Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 15-05-2015, 08:15 PM
Seeker

Lightbulb tumbled or rough?

I'm looking for a black tourmaline. I'm still new to crystals but I find them fascinating. I have a some faceted moldavite jewelry and labradorite jewelry. I think those two are beautiful. Anyway im very interested in getting a piece of black tourmaline. I just don't know what kind to get. I've seen rough, tumbled, double and single terminated. I ordered a bracelet that has a faceted one but I just thought that was pretty. I really just want a stone but with so many options, I'm at a loss.
Old 15-05-2015, 11:40 PM
Experiencer
Polished is good for jewelry. Sometimes there's cut pieces that are not polished that are fordable. I personally prefer rough pieces but depending on the piece; Tourmaline can be brittle. I have all kinds to avoid that dilemma
Old 16-05-2015, 12:07 AM
Master
I've got rough black tourmaline only. Depends what you want to do with it. I never carry them on me, I mainly use them on sockets, in front of my speakers etc.
If you want to carry it with you, a tumbled piece might be handier.
Polished wands can be nice too. Again, it depends how you intend to use it.
Old 16-05-2015, 01:19 AM
Master
Go with what you are attracted to. What draws you to a particular crystal. It's all about the energy
Old 16-05-2015, 03:58 AM
Ravenspirit

I've had energy from both. In fact one of my major power stones, one that really heats up and talks to me is a tumbled labradorite stone. I like both. It's not about that it's about the stone. A stone that talks to me will do so tumbled or not.
Old 16-05-2015, 07:35 AM
Seeker

Thank you :)
Old 19-05-2015, 09:54 AM
Master
In general, just buy one that you are drawn to. You are already drawn to black tourmaline, just go to a shop, or shop online, look at pieces, and if you see one that makes your heart go giddy-up, that's the one for you. Doesn't matter if it's rough, tumbled, a wand etc. What does matter is that you feel drawn to it.
Old 19-05-2015, 02:23 PM
Briar Rose

I only have rough tourmaline now.
I wouldn't mind getting some tumbled 8mm or even smaller for some power protection bracklets. I rather make my own though.

Tumbled stones have been through so much. You know the process with grit from harsh to smooth for weeks on end.

I think for leaving a piece next to, say night stand or in a room to neutralize the air, natural is best.
Old 19-05-2015, 02:24 PM
Briar Rose

Can a mod please fix my spelling to read,
bracelets? Thank you.
Old 19-05-2015, 02:34 PM
Administrator
Hello

Crystals choose you, you do not choose them. Its a gut feeling that you get when you look or touch one that says YES this one is for me. Same with jewelery. Does it feel right for you.

Other option is to use a dowsing tool to see if it is right for you. Simply asking the yes or no question.

Lynn