Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 14-10-2011, 09:18 AM
mac

whither Modern Spiritualism?

someone wrote elsewhere: "I just don't understand why the actual process of mediumship itself has not adapted and evolved with the modern world of technology, to produce the same results and thoses sittings and circles did so many years ago, when the same intent to communicate is still there."

I used to feel that way too a few years back. Why, with worldwide communication now part of everyday life for many of us, why then do our discarnate friends not take advantage of it to 'spread the word' more easily and more widely?

It's been suggested that a lack of mediumistic power is a major factor and it's undoubtedly true that if mediumship were intended to continue to provide a conduit between the dimensions, the present dearth of mediums would be an immediate stumbling block.....

But the very issue of mediumship for transdimensional communication - with all the associated problems it has - might be the spiritual equivalent of the thermionic valve. The valve was a major step along a path which eventually led to the easy worldwide communication we now take for granted. But the valve is hardly known about nowadays save for a small number of enthusiasts and maybe that's where mediumship is also heading?

Unlike the valve, however, humankind didn't invent mediumship and hence it can do little other than to wait for something to replace it. It's possible we're already becoming aware of the beginnings with so-called channelling of so-called Ascended Masters and/or a general increase of individuals' personal awareness of discarnates? Time will tell if that is actually so....

My own opinion is that the Modern Spiritualism movement - which helped give me a foundation for whatever small awareness and understanding I have - is in irreversible decline. Like the valve it is likely to retain into the future a few enthusiasts.

As long as there are mediums in our world (and we don't know how long that may continue as we have no idea why or how their necessary attributes come about) then it's arguable that some discarnate friends will continue to communicate through them. But in time such a communication mode may be seen to have been the equivalent of an early picture book along the path which one day leads to the worldwide communication of the big picture.....

That of life, physical death and life-hereafter.
Old 15-10-2011, 03:09 PM
Serenity Bear

Many thought that mediumship was in decline before World War 2, the Faulklands etc., it seems it does go quiet but resurfaces during time of need. I suspect that we are going through a plateau/quiet time at the moment and will get busy next year - that being 2012, cause even if the Mayans were wrong theres going to be another Star alignment (I believe its called a Harmonic Concordance) next year which did heighten everyones awareness the last time.
Old 15-10-2011, 04:10 PM
Neville

Now you mention it, I wonder too why the progress in other areas has remained resolutely away from the area of mediumship.

Or possibly some pioneering steps have been made but here to for remain a closely guarded secret. I hope not though.

The devolopment of medium abilities is in a way very life affirming as it re assures many.
Old 15-10-2011, 05:24 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Bear
Many thought that mediumship was in decline before World War 2, the Faulklands etc., it seems it does go quiet but resurfaces during time of need. I suspect that we are going through a plateau/quiet time at the moment and will get busy next year - that being 2012, cause even if the Mayans were wrong theres going to be another Star alignment (I believe its called a Harmonic Concordance) next year which did heighten everyones awareness the last time.

We won't have long to wait to test out the above but my prediction is that by the end of 2012 nothing much will have changed - as I've said on other occasions I'd love to be proven wrong but thus far it's not happened.
Old 15-10-2011, 05:29 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Now you mention it, I wonder too why the progress in other areas has remained resolutely away from the area of mediumship.

Or possibly some pioneering steps have been made but here to for remain a closely guarded secret. I hope not though.

The devolopment of medium abilities is in a way very life affirming as it re assures many.

But perhaps belongs more to a time now passed, save for just a small number of situations.

The spiritual equivalent of the thermionic valve-lovers' position.

We'll see......
Old 15-10-2011, 06:25 PM
Neville

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
But perhaps belongs more to a time now passed, save for just a small number of situations.

The spiritual equivalent of the thermionic valve-lovers' position.

We'll see......

Maybe, Like sooth sayers and readers of auguries and omens, firmly belonging in history.

And yet, there may be a time , maybe not far ahead that we really could use some of the wisdom of the ancients.

Consigning something to history was always a double edged sword, one never knows if in progressing we discard things of potential value.
Old 15-10-2011, 06:59 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Maybe, Like sooth sayers and readers of auguries and omens, firmly belonging in history.

And yet, there may be a time , maybe not far ahead that we really could use some of the wisdom of the ancients.

Consigning something to history was always a double edged sword, one never knows if in progressing we discard things of potential value.

Oh I agree and when the time is nigh that wisdom may get communicated but in ways not immediately obvious.....

We don't have the means, though, of retaining, keeping active and ultimately differentiating the items that may be of value from the many which will not. It's a situation so different from life in the etheric and experiencing such contrasts may be a major reason that we're here at all, don't you think?