Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 20-04-2015, 03:05 PM
Robertj

WHY OUR LIVES DONT CHANGE MUCH

IVE HEARD ESTIMATES FROM THOSE WHO ENGAGE IN SUCH ACCOUNTING PRACTISES,THAT THE AVERAGE ADULT HAS APPROXIMATELY 60,000 SEPERATE THOUGHTS IN A 24 HOUR PERIOD.EVEN MORE STARTLING IS,THAT WE THINK THE SAME 60,000 THOUGHTS TODAY THAT WE HAD YESTERDAY AND WILL HAVE TOMMORROW.NOW LET ME ADD A BIT OF FUEL TO THE FIRESTORM.I SUGGEST THAT THE VAST MAJORITY OF THOSE CONTINUALLY REITERATED NOTIONS,PARTICALLY THOSE THAT FALL IN THE 'EXCUSE' CATEGORY,ARE VERY LIKELY UNTRUE.IT THEN FOLLOWS THAT WE USE OUR INCOMPARABLY BRILLIANT MINDS TO OBLIVIOUSLY PROCESS FALSE THOUGHTS ON A DAILY BASIS...Dr Wayne Dyer from the book 'excuses begone'

Now,i dont know how trueful Dyers statements are,but if they are anywhere in the ball park,is it any wonder WHY OUR LIVES DONT CHANGE MUCH.

Based on other teachings,here is one of my contentions: whenever you feel anything LESS than worthy,capable,awesome,wonderful and precious.You are experiencing feelings stemming from beliefs that you have,that are limiting you and what you can experience.Now with that said,let me ask YOU a question.

How many moments in any given day,do you feel LESS than wonderful,awesome,worthy,beautiful,powerful,terrif ic,loved,capable ect.If less than wonderful feelings indicate limiting beliefs...How often are you limiting yourself.

Or put another way,Do you EVER feel wonderful,awesome,worthy,beautiful,powerful,terrif ic,loved,capable ect.If not or only seldom.Can you imagine the degree to which you have been limiting yourself.And might it be worth your while to deliberately go about improving how you feel,more of the time with whatever it is thats important to you.

THANKS FOR READING.
Old 21-04-2015, 03:08 AM
Woodland_Elf

Very good points, RobertJ. With some very good questions for people to contemplate.

I know I certainly did.

It is true, though. A lot of our mental potential is recycled into repeated thoughts.

So ask yourself this, are your cycles positive or negative?

This is why your last questions are so important.

Your emotions are good ques.

Emotions can remind you of the "Energy" behind the motion.. E-motion. So what you're feeling is a hint as to whether or not you're thoughts are negative or not.

Good post. Good read.

Namaste
Old 21-04-2015, 02:10 PM
Robertj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodland_Elf
Very good points, RobertJ. With some very good questions for people to contemplate.

I know I certainly did.

It is true, though. A lot of our mental potential is recycled into repeated thoughts.

So ask yourself this, are your cycles positive or negative?

This is why your last questions are so important.

Your emotions are good ques.

Emotions can remind you of the "Energy" behind the motion.. E-motion. So what you're feeling is a hint as to whether or not you're thoughts are negative or not.

Good post. Good read.

Namaste

THANKS WOODLAND ELF,I like what you wrote,it was GOOD,Welcome to the forums :)
Old 21-04-2015, 02:57 PM
Master
WHY OUR LIVES DONT CHANGE MUCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertj
IVE HEARD ESTIMATES FROM THOSE WHO ENGAGE IN SUCH ACCOUNTING PRACTISES,THAT THE AVERAGE ADULT HAS APPROXIMATELY 60,000 SEPERATE THOUGHTS IN A 24 HOUR PERIOD.EVEN MORE STARTLING IS,THAT WE THINK THE SAME 60,000 THOUGHTS TODAY THAT WE HAD YESTERDAY AND WILL HAVE TOMMORROW.NOW LET ME ADD A BIT OF FUEL TO THE FIRESTORM.I SUGGEST THAT THE VAST MAJORITY OF THOSE CONTINUALLY REITERATED NOTIONS,PARTICALLY THOSE THAT FALL IN THE 'EXCUSE' CATEGORY,ARE VERY LIKELY UNTRUE.IT THEN FOLLOWS THAT WE USE OUR INCOMPARABLY BRILLIANT MINDS TO OBLIVIOUSLY PROCESS FALSE THOUGHTS ON A DAILY BASIS...Dr Wayne Dyer from the book 'excuses begone'

Now,i dont know how trueful Dyers statements are,but if they are anywhere in the ball park,is it any wonder WHY OUR LIVES DONT CHANGE MUCH.

Based on other teachings,here is one of my contentions: whenever you feel anything LESS than worthy,capable,awesome,wonderful and precious.You are experiencing feelings stemming from beliefs that you have,that are limiting you and what you can experience.Now with that said,let me ask YOU a question.

How many moments in any given day,do you feel LESS than wonderful,awesome,worthy,beautiful,powerful,terrif ic,loved,capable ect.If less than wonderful feelings indicate limiting beliefs...How often are you limiting yourself.

Or put another way,Do you EVER feel wonderful,awesome,worthy,beautiful,powerful,terrif ic,loved,capable ect.If not or only seldom.Can you imagine the degree to which you have been limiting yourself.And might it be worth your while to deliberately go about improving how you feel,more of the time with whatever it is thats important to you.

THANKS FOR READING.

Robertj,

Thanks for providing this reminder to read.

Strangely, I find it both ironic and comforting to realize that the power which works perfectly to produce the aforementioned debilitating effects of limitation also works perfectly to produce the exhilarating effects of abundance !! Why ironic and comforting?

Because it reaffirms that when we understand that all the principles of Life are ALWAYS consistent with Truth, without variation, deviation, attenuation, OR exception for anybody, at any time, or any place, then we begin to see that the real test in Life, is to live KNOWING the difference....between TRUTH and belief, and that the consequences of our actions WILL occur just as certainly as 2+2=4, truthfully, invariably, perfectly......and unavoidably....

....for good AND for ill....by what we tell ourselves is true.

Your post reaffirms why it is helpful to reflect on the kind of "excuse-making", "I am not worthy" thought processes that would proclaim "In order for you to have plenty, others must have less."....themselves, actually engender a lifetime of having less for those who hold such sentiments as valid.

Why ?

Because we don't see the things the way they are. We see things as WE are.
-Talmund

....which when applied to the statement "In order for you to have plenty, others must have less.".... : it translates to: In order for others to have plenty, I must have less.....

You can readily see how that works to perpetuate, not remediate lack, in the lives of those who believe such thoughts are true, right ?

Fortunately, Life, Itself, provides the very remedy to reorient our thinking, if we choose to be aware of, and then act upon, the way shown to correct the effects.... How ??

Life doesn't tell you that your aim (i.e. your thought) is true, Life shows you that you "hit the target", with the consequences.

Life doesn't tell you that your shot (i.e. your thought) is amiss, Life shows you that your thought is amiss, with the consequences.

"As a man thinks, so is he"...in the mirror of Life. Equally so for woman, don't you think?

...and is right on the money, so to speak. Why ?

Because the power that works to bring your manifestations to "Life", works with equal facility to bring abundance AND lack to each and every one of us, regardless whether we are keenly aware or completely clueless as to how the Principles work. The power in us works perfectly, immutably, and truthfully...either way !

That's why....

When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
Dr. Wayne Dyer

It is not from "want" of a Law of Attraction that stymies the manifestation of our desire to change our lives....it is from lack of awareness and conscious (eyes wide open) use of the immutable Principles by which one recognizes that the power to do so is already, always present and available.

....exactly like the availability of air (prayer answered) PRECEDES our need to breathe it (prayer request)....or we would not even be able to pray (breathe) at all.

If you believe what is false, you will only be able to see what is false. But when you know what is true, you can see what is false and what is true.

That is power.

It's kinda comforting to understand that our ability to choose ABUNDANCE or LACK on purpose results in a life that won't change much...until WE DO!

Again, thanks for the inspiration.
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 21-04-2015, 03:26 PM
Knower

Great thread EVERYONE! Thank you(:

Wow! I am going to come back and read all of these posts again!(:

Last edited by AsAlwaysAppreciating : 21-04-2015 at 06:20 PM.
Old 21-04-2015, 05:28 PM
Robertj

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
Robertj,

Thanks for providing this reminder to read.

Strangely, I find it both ironic and comforting to realize that the power which works perfectly to produce the aforementioned debilitating effects of limitation also works perfectly to produce the exhilarating effects of abundance !! Why ironic and comforting?

Because it reaffirms that when we understand that all the principles of Life are ALWAYS consistent with Truth, without variation, deviation, attenuation, OR exception for anybody, at any time, or any place, then we begin to see that the real test in Life, is to live KNOWING the difference....between TRUTH and belief, and that the consequences of our actions WILL occur just as certainly as 2+2=4, truthfully, invariably, perfectly......and unavoidably....

....for good AND for ill....by what we tell ourselves is true.

Your post reaffirms why it is helpful to reflect on the kind of "excuse-making", "I am not worthy" thought processes that would proclaim "In order for you to have plenty, others must have less."....themselves, actually engender a lifetime of having less for those who hold such sentiments as valid.

Why ?

Because we don't see the things the way they are. We see things as WE are.
-Talmund

....which when applied to the statement "In order for you to have plenty, others must have less.".... : it translates to: In order for others to have plenty, I must have less.....

You can readily see how that works to perpetuate, not remediate lack, in the lives of those who believe such thoughts are true, right ?

Fortunately, Life, Itself, provides the very remedy to reorient our thinking, if we choose to be aware of, and then act upon, the way shown to correct the effects.... How ??

Life doesn't tell you that your aim (i.e. your thought) is true, Life shows you that you "hit the target", with the consequences.

Life doesn't tell you that your shot (i.e. your thought) is amiss, Life shows you that your thought is amiss, with the consequences.

"As a man thinks, so is he"...in the mirror of Life. Equally so for woman, don't you think?

...and is right on the money, so to speak. Why ?

Because the power that works to bring your manifestations to "Life", works with equal facility to bring abundance AND lack to each and every one of us, regardless whether we are keenly aware or completely clueless as to how the Principles work. The power in us works perfectly, immutably, and truthfully...either way !

That's why....

When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
Dr. Wayne Dyer

It is not from "want" of a Law of Attraction that stymies the manifestation of our desire to change our lives....it is from lack of awareness and conscious (eyes wide open) use of the immutable Principles by which one recognizes that the power to do so is already, always present and available.

....exactly like the availability of air (prayer answered) PRECEDES our need to breathe it (prayer request)....or we would not even be able to pray (breathe) at all.

If you believe what is false, you will only be able to see what is false. But when you know what is true, you can see what is false and what is true.

That is power.

It's kinda comforting to understand that our ability to choose ABUNDANCE or LACK on purpose results in a life that won't change much...until WE DO!

Again, thanks for the inspiration.

An EXCELLENT post, very helpful..THANK YOU.
Old 15-09-2016, 07:43 AM
Guide

I think that our life does not change because we do NOTHING to change it. Moreover, a lot of people do not know what they want to achieve/get.
Old 16-09-2016, 03:14 AM
Seeker

I find that I must spend time practicing silence and "no thought" by sitting a few minutes in meditation each day.

When I do this, I see things more clearly. I start to see how abundant the Earth and Universe already are.....We are already living in heaven, but just can't see it most of the time.

It is concealed by our illusions/delusions that Buddha spoke about...

We are not seeing things clearly most of the time. It is like living in a dream or believing in a mirage.

So this is why we need prayer and meditation.....Because we start to see "reality" more and more.....and reality is loving and perfect and eternal.

Sometimes we get brief glimpses of reality and it's wonderful, but it doesn't last.

Positive, loving affirmations also get us closer to "reality", but it's ultimately found in perfect stillness of the mind with "no thought".

In a space of "no thought", heaven is revealed....It's also been called Nirvana...

Hope that helps....