Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 07-05-2013, 04:13 PM
Time

All modern humans are evolved from homo sapiens, from africa. Thats about as far as the "relation" goes genetically. We spread out towards india and SE asia first, then europe.

Sibearians/asians crossed the bearing straight in pulses, some by boat before the melt, some during, some after. Native americans, that means inuit, canadian/american, and central/south american natives are all genetically ASIAN
Old 27-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Experiencer
In learning the history of Florida I learned that run away slaves mixed with the Seminole and Miccosokee/Creek. There is an old African American fort in North Florida called Fort Mose that was also inhabited by Seminoles. My paternal great grandmother is believed to have been a result of one of the these mixtures. She always denied being Native American, but her features tell a different story. On my maternal side there is talk of Native American blood too. This has never been traced so I really don't know. There were also some Native Americans who held Africans slaves. This is a little known fact that I just found out about last year. I only wish I could have gotten my great grandmother to open up about her origins before she died. While I agree we are all one, I am always curious about my family history.

"When the student is ready the teacher appears" quote origin The Buddha or Mabel Collins
Old 31-05-2013, 04:21 AM
Juanita

[quote=Jebbie]In learning the history of Florida I learned that run away slaves mixed with the Seminole and Miccosokee/Creek. There is an old African American fort in North Florida called Fort Mose that was also inhabited by Seminoles. My paternal great grandmother is believed to have been a result of one of the these mixtures. She always denied being Native American, but her features tell a different story. On my maternal side there is talk of Native American blood too. This has never been traced so I really don't know. There were also some Native Americans who held Africans slaves. This is a little known fact that I just found out about last year. I only wish I could have gotten my great grandmother to open up about her origins before she died. While I agree we are all one, I am always curious about
Old 31-05-2013, 05:06 AM
Juanita

OOPS sorry about that.....I just want to make a comment....Before the internet, if you wanted information, you looked in the encyclopedia....Now, information is at your fingertips in seconds--anything and everything that you might want to know--so don't guess--look it up..

Native Americans are descended from Asia--all parts of Asia, as they migrated North... All human beings have a percentage of DNA that is African...Native Americans and African Americans did intermingle, but many Native Americans from The 5 civilized tribes owned African American slaves......There were free African Americans, especially in the North, before the slave trade..... The End....:-)
Old 02-06-2014, 04:55 PM
elisi

it might not be well known but the cherokee were a very advanced nation. some were very wealthy and had plantations. many had black slaves. there was a lot of interbreeding. that's one source for the mixed heritage.