Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 17-05-2015, 01:49 PM
Pathfinder

Talking How does everyone store their crystals?

Hopefully fairly self explanatory questions

I'm looking for some ideas as i dont really have the option of always keeping my crystals out on display (Except the bigger pieces of course). Do you guys have special places to store your crystals when you are not using them?

I was thinking somthing like this...

what do you guys think? Would love to see pictures if you have them!
Old 18-05-2015, 02:57 AM
Knower
At the end of the day, it'll basically boil down to (if you're not sensitive to the energies of the stones and crystals in your care) your own personal tastes, as well as your enviroment and surroundings.
I mean, you could put your stones and crystals up in a pure clear glass display case, but if you had kids or irresponsible teens running about, that wouldn't be the safest decision for either party involved.
You could put them in a plastic, sectioned carrying case like in your example, just to keep them perfectly organized and on hand when you need them.
You could even place them in an aged, well-loved wooden box.
They could be set on a window cil, on the headboard of a bed, carefully arranged upon a special desk just for them. The limits are your own imagination.

As for me personally, since I'm sensitive to the energies of stones and crystals, I simply place them where they let me know they want to be at. Whether that's out in my flower bed in the soil, in a bowl of beach sand, in a bowl of water, in a bowl of salt, on a particular window cil, perched up on top of my computer's tower, or even tied to my shower head. And that's barely half of the examples I can offer! lol

However, it all just goes back to what you personally think will be the best. I mean, despite my situation, whenever my sister comes over to visit with her kids, I have to put all of the stones and crystals in my care somewhere safe. Especially during one visit, my nephew got a hold of one of my larger clear quartz pieces and decided to see just how sharp it's point was by running it across the glass of the sliding glass porch door.

so... yeah.

And just in case you may want a few visual examples, here are a few. But, like I said, it all just boils down to what feels right for you as well as your enviroment and surroundings.

Old 18-05-2015, 02:27 PM
Knower

I just owned few pieces and all of them are small and some palm size, about 30 plus different crystals/stones, so I just put them some in small wooden boxes that looks like a pirate chest box and sometimes put them in rectangular pyrex glass when I sunbath them while some of them I just let them lay in the grid on top of the sacred geometry image.
Old 18-05-2015, 04:05 PM
Knower
Most of my crystals are in a heart-shaped glass dish in my china cabinet, some are on my mantle, some are in my office and soon, since the weather is nice, some will be outside among my plants and flowers. I always carry a Moonstone with me in my purse. My daughter keeps her crystals in a heart-shaped glass dish on her dresser.

Loneflower, your crystals are beautiful! Did you get the bottom left wooden triangle with the moon phases from a girl on Etsy/Instagram? I have wanted one for so long, but they are in such demand, she can't make them fast enough!
Old 18-05-2015, 04:36 PM
Master
THose plastic containers are very practical, but I have been taught that plastic warp energy in a negative way, so I do not want to story my crystals in them, however tempting it may be.

I have a room upstairs, the 2nd largest bedroom, which is my crystal room. The ones I don't need downstairs, are on display there on shelves, cupboards etc. There are other ritual items there too, i.e. my shamanic sound instruments and figurines of the Lord of the Wildwoods, goddesses and so on.

The smaller ones I keep in something like this (don't know the English word for it). Of course I lay it flat, don't hang it up:

Wooden teaboxes with glass lids are great too. Got one of those as well, with slightly larger sections, suited for the slightly larger crystals.

Wood, natural, doesn't interfere with the energies, open, so they get daylight. It lives on a shelf in a cupboard, but still gets some daylight. And before and during full moon, I put it out in the window so they can bathe in the moonlight.

All my other crystals are everywhere in my home, except for the loo and bathroom. Considered that, but both are too small to have safe display for crystals.
Old 18-05-2015, 08:55 PM
Pathfinder

Thank you all for the ideas =D i might look more into plastic warping the energies as i wouldn't want to do that.

I will consider some of the options and see what i can afford/fit in around the house :)
Old 18-05-2015, 09:36 PM
Master
Synthetic materials (clothing) tend to do the same thing. THat's why it's best to wear a crystal directly on the skin or on natural clothing (wool, cotton, linen).

Plastic and synthetic stuff gives off positive ions which are not good and unhealthy for us. We need negative ions, which you get after lightning (clear the air, literally), in the mountains, near the ocean).
As we are surrounded by the stuff in our homes ... (curtains, flooring, settees, carpeting, rugs, stuff in paint/wall paint, whatever is plastic/synthetic ... foam in settees etc etc.)

So storing crystals directly in plastic ... I wouldn't, but to each his own.
Old 19-05-2015, 12:37 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Synthetic materials (clothing) tend to do the same thing. THat's why it's best to wear a crystal directly on the skin or on natural clothing (wool, cotton, linen).

Plastic and synthetic stuff gives off positive ions which are not good and unhealthy for us. We need negative ions, which you get after lightning (clear the air, literally), in the mountains, near the ocean).
As we are surrounded by the stuff in our homes ... (curtains, flooring, settees, carpeting, rugs, stuff in paint/wall paint, whatever is plastic/synthetic ... foam in settees etc etc.)

So storing crystals directly in plastic ... I wouldn't, but to each his own.

I appreciate the advice on this :) I think i may look for a nice wooden box to store them in. I currently have them slightly crammed together in 2 of my ornamental dragon boxes I will try and upload a picture at somepoint haha
Old 19-05-2015, 02:17 PM
Briar Rose

I love all the ideas and pictures.

I don't have the ability yet to post pictures yet. I have various ways I store mine. Shelves, book case unit, storage boxes, pouches.