Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 26-08-2015, 04:11 PM
Knower
I think we, at first, look how we so choose to look. But as we grow in wisdom, or decrease in it (for the hellish), our appearances change as well. I think that's an obvious way for others to see where we are at in our spirituality and it they are compatible with us as spirits. From all of my understandings, there is no such thing as 'hiding' your true beliefs or "manipulating" others in the afterlife the way we do here *(how we present ourselves vs how we really feel), and I believe this is one of the way. My thoughts, anyway. Influenced by Swedenborg, of course lol.

Death is simply a passage into another world--Emanuel Swedenborg
Old 26-08-2015, 04:18 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvsouth1111
I think we, at first, look how we so choose to look. But as we grow in wisdom, or decrease in it (for the hellish), our appearances change as well. I think that's an obvious way for others to see where we are at in our spirituality and it they are compatible with us as spirits. From all of my understandings, there is no such thing as 'hiding' your true beliefs or "manipulating" others in the afterlife the way we do here *(how we present ourselves vs how we really feel), and I believe this is one of the way. My thoughts, anyway. Influenced by Swedenborg, of course lol.
Indeed, as soon as I started reading your post it immediately reminded me of the perspective of the Swedish mystic, theologian, and scientist, Emanuel Swedenborg, that many refer to as "The Father of Modern Day Spiritualism."

Old 26-08-2015, 04:40 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avadar
Indeed, as soon as I started reading your post it immediately reminded me of the perspective of the Swedish mystic, theologian, and scientist, Emanuel Swedenborg, that many refer to as "The Father of Modern Day Spiritualism."

He has absolutely changed me and I am so much more in tune with my spirtuality and God since I discovered him 7 months ago. Can't get enough! Just the things he says 'rings a bell' in my spirit, like a familiarity of things I knew but had long forgotten. I'm really surprised to hear someone else knows of him! I've been trying to tell everyone about him. His theology has changed many lives. Mine for sure!

Death is simply a passage into another world--Emanuel Swedenborg
Old 26-08-2015, 05:16 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvsouth1111
He has absolutely changed me and I am so much more in tune with my spirituality and God since I discovered him 7 months ago. Can't get enough! Just the things he says 'rings a bell' in my spirit, like a familiarity of things I knew but had long forgotten. I'm really surprised to hear someone else knows of him! I've been trying to tell everyone about him. His theology has changed many lives. Mine for sure!
Emanuel Swedenborg is very well known and his books, like Heaven and Hell, are still being published. You will also find his works mentioned and discussed on YouTube. Moreover, a church was established after his death. For a local affiliate, you might want to check this out.

Hmmm...not sure how far down the rabbit hole you wish to go with this, but the next life of that soul has already occurred and was as a spiritual woman who died young. After death she became my main Spirit Guide, starting in the early 1980s. This is one of the reasons why I was drawn to learning about Emanuel Swedenborg. Her theology and spiritual understanding now is more advanced than what was espoused when she was Emanuel.

If the above is sufficient, then I leave you with that. If you want to learn more, send me a private message.
Old 26-08-2015, 10:41 PM
Burntfruit

I guess it is what inside that counts.
Old 26-08-2015, 10:44 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntfruit
I guess it is what inside that counts.
Yes indeed, and made obvious for each after leaving the flesh and returning to The Light.
Old 30-08-2015, 03:25 PM
Ascender
Spirits looks healthest and young. If they died elderly they should be youthful and fit again even better looking than they were alive. Muscular spirits should be muscular. In fact, skinny or fat people would be healthy and look very attractive, athletic and muscled as spirits.
Old 30-08-2015, 04:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntfruit
...in the afterlife?

Will they look built with big muscles?

Or just a slim 30 yr old?

What about sumo wrestlers?

Will they look massive?
The appearance of the spiritual body is the exact representation of the personality.
This makes everyone unique in the way they look.
Old 20-02-2016, 06:39 AM
Pathfinder
Jing is the most base source of energy. I'd imagine that very strong individuals have quite a bit of jing and that it must effect them somehow, in the end.