Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 11-02-2013, 03:17 PM
Master

Longer incarnations

I am just seeing lots of posts questioning why we choose to incarnate and many 'wanting to go home', I wrote an article on it coincidentally last night.

I feel that we go in with the same intentions but society nowadays is so more complex and the goals we set out to achieve take longer and are harder to resolve. I recall asking a reader a couple of years ago, why my life was one thing after another challenge, she replied, " You asked for them!" I rolled my eyes then realised I had, but thought I could deal with them more efficiently as I could have when that decision was made. The world has more distractions and complications than it did 2 centuries ago. We simply did not account for this, hence the discontent and disillusionment.

Just my thoughts..
Old 11-02-2013, 03:38 PM
Master

There is the opposite possibility too. The world has exploded the last two centuries in terms of access to information of all kinds. Whereas once spiritual development could be found in a lifetime in a monastery or reading a holy book over and over as the decades went by, we have a library beyond all compare literally at out fingertips. We can learn so fast all of a sudden, grasp things and build on them in a month where we two centuries ago would have spent our whole lives on the same amount.... and reach conclusions most of us never could have seen before.

I see the past with new eyes now. I see timelines and event horizons, I see the cogwheels and who makes them turn and why. I see my designated place in it all. And I am NOT amused.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:51 PM
Master

I agree in some respects WW, but also spiritual awareness not religion based as it was is more prevalent.
Some WANT an awakening, some believe they have when they haven't- myself included, I thought I was through the open door, when the door is only just ajar and I haven't even stepped through yet..

Before we never had access to question our purpose whilst we do now.. many people were illiterate or had no books, people worked and freedom of speech was limited.

Maybe we should not try too hard to understand.. I have asked for guidance and others to help.. all tell me .. its not for me to know - only when I am ready and no other reader will have access. 4 have tried and said they were deliberately blocked.
So, I understand I have to accept, embrace, have faith and not to try to understand and plan as much as I want to.
As Lawton said its like going into an exam knowing the questions and answers, what would be the point?
Old 11-02-2013, 05:41 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by froebellian
Some WANT an awakening, some believe they have when they haven't- myself included, I thought I was through the open door, when the door is only just ajar and I haven't even stepped through yet..

Before we never had access to question our purpose whilst we do now.. many people were illiterate or had no books, people worked and freedom of speech was limited.

Maybe we should not try too hard to understand.. I have asked for guidance and others to help.. all tell me .. its not for me to know - only when I am ready and no other reader will have access. 4 have tried and said they were deliberately blocked.
So, I understand I have to accept, embrace, have faith and not to try to understand and plan as much as I want to.
As Lawton said its like going into an exam knowing the questions and answers, what would be the point?

I describe the world of today as being kind of more dense than what I remembered it to be in the 18th century. It might be because more dwell their thoughts on questions like: what is life? what is the purpose of life? I call humans for heavy conscious beings creating a dense reality.

Some would say that there is nothing to wake up from because you are already awake and you just have to realize it. Others might say that awakening is a constant process as there is always a new reality to wake up to. And so on...

Freedom of speech to some is limited today while it might not have been in centuries past. It all depends on the certain incarnation and the circumstances of it. I have had lives where if I wanted I could basically say and do whatever I wanted, the modern society I live in today is far more restricted.

I agree that life is far easier when we just take part of it than when we try to understand it. What I have come to is that life is not something you can ever truly understand as what life is changes with how you perceive it, so it rarely stay the same for very long courses of time.
Old 18-03-2013, 05:06 PM
LotusRise

Quote:
Originally Posted by froebellian
I am just seeing lots of posts questioning why we choose to incarnate and many 'wanting to go home', I wrote an article on it coincidentally last night.

I feel that we go in with the same intentions but society nowadays is so more complex and the goals we set out to achieve take longer and are harder to resolve. I recall asking a reader a couple of years ago, why my life was one thing after another challenge, she replied, " You asked for them!" I rolled my eyes then realised I had, but thought I could deal with them more efficiently as I could have when that decision was made. The world has more distractions and complications than it did 2 centuries ago. We simply did not account for this, hence the discontent and disillusionment.

Just my thoughts..

I think we accounted for it. I think we knew the exact time period we were going to incarnate in and what would be happening during that time. The time period we live in has a huge bearing on our ability to achieve our individualized life purpose. That's why we chose to be born during that time. And it's also why we choose not to live past a certain point. There is nothing more for us to learn after a certain date. Not for the purposes of that particular incarnation, anyway.

For Martin Luther King Jr. to have achieved his life purpose, I don't think it would've served him to have been born in The Confederacy in the 1800s. He needed to be born during a time where, as he got older, the climate was just right for the kind of energy and change he wanted to bring.