also a Taurus and I also do visualizations, but mostly about horrible/bad things, for example accidents.
I think meditation made me more sensitive for violence, and this is the reason I do not watch movies with violence anymore.
I did try to do some of the visualizations on YouTube, without success.
I remember as a teenager being able to fantasize about a lot of nice things.
Do you have tips/advice for me to learn to do positive/nice visualizations again.

Last edited by Taking a Break : 13-05-2019 at 12:48 AM.
Old 13-05-2019, 08:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking a Break
Hi FairyCrystal,
I am also a Taurus and I also do visualizations, but mostly about horrible/bad things, for example accidents.
I think meditation made me more sensitive for violence, and this is the reason I do not watch movies with violence anymore.
I did try to do some of the visualizations on YouTube, without success.
I remember as a teenager being able to fantasize about a lot of nice things.
Do you have tips/advice for me to learn to do positive/nice visualizations again.
Find a renowned person for it. I never do meditations of YouTube. I'm not going to open my energy system and mind if I am not sure someone is reliable.
If you easily have negativity come up then this is in your own system so work on that. Why is that? What is the cause of it? Do you hold on to fear, live in fear, expecting the worst to happen most of the time? Why? What's the cause?
And so on.
I used to see things as a kid, not anymore, but that's how I know I am actually clairvoyant. When my defenses were down, like when ill, I saw all kinds of horrible things.
Maybe you had a similar thing and that kept you in fear for opening up and seeing bad things again.

Check your root chakra. In a way I feel it's blocked, and with what you describe -however brief the info-, that could fit a blocked root.

I also fantasized a lot as a kid, vivid imagination. That's why visualizations come so easily for me :) And why it suits me so well.
Old 13-05-2019, 10:21 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Find a renowned person for it.
I never do meditations of YouTube.
I'm not going to open my energy system and mind if I am not sure someone is reliable.

If you easily have negativity come up then this is in your own system so work on that.
Why is that?
What is the cause of it?
Do you hold on to fear, live in fear, expecting the worst to happen most of the time?
Why?
What's the cause?
And so on.

I used to see things as a kid, not anymore, but that's how I know I am actually clairvoyant.
When my defenses were down, like when ill, I saw all kinds of horrible things.
Maybe you had a similar thing and that kept you in fear for opening up and seeing bad things again.

Check your root chakra.
In a way I feel it's blocked, and with what you describe -however brief the info-, that could fit a blocked root.

I also fantasized a lot as a kid, vivid imagination.
That's why visualizations come so easily for me :) And why it suits me so well.

Yes you are right, I have some negativity about social and economic insecurities I ignore but have to work on.
Thank you very much!
Old 14-05-2019, 02:18 PM
Master
In all fairness I think that the write ups for each star sign are too generic. So to be me it's totally off. I like to meditate in an eclectic style, using different styles, such as visualisation, zen meditation etc...
Old 14-05-2019, 02:23 PM
Master
Great posts! I generally agree, it's generic. It's just funny that in this case, for me, it's very accurate, haha..
What was said is basically the conclusion I made after doing 'traditional' meditation for a year, which I see as sitting down cross legged and going into silence (no visualizations). It seems other practices do more for me, and there's a negative side effect IMO to meditation, at least this sort, in that it can make lead to a docile feeling and that I find just isn't useful at all. It's not for me..
Old 15-05-2019, 04:46 PM
Knower
I'm a Cancer, and the article says I have Pisces in my 9th house. My natal chart says I have Taurus in my 9th house. Huh. This article contains some truth, as do all things, but I really had to cherry-pick to find what truly resonates me. And then I couldn't copy the text to paste it here because they seem to blck copying. Personally, I distrust any website that doesn't support freedom of information. Distrust does not equal disregard though.

From my experience, Aries and Taurus tend to find their "newspaper horoscopes" fairly accurate. This is the case with my husband and his mother. Very little about Cancer rings true for me, unless it takes the rest of my chart into consideration. Then it all clicks into place. This also seems to be the case with other Cancers I've known, often resulting in total skepticism of astrology.

As for "traditional" meditation, I have mixed feelings. On one hand, I greatly enjoy the feeling of silence and stillness, if I can indeed achieve that. On the other hand, I find it difficult to stay still. I have too many household duties. Meditation usually results in a somewhat embarrassment trance-like state in which I sway, twitch, and make occasional squeaks or moans. Not that I necessarily mind this, but I probably look like I'm having a seizure.

Gardening is "meditative" to me. It feels like that same trance-like state, but I'm also feeding my family with the plants I raise. Digging in the dirt with my bare hands or a small shovel is especially therapeutic. The closer to the earth, deeper in the dirt, the better. Feeding a fire also has a similar effect. Every leaf, twig, and log, broken down into the dust from which it came, releases a massive burst of energy that simply mesmerizes me.